Cranberry Sauce

surfer1

I have never made cranberry sauce before, always just opened a can and plopped it on a plate...how do you make?

I was thinking about doing that too. I did see that the recipe is easy and is on the back of the cranberry bag. I opted to buy cans today as I am making cranberry margaritas instead!! Great recipe using cranberry juice and canned whole berries cranberry sauce, tequilla, orange liquer, iceand dried cranberries and a lime wheel for garnish!! Good luck!!

greyhound

I was thinking about doing that too. I did see that the recipe is easy and is on the back of the cranberry bag. I opted to buy cans today as I am making cranberry margaritas instead!! Great recipe using cranberry juice and canned whole berries cranberry sauce, tequilla, orange liquer, iceand dried cranberries and a lime wheel for garnish!! Good luck!!

WOW...could you post the recipe?:drool:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
One bag of cranberries, cleaned and picked over for stems.

One cup of sugar.

One cup of water.

Simmer until the berries pop. Cool, then serve.

After doing that, I smash them through a strainer to get the skin weeded out. I'm making mine tomorrow night. I'm on a schedule here. Apple pies Tuesday night, layered spinach salad Wednesday night and all the stuff like devilled eggs, stuffed celery, etc. Thursday a.m. will be for cleaning and the turkey.

surfer1

WOW...could you post the recipe?:drool:

1 1/2 shots tequila
1 shot cranberry juice
1/4 cup whole cranberry sauce (recommended: Ocean Spray)
1/2 shot orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
10 ice cubes
Dried cranberries, for garnish
Lime wheel, for garnish

Combine all ingredients except garnish in blender. Blend on high until smooth and frosty. Serve in a margarita glass. Garnish with dried cranberries and a lime wheel.

greyhound

1 1/2 shots tequila
1 shot cranberry juice
1/4 cup whole cranberry sauce (recommended: Ocean Spray)
1/2 shot orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
10 ice cubes
Dried cranberries, for garnish
Lime wheel, for garnish

Combine all ingredients except garnish in blender. Blend on high until smooth and frosty. Serve in a margarita glass. Garnish with dried cranberries and a lime wheel.

Thanks!

Novus Collectus

I have never made cranberry sauce before, always just opened a can and plopped it on a plate...how do you make?

I play the the Beatles' "Strawberry Fileds Forever" and that works well. I keep thinking Paul is dead and buried by John for some reason though.

G

Gemmi

In the cranberry sauce?:otter:

I like the canned stuff. Not whole cranberries. Has to be jellied. :howdy:

:yeahthat: I love the jellied cranberry sauce. I even have it when I make roasted chicken. I can't imagine Thanksgiving without it.