Citing ‘threat,’ St. Mary’s School Vice-chairwoman Resigns

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have a team that will take care of you. Sal [Raspa, former school board chair] said you are crazy! I am glad that you want people to write letters because Tom [Crosby] is going to be spending the next four months working on a letter that will get the attention of everyone on the county. Have a nice day!”

I know for a fact that the St. Mary's County SA has filed harassment charges over emailed threats less overt than that one!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Marilyn Crosby needs to resign or be recalled. That is one of the more immature ignorant things I've ever seen.

Rita Weaver, however, is being a big baby drama queen.

They should both be embarrassed that their little 7th grade cat fight is now public.

red_dog

Marilyn Crosby needs to resign or be recalled. That is one of the more immature ignorant things I've ever seen.

Rita Weaver, however, is being a big baby drama queen.

They should both be embarrassed that their little 7th grade cat fight is now public.

Agreed on both counts. Marilyn Crosby sends out an email saying, "I have a team that will take care of you." She looks like a fool.

Based on that "threat," Rita Weaver says, " . . . I'm taking this email threat seriously. At this time, for my safely, I am unable to attend Board of Education Meetings."
So she receives a feeble-minded email from Crosby and is now afraid to sit at the BOE table? Ridiculous. And that's her excuse for not attending BOE meetings until October. Weaver can't seriously be afraid that she's going to end up at the bottom of the Patuxent wearing a pair of cement shoes. It's Marilyn Crosby, not Tony Soprano!

When I voted for Weaver, I thought she was going to represent my interests as a taxpayer and my children's needs as students. The citizens of St. Mary's County elected her to show up at meetings and work hard to improve our schools; not get into petty squabbles with other board members.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Agreed on both counts. Marilyn Crosby sends out an email saying, "I have a team that will take care of you." She looks like a fool.

Based on that "threat," Rita Weaver says, " . . . I'm taking this email threat seriously. At this time, for my safely, I am unable to attend Board of Education Meetings."
So she receives a feeble-minded email from Crosby and is now afraid to sit at the BOE table? Ridiculous. And that's her excuse for not attending BOE meetings until October. Weaver can't seriously be afraid that she's going to end up at the bottom of the Patuxent wearing a pair of cement shoes. It's Marilyn Crosby, not Tony Soprano!

When I voted for Weaver, I thought she was going to represent my interests as a taxpayer and my children's needs as students. The citizens of St. Mary's County elected her to show up at meetings and work hard to improve our schools; not get into petty squabbles with other board members.

If Rita Weaver feels she can't attend BoE meetings until Oct, she should resign from her seat, not just the Vice-chair spot.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If Rita Weaver feels she can't attend BoE meetings until Oct, she should resign from her seat, not just the Vice-chair spot.

I don't pretend to know the real story behind the spat, but generally speaking, why would the "aggrieved" party be expected to resign? That would be spineless thing to do in most cases, wouldn't it?

awpitt

Main Streeter
I don't pretend to know the real story behind the spat, but generally speaking, why would the "aggrieved" party be expected to resign? That would be spineless thing to do in most cases, wouldn't it?

Because she's refusing to do the job she was elected to do and I don't see a real threat. If she was really threatened, she would've file a complaint at the Sheriff's office. As was mentioned earlier, Weaver is just drumming up drama. She's no better than Crosby.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
B I don't see a real threat.

There it is. It's not about you or your interpretation. Not in the least. Looked like a very credible and overt threat to me...certainly nothing "veiled" about it. Considered in the context of how "Mr. Mafioso Raspa" worked so hard to sabotage Weaver's election chances, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could roll him if I were her. And how do you know she has not filed a complaint with the Sheriff's office? ;-)

Hopefully there are some adults in that group somewhere....

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
There it is. It's not about you or your interpretation. Not in the least. Looked like a very credible and overt threat to me...certainly nothing "veiled" about it. Considered in the context of how "Mr. Mafioso Raspa" worked so hard to sabotage Weaver's election chances, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could roll him if I were her. And how do you know she has not filed a complaint with the Sheriff's office? ;-)

Hopefully there are some adults in that group somewhere....

I am truly blessed that my son graduates 2016. The ####ing school system in St. Mary's is, and always has been, a joke. Thank God Almighty my kids had the intelligence to weed out the bull####, and take "challenging" classes which are about on par with real school systems' normal curriculum. Public schools have become part of the machine and are as about as useless as tits on a boar hog.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I am truly blessed that my son graduates 2016. The ####ing school system in St. Mary's is, and always has been, a joke. Thank God Almighty my kids had the intelligence to weed out the bull####, and take "challenging" classes which are about on par with real school systems' normal curriculum. Public schools have become part of the machine and are as about as useless as tits on a boar hog.

My youngest just graduated. We're done too. Thank goodness.. My oldest entered the SMC school system in 1989....it was a very different system back then and we liked it.

Hijinx

My youngest just graduated. We're done too. Thank goodness.. My oldest entered the SMC school system in 1989....it was a very different system back then and we liked it.

Back in the old days two men having this problem would go outside and solve it.

red_dog

It's spineless to fail to show up for the meetings that you were elected to attend. I'm not buying the "At this time, for my safety, I am unable to attend Board of Education Meetings." It doesn't make any sense. A sane person doesn't fail to do their job because a co-worker sends a nasty email. I might not let Crosby take me for a ride down a deserted back-road, but the BOE meetings are videotaped and conducted in a room full of people.

But you're right that we don't know the whole story. The news article reported that it was a part of a longer email chain. Weaver ran on a platform of "transparency." She needs to live up to her campaign promise and release the entire chain of emails. Show us all the emails and be vindicated out in the open. Otherwise, for all we know, Crosby could be the "aggrieved party."
Cut the crap crybaby, get back to the table and start working for the students and taxpayers of St. Mary's County.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's spineless to fail to show up for the meetings that you were elected to attend. I'm not buying the "At this time, for my safety, I am unable to attend Board of Education Meetings." It doesn't make any sense. A sane person doesn't fail to do their job because a co-worker sends a nasty email. I might not let Crosby take me for a ride down a deserted back-road, but the BOE meetings are videotaped and conducted in a room full of people.

But you're right that we don't know the whole story. The news article reported that it was a part of a longer email chain. Weaver ran on a platform of "transparency." She needs to live up to her campaign promise and release the entire chain of emails. Show us all the emails and be vindicated out in the open. Otherwise, for all we know, Crosby could be the "aggrieved party."
Cut the crap crybaby, get back to the table and start working for the students and taxpayers of St. Mary's County.

Yeah, that. Even with not knowing the "whole story", there's nothing preventing Weaver from doing the job she was elected to do. Either do the job or resign so a replacement can be found who is willing to do the job.

Is it St. Mary's school board that has a member whose husband was a teacher that was fired for inappropriate contact with students, or is it another county that I am thinking of?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Is it St. Mary's school board that has a member whose husband was a teacher that was fired for inappropriate contact with students, or is it another county that I am thinking of?

That doesn't ring a bell. Must have been somewhere else.