Continuation from deleted suicide related thread..

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Kinda Off Topic but,

When my dad was diagnosed with Brain Cancer and no cure was available. He lost the privilege of driving, cutting his grass, just about all the freedom he had. Never ONCE did he complain. Never asked Why Me.. He was satisfied with what he did with his life. He knew he was going to die. He never talked or tried to take the easy way out.

These people who kill themselves could have switched with my dad so he could have lived. He wanted to live.

princess73

just one of those days...
A few years ago I was on 16 ambulance calls between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day where people had decided to end their life. It is very sad for their family members and also the people that respond on those calls every day. I know it started to get to me after so many in that short of a time period and it kind of makes this time of year depressing. But after seeing all of the people that were affected by thier loved one's actions I could never consider doing that to my family. I really feel sorry for some of those people. But not the ones that use other people to end their live for them. The ones that walk out in front of the bus are the truly selfish ones. Then they have just made some innocent person feel like S**T because they were involved.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Nanny Pam said:
Christy....this is a tough one.

If someone is terminally ill and in unbearable pain, and they kill themselves, I do not see that as selfish. I do not know what I'd do, if it were a family member or a close friend, because I have never known anyone who committed suicide.
I have heard of terminally ill folks asking family members to give them all the morphine. What the hell would you do? I mean....you love the person and you do not want them to be in that horrific pain. But then again, you just can't bring yourself to hand them the 20 morphine pills they want, either.
Who is more selfish in this situation?

Now I see that as unacceptable too.

Terminal Illness is NO reason for suicide.

A Four-week killing spree of all the ######## that ever pissed me off... Yes!

Suicide... No. !

M

missperky

sunflower said:
Kinda Off Topic but,

When my dad was diagnosed with Brain Cancer and no cure was available. He lost the privilege of driving, cutting his grass, just about all the freedom he had. Never ONCE did he complain. Never asked Why Me.. He was satisfied with what he did with his life. He knew he was going to die. He never talked or tried to take the easy way out.

These people who kill themselves could have switched with my dad so he could have lived. He wanted to live.

:yeahthat:

cege

Nanny Pam said:
Christy....this is a tough one.

If someone is terminally ill and in unbearable pain, and they kill themselves, I do not see that as selfish. I do not know what I'd do, if it were a family member or a close friend, because I have never known anyone who committed suicide.
I have heard of terminally ill folks asking family members to give them all the morphine. What the hell would you do? I mean....you love the person and you do not want them to be in that horrific pain. But then again, you just can't bring yourself to hand them the 20 morphine pills they want, either.
Who is more selfish in this situation?

I'm not Christy but after seeing my fil suffer from cancer I can totally understand somebody helping a sick family member or friend commit suicide. My fil really suffered and the whole time all I could think of was if that was my dog/cat suffering I could put him to sleep to end his suffering. I told my husband if I ever got that sick and there was truly no help in sight I wan to OD on my pain medication.

cege

BadGirl said:
I was all for a person having the right to take their own life if they felt the need to do so. Everyone has a choice to live their life - or not - as they want, right?

No.

My opinion changed when a close friend's father took a gun to his head. She's told me stories of the dreams she still has from cleaning up his brain and other body matter from his home office. She found him, tried to save him, and then watched him take his last breath; the aftermath of his death has been profound in so many ways.

Ironically, I've know of 5 other people to commit suicide, but this one instance - above - is the one situation that changed my mind.

I'd be heartbroken if one of my loved ones - family and friends alike - felt enough desperation that they considered suicide their only solution. I'd feel like I let them down in some way.

My brother-in-law was 22 when he killed himself. He didn't leave a note so of course everybody was sort of blaming themselves. We think it was because of his girlfriend wanting to end it with him but we really aren't sure. It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. This was about 15 years ago but I really miss him very much. I felt so sorry for the pain his parents and my husband and his other brothers went through and I'm sorry that my kids never got to know him. Its just really sad. Also if he could have seen how many people were at his viewing and funeral he would have realized how many people cared about him and maybe he would have talked to somebody.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
I sometimes wonder why someone would go to those lengths to commit suicide. Why not just take a bottle of pills and fall asleep? Why do something as heinous as you described?
I was at my doc's office (gyno) and apparently someone knew someone that attempted suicide. A statement was made that women tend to be softer in their approach to ending their life, whereas men will make a bloody mess as long as they know it'll be done and done right.