CJ's Backroom

Roman

I heard they might re-open, but with different people running it. Any truth to that?

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Today ends at 12:59:59, then we start tomorrow which will actually be today, tomorrow.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine. Get off the dam# couch PEEVEY! Sorry, Anyway, today ends at 12:00:00 PM midnight. Tomorrow starts at 12:01:01 AM what ever dam# day it is. Ya don't start counting with a Zero, ya start with 1, or 01 as the case may be.

:cds::cds::cds:

TNRabbit

This has always been a pet peeve of mine. Get off the dam# couch PEEVEY! Sorry, Anyway, today ends at 12:00:00 PM midnight. Tomorrow starts at 12:01:01 AM what ever dam# day it is. Ya don't start counting with a Zero, ya start with 1, or 01 as the case may be.

:cds::cds::cds:

Actually, tomorrow begins at 12:00:01. 12;01:01 would be one minute and one second into the day.

Toxick

Splat
Ya don't start counting with a Zero, ya start with 1, or 01 as the case may be.

Centuries and millenia which begin 1 year after the typically celebrated 'rollover' mark. Days actually do begin with the stroke of midnight.

And, for the record, I start counting with a zero.

(Although, to be fair, I'm a software guy, so that habit was thrust upon me against my will).

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Centuries and millenia which begin 1 year after the typically celebrated 'rollover' mark. Days actually do begin with the stroke of midnight.

And, for the record, I start counting with a zero.

(Although, to be fair, I'm a software guy, so that habit was thrust upon me against my will).

The stroke of midnight completes the day.

So when you pay for something that costs 5 dollars you count out 0,1,2,3,4,5. That seems like 6 dollars to me? :confused:

Or do you say I count 0 so it's only 4 for me.

MotherHen

I'm not surprised by this at all. Haven't been back to the place, after the owner came in one night, in his boxers, robe, and intoxicated. The place only had about 10 people in it, and we had only been there maybe twice before. He proceeded to come over to our table, where we were minding our business, and had only stopped in for a beer, after a movie. He was obnoxious, and actually almost knocked our table over, because he couldn't stand up. He became argumentative, when my husband asked him to leave us alone. He's lucky my husband didn't lay him out. Never been back. Glad he's losing his license, and I believe the other patron's story.