College people - help me!

C

czygvtwkr

I guess Im strange Breakfast was the only meal that I always made. I love bacon and eggs in the morning, but then again I usually had a class at 7:30 or 8 every morning.

The people who took class on beer drinking and fornicating never made breakfast though. (I was already an expert :dance: )

marianne

I know this posting is untimely, but it had me thinking.

I first have to defend the spoiled kids that had their college paid for by their parents. They didn't all party & fail out of school. Some did quite well in school. And, indeed, while these kids don't have established credit after graduating, they can easily obtain a car loan by getting a co-signer.

Our kids are taking low interest student loans for undergraduate school. If they graduate, the deal is we will pay those student loans in full. If they do not graduate, they must repay the loan. I would suggest this course only if it will not interfere with retirement savings.

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
BuddyLee said:
How would I even get started?:confused: Where would I go?:confused:

Cari told me to go to the building that is at gate #2 across from Linda's cafe, Lexington park firehouse, and the thrift store.

BL - the federal government hires for student positons. They start off at about 22,000 a year or so and the work with your college schedule. You will also get a partial transit subsidy for the commute. If you want you can work full time in the summer.

I worked for the DOJ and we had 4 student positions and I thought it was a great opportunity for them. I beleive they have at least one or two positions open right now. If you are interested pm me and I'll give you the information and call the lady that hires the students. She and I are still good friends and I will put in a good word for you.

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
I had some of everything - loans, scholarships, financial aid and parent's money. I did not work my freshman year because it was pretty overwhelming, but I did work the rest of the time. I think all kids should have to work, because they appreciate the education alot more. Most of the people I went to school with were in two categories. Those who were rich and didn't have to work - they tended to party and get put on academic probation or flunked out. And, those who did work - they tended to get at least average grades and graduate on time.

When I got out of school my parents paid for some of my loans, but I was responsible for $50/mo for 5 years. It taught me a valuable lesson right out of college. I had no idea about monthly bills, so when I decided to skip a payment or two and they started calling with the threats, I quickly learned the value of paying someone back!

I plan to do the same for my kids.

Bogart

marianne said:
I first have to defend the spoiled kids that had their college paid for by their parents. They didn't all party & fail out of school. Some did quite well in school. And, indeed, while these kids don't have established credit after graduating, they can easily obtain a car loan by getting a co-signer.
Girls don't have sex and think about pregnancy, it's usually just being social, and happens a whole heck of a lot.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Bogart said:
Girls don't have sex and think about pregnancy, it's usually just being social, and happens a whole heck of a lot.
um, excuse me ... eyes down. :duh: