Cohen to plead the fifth.

SamSpade

*** Don't feed the trolls ***

Agreed. I've stopped responding to him.
I'd slap the stupid out of anyone who talked to my mom the way he addresses some people on here,
and I'd never give the time of day to such a person who talked to me that way.

Not on ignore - just don't care what he has to say anymore.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"If you are not guilty of a crime, what do you need immunity for?" Trump said at a campaign rally in Florida in September.

"The mob takes the Fifth Amendment," Trump said at a campaign event in Iowa later that month. "If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

Seems like that warrant was for lack of a better word warranted.

Haha. Couldn’t have happened to a slimier guy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ifth-amendment-stormy-daniels-case/552183002/

Ha ha, wasn't he cute then? So young and innocent. So believing in justice. Thinking that our elected representatives actually had our best interest at heart.

After a little over a year in the swamp he sure knows better now, doesn't he?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Haha. Couldn’t have happened to a slimier guy.

oh yeah, why is Cohen so slimy ....

Pleading the 5th is NOT an indication of guilt ....

...... Trumps fleecing of our country and the rule of law. As long as people Like you keep making excuses for bad behavior this will keep happening.

how is trump fleecing he country ... be specific

bad behavior, like Hillary and Obama ... how about that serial grouper / kisser Biden

Face it. If the Presidents lawyer is pleading the fifth the president is in deep shi*

Supposition, Innuendo, and Fantasy

Given that the Stormy NDA case is a civil matter and Cohen's ongoing case with SDNY is criminal, to not take the 5th in the civil case would be stooooopid.

:yay:

Last edited:

This_person

Pleading the 5th is NOT an indication of guilt ....

He’s trying to suggest that because a person claiming to be a Republican implied that it IS an indication of guilt, then all Republicans are hypocritical.

However, in the exact same post he implies there’s guilt because Cohen is pleading the fifth.

Were he consistent in his moral code, he would give Cohen the same BOD as he gave the Democrats.

In other words, he was grossly hypocritical in his post suggesting others are hypocritical:lol:

Chris0nllyn

Given that the Stormy NDA case is a civil matter and Cohen's ongoing case with SDNY is criminal, to not take the 5th in the civil case would be stooooopid.

Not necessarily. Taking the 5th in a civil case as a defendant can not always be good. If it's a jury trial, the jury can be told that you took the 5th (opposite if you're the plaintiff). As a defendant pleading the 5th, the court can prevent you from introducing any evidence relating to what drove them to plead the 5th. This prevents the defendant from contradicting any evidence the plaintiff may have.

the Fifth Amendment does not forbid adverse inferences against parties to civil actions when they refuse to testify in response to probative evidence offered against them
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=7744352446580251902&hl=en&as_sdt=2,39

Thus, pleading the Fifth in a civil case in federal court is never helpful, is rarely harmless, and is typically very damaging — indeed, it’s often fatal to the party’s claims or defenses.
https://www.litigationandtrial.com/2013/04/articles/attorney/pleading-the-fifth-adverse-inferences/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He’s trying to suggest ......
In other words, he was grossly hypocritical in his post suggesting others are hypocritical :lol:

I'm not sure what Sappy is trying to say ...
Other than somehow Trump should be eating Crow Soup for statements made 2 yrs ago ....
I am thinking in regards to Hillary ...
but without context who knows ...

I don't see the Hypocrisy Here ....
Unless Trump comes out and makes a statement ABOUT Cohen pleading the 5th [positive or negative]
The Actions of Cohen TODAY have NO Bearing on what Trump said 2 yrs ago ....

Seems like another Strawman .... implying disparity where there is none

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What do you mean? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

what Ken Said ...........

although I think this should have been Criminal

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I still don't understand. You think the Stormy v. Cohen case should be criminal?

no sir ....

Cohen / Stormy = Matter has an NDA

Muller questioning Cohen on Story Case ... because of the NDA in the Civil Matter, Cohen should NOT be talking to the FBI about any of his dealings with Stormy BECAUSE of the NDA

Chris0nllyn

no sir ....

Cohen / Stormy = Matter has an NDA

Muller questioning Cohen on Story Case ... because of the NDA in the Civil Matter, Cohen should NOT be talking to the FBI about any of his dealings with Stormy BECAUSE of the NDA

When has Mueller questioned Cohen on the Stormey case?

Chris0nllyn

My Understanding is, the point of the RAID among other things - communication about the 130k payout to Stormy

Right, but that came about, in part, because Mueller's investigation found something about that case. Nothing I've read suggests Mueller and Cohen discussed anything. Cohen knows the laws and I'm sure knows about the NDA and not speaking with anyone about it (though Cohen himself has been pretty public with a number of things).

Plus, I'm pretty sure the NDA was for Daniels, not Cohen.