Comedian Bill Nye gets schooled..

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There's always wiggle room. You could, for instance, run an experiment a dozen times by governments and major corporations and repeatedly find statistically relevant data, and be completely written off by the scientific community because your data goes against their preconceived notions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster

I know VERY little about this but wiki says there is controversy and disagreement. Care to elaborate? :popcorn:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't think so.

No, I've had and seen countless arguments where the non-scientific side responds with a "well I'm entitled to my opinion, so there..", which, of course, is absolutely false when it comes to engineering or science.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You make an assertion, conduct experiments to prove or disprove your hypothesis and publish your results. I can then, doubting you, take your research, your experiments and repeat them and find you're either full of it or you are correct. There is no wiggle room in it.

somethings are settled - water freezes @ 0 and boils @ 100 ....

cause of warming in the Oceans and co2 release or storage
- well some say Solar Activity - ie sun spots
- other blame man - ignoring where the majority of green house gases comes from [hint its not men and automobiles]

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, I've had and seen countless arguments where the non-scientific side responds with a "well I'm entitled to my opinion, so there..", which, of course, is absolutely false when it comes to engineering or science.

Ok, but that's a simple matter of, when challenged with that, to simple ask if we're discussing opinions or science.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They think that they are linked..one and the same.

I get that but we can't be complaining about people getting away with 1+1= 3 if we can't handle defeating even that.

That's why I focus on the 'greenhouse' gas scam. It's simple; greenhouses emit...

...O2

They consume CO2. And I'll keep repeating these simple FACTS until they stick.

:buddies:

This_person

18157600_1285489921572290_4575806345825940652_n.jpg