Common Decency..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Either mount it on a piece of 6" iron pipe that is mounted in, and filled with, concrete or if you want it to be mounted on wood, get an 8' 6x6, bury it 4' in the ground, on a 6" concrete pad, surrounded on all sides by 4" of concrete. Either one of these, when hit by a car, will stop the car.

Or even an entire state plow truck. The 6" concrete-filled iron pipe anyway. Don't ask me how I know that.

BOP

BOP,
Not new here, have lived in the 7th Circuit since 1974, moved to King George, Va 4 years ago. I stated to report it because that is also a precursor to a potential insurance claim, though deductibles would not be met. Also, the Postal Investigators do investigate and obtain convictions for just such offences. I have had personal experience with such. I am a PI and Bail Bondsman in MD and am very well aware of such goings on.

Scott
Maryland Bail Bonds, Private Investigators, Process Servers

In the old days: shotgun, rocksalt.

glhs837

Power with Control
Right, but thats a metal sign frame, simple enough to hook an electric fence sort of things, simple low amp jolt. Pumpkins are notorious for two things, which might be related.

1. An astonishing lack of metal parts (Sheer design oversight by god, I'm sure)
2. An equally astonishing lack of electrical conductivity (Potatoes got it all, I suspect:))

I had a couple of kids that took out my mailbox a few times, never was able to catch them. One day a woman is driving up the road and clobbers the already broken mailbox. Kid jumps out and says; "Don't replace it mom, it was already broken!!!"

I looked at the kid and asked how he knew that. His mom turned and looked at him and asked how he knew that. Uh.... Uh..... Uh......

The damaged mailboxes stopped after that family moved away.

Justme2

Broken car window

I knew of somebody with this trouble set up a fake mail box. (Didnot belong to a house) Just look like it should and was a $10 mailbox on top of that.(Looked easy to smash) Their problem was teens coming along on a Friday night hanging out the car window with a bat in rural area. Teens swing bat at box (Mail box filled with quikcrete) Bat bounces off box breaks teen thumb and rear door car window of mom's car. This was a summer time set up said you could hear the teens coming down the street smashing boxes with the bat. Smash, Smash, smash, Ding crash broken glass sound and aawwwwwwwwwww!!! :killingme

smilin

BOXER NATION
Kid took out our box one night (again). We saw him drive out and called the St. Marys Deputies. They had four units waiting when he came out of our street. Kid was so shocked that apparently he confessed on the spot.
He went to court and paid for a new post and box....
Haven't had any problems since.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yeah, they've busted mine up twice this year. Screwed the last one back together and keep a spare post and box in the garage. Wish I could catch them. :shrug:

Game camera mounted somewhere nearby should do the trick..

JLS

I thought of this one, because hubby does have one, but we're on a main road and figure it'd be going off every 5 minutes.. the last time this happened - the people across the street actually saw the truck - THE BURGUNDY TRUCK WITH CHROME WHEELS.. and the police were called and they went out "in search of a drunk driver" kinda thing but nothing ever happened with it..

Game camera mounted somewhere nearby should do the trick..

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I thought of this one, because hubby does have one, but we're on a main road and figure it'd be going off every 5 minutes.. the last time this happened - the people across the street actually saw the truck - THE BURGUNDY TRUCK WITH CHROME WHEELS.. and the police were called and they went out "in search of a drunk driver" kinda thing but nothing ever happened with it..

I've painted my truck since then. :evil:

glhs837

Power with Control

In that case, its all about aim. position the cam so only vehicles that come real close to the box trigger it.

robt

So the kids pull against my buddy Gary's mailbox post, gently, slooowly, ... pop the clutch, push it down, roar off laughing in the night.
3 times, more than aggravating.
So he drills a hole, fills it with concrete, and uses a comealong to sink an 8 foot steel railroad track.
Boxes in the vetrical steel rail with flimsy 1" x 4" pine boards, creating a great illusion.
Waits.
Saturday night, they hear laughing, engine revving, then a radiator hissing - surprised cussing... car abandoned.
Hondo (Texas) cops make the teenage perps pay by working hay, a nasty-ass job in the Texas heat.