Contractor Recomendation

I need recommendations for a home improvement contractor.

Long story short, builder that built my house sucks.

Water that hits entry door, runs down door, gets under the threshold and has rotted the subfloor at both ends of the door. I do not feel I have the expertise, or time, to do this repair properly. I need a quote to have a contractor come in, remove the door and jamb, pull up the vinyl in the room and then cut out and replace any damaged wood and fix the water intrusion problem so this does not happen again. We have an open ceiling in basement so they can see what they are looking at repairing when they come to give an estimate.

We're in Mechanicsville if that matters.

manthaleigh

Hi Hunter...I can recommend my husband to you. He has been doing all types of Home Improvment on his own for about 7 years now. He just finished two house flips and a major renovation project. He always makes sure to give reasonable pricing, and takes the time to shop around for the cheapest yet high quality materials. If you are interested, feel free to email me. The best email to reach me is samantha.sowers@scipax.com.

Girlzmom

Contractor

Email me at Pool.momma at comcast.net I can give you the name n # of a local company that gives free estimates, no matter how big or small the job. Thanks

Hazel

Long story short, builder that built my house sucks.

Bummer, same thing happened to me. I'm currently using Daniel Stockton (Stockton Home Improvements). He's there when he says he will be, he has electricians, plumbers, HVAC, masonry, etc. contacts who show up to help in their specialized area, he is responsive and quick.

TigerTeacher

Why?

Why do people PM suggestions for contractors? Others might be just as interested in who you guys are suggesting.

Makes me think there's a reason for hiding the suggestions or the contractor may not be quality.

It's just...interesting.

bulldog

Why do people PM suggestions for contractors? Others might be just as interested in who you guys are suggesting.

Makes me think there's a reason for hiding the suggestions or the contractor may not be quality.

It's just...interesting.

I do it because I call the contractor first to see if he is currently taking on any additional work. If he is, I PM the contact info. If he's not, I don't want to put the number out there and him get a bunch of calls when he's not taking work.