country line dancing

elisa

i went to dew drop other night, im new to area, nice place on a frida y night, but it reminded me how much i want to learn to country line dance, as they played the one or 2 songs for the ladies who let it rip. where can i get lessons round here????????????where do they go learn the dance??? please tell....

fttrsbeerwench

They used to give lesson's up in Waldorf... but that's a bit of a drive for most people when they've been drinking..

If you were at Dew Drop...weren't they doing the Booty Call and the Cha Cha Slide?

unixpirate

Pitty Party
elisa said:
i went to dew drop other night, im new to area, nice place on a frida y night, but it reminded me how much i want to learn to country line dance, as they played the one or 2 songs for the ladies who let it rip. where can i get lessons round here????????????where do they go learn the dance??? please tell....

Grammer, punctuation, spelling and capalization is a great start. :bonk:

God I hope I got all that right. :popcorn: :lmao:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I can teach ya how to line dance :howdy: but I dont recommend Dew Drop, that place is a sh*t hole...come into the real world, come to Toots :yay:

I learned everything I know about line dancing from Otter. He is a wonderful teacher. You really should PM him...:yay:

Pandora

fttrsbeerwench said:
They used to give lesson's up in Waldorf... but that's a bit of a drive for most people when they've been drinking..

If you were at Dew Drop...weren't they doing the Booty Call and the Cha Cha Slide?

If you are talking about the place in the Pinefield Shopping Center, it is closed. There isn't much "country" left in Waldorf.

elisa

well, that is not good, i was hoping to learn the steps, maybe i will try toots though, never been there, but heard it was a lil "ruff" of the places out there, heard brass rail was too. maybe i heard wrong. ill have to try toots next weekend i go out, weekend after this one. unfortuantely have to work this one.....so tell me more about this place! whens best night to go?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
elisa said:
well, that is not good, i was hoping to learn the steps, maybe i will try toots though, never been there, but heard it was a lil "ruff" of the places out there, heard brass rail was too. maybe i heard wrong. ill have to try toots next weekend i go out, weekend after this one. unfortuantely have to work this one.....so tell me more about this place! whens best night to go?

TOOTS IS ROUGH...... :roflmao: you gotta be kidding me...you must of heard that from some fruit loop at Dew Drop... GOOD GRIEF... Im there all the time... its probably the most drama free place in this county...its in the top 3, I know that...

Ill tell ya what, when you wanna go to Toots, you let me know, Ill round up a bunch of people, and we'll go have a good time, and teach you some line dancing :yay:

Otter

Nothing to see here
elisa said:

Here's someone that can help.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
elisa said:

I give free mattress dancing lessons at my place 7 nights a week by appointment only. PM me for details :flowers:

fttrsbeerwench

Pandora said:
If you are talking about the place in the Pinefield Shopping Center, it is closed. There isn't much "country" left in Waldorf.

That's very true.. I hate going up there to the "city" :cheesy:

I'm still :lmao: about country line dancing at Dew Drop...Synchronized hootchie bouncing isn't exactly "country". That is, unless the only country exposure you've had is the "honkytonk badonkadong" video... :lmao:

I'm going to go play my electric slide album while watching CMT...:getdown:

elisa

well they werent like doing it all night, had a mix of things from country to rock to doing the butt, but yes actually to the badonkadonk, some of them did there feet kicking in a line, i was just saying it reminded me i wanted to learn some dancing and well country line is what i want to learn, sorry,

anyhow, ill def try out toots , thanks for the recommendation, much to ya!and maybe ill take you up on the offer on the dancing when i get there.yeehaw!

Last edited:

Cheetah

Try Nick's in Alexandria

I know it is a hike, but I think Nick's off of Pickett Street it is THE place to go in the Metro area. Worth the drive from SoMD if you have a designated driver on the weekend. They have dance instruction before the country band starts up. I'd call for details. There are a few older gentlemen that are willing to show you the ropes for a few songs. They'll just come up and ask you to dance sometimes.