College Students Claim Objective 'Truth' Is A Racist 'Myth'

This_person

THAT"S NOT THE GOAL. Just because THEY'RE trying to leave you sputtering or shocked doesn't mean that's the way to refute, let alone win a debate AND close the gap between us.

The goal is not for us all to reconsider our opinions, such that maybe we might change wrong ones and better defend good ones?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You say that like people willing to look that deeply into the subject are the ones that drive policy and outcome.

They aren't anymore.

Closing the gap and reaching agreement is passe.

Well, not every one is willing, true. However, using you as an example, SOME are willing and interesting in engaging, learning, sharing, teaching, seeking common ground and working on a more perfect union. SO, if we can get a few more to be like Wishbone, that's good, yes?

:buddies:

Wishbone

Well, not every one is willing, true. However, using you as an example, SOME are willing and interesting in engaging, learning, sharing, teaching, seeking common ground and working on a more perfect union. SO, if we can get a few more to be like Wishbone, that's good, yes?

:buddies:
I'm not interested in debate...

Only in causing mayhem, confusion and irritation.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How about competing idea stands? People aren't going to like changing their mind. That's not vinegar - it's just hard for people to do.

Yes, all true, we resist non conforming information. That said, if it comes with fries it's a little easier to at least have the conversation rather than with a side of warm yogurt.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fair enough, you've changed my mind :buddies:

:lol:

Well, isn't that what we all loath? We might love MSNBC and despise FOX or the opposite. And what does that get us? It gets THEM ratings. They share the market. It doesn't get us reason and honest debate of the issues of the day. And we end up with Clinton, Dubbya, Obama and Trump and the constant wonderment of "How did this happen, again?"

This_person

Well, isn't that what we all loath? We might love MSNBC and despise FOX or the opposite. And what does that get us? It gets THEM ratings. They share the market. It doesn't get us reason and honest debate of the issues of the day. And we end up with Clinton, Dubbya, Obama and Trump and the constant wonderment of "How did this happen, again?"

I was laughing, but being serious.

SamSpade

I am not all that convinced that Trump was a bad call. I like what he has done so far.

Since I didn't like Reagan that much at first - at this point in his administration I STILL thought he was a clownish buffoon who had no idea what he was doing.

In hindsight, I'm still willing to give Trump some time - pretty sure some of the stuff Reagan did would STILL not play well today.