Community Resource to Assist with Special Needs

I_LUV_KIDS

Hello everyone, I am taking an education class regarding students/children with special needs. An upcoming assignment requires me to find a community resource that would provide some services to someone with a special need, get information, and present it in class. I am running on empty with ideas, even though I'm sure there are plenty of good ones out there.

All ideas would be welcome!

Wrkn4livn

Hello everyone, I am taking an education class regarding students/children with special needs. An upcoming assignment requires me to find a community resource that would provide some services to someone with a special need, get information, and present it in class. I am running on empty with ideas, even though I'm sure there are plenty of good ones out there.

Springdell on Radio Station Road. They provide services to adults in the area. There are a couple of them but this one I have experience with. I'm sure they'd let you come over and have a look around, ask questions, etc. It's not private, paid with public funds, so I don't think they can restrict you, except for taking pictures and using names, that kind of stuff. If you want, you can PM me and I can give you more info.

Last edited:

wineo

loving life
Greenwell State Park in Hollywood has a horse riding program for special needs. They really have a great program, and they also have summer camps.

Also, The Center for Life Enrichment in Hollywood.

I_LUV_KIDS

O wow I never heard that Greenwell has a special needs riding program. That is pretty cool! Could you link me to more information?

I sent you a PM Wrkn4livn

bilbur

I believe that Green Holly Elementary school has a special needs section and I think they have opportunities for people to assist with the students.