Credit card # stolen

Especially for Wenchy - Read some of the previous posts. Please check your accounts - daily. Forget Amazon. Check the credit card you have registered with Amazon. Along with your bank accounts, usually associated with ones credit cards.

If hackers/unscrupulous peeps access kindle, they can, and will access every other financial account you have. Believe it.

Rip-offs happen increasingly, even with "secure" sites.

I use Kindle. And have a CC registered with them. Check that CC account daily...

Woe to those who let others watch over their bank accounts........

What I am going to do now is use a different card for every online thing I do. Only three realy. If one gets used I should know which one is the one getting hacked. Actually I really wonder about the Shell station out side of gate 1. That place seems to take very long time processing my card. Sometimes I even have to go let them do it at the register. I think I will be paying cash there from now on.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What I am going to do now is use a different card for every online thing I do. Only three realy. If one gets used I should know which one is the one getting hacked. Actually I really wonder about the Shell station out side of gate 1. That place seems to take very long time processing my card. Sometimes I even have to go let them do it at the register. I think I will be paying cash there from now on.

Stop all of your cards. Deal with the time on the phone with your CC companies, explain the situation you have, and cancel all cards.

Use cash for a week. If you have a bank.

If you have been compromised on one CC, there is a too good chance that you have been compromised on all your accounts, CC or bank, retirement, etc. And a good chance they have your SSN.

Be very careful.

This is not paranoia. Just reality.\

The internet and "openness" is just an entry point for bad people.....

Stop all of your cards. Deal with the time on the phone with your CC companies, explain the situation you have, and cancel all cards.

Use cash for a week. If you have a bank.

If you have been compromised on one CC, there is a too good chance that you have been compromised on all your accounts, CC or bank, retirement, etc. And a good chance they have your SSN.

Be very careful.

This is not paranoia. Just reality.\

The internet and "openness" is just an entry point for bad people.....

Thanks.
And banks? No thanks. Heh.

One thing I had been told, which seems to make sense, is to get a credit card with a very low limit, like $500, just for Internet purchases. A pre-paid card that you only add just enough to cover your purchases works too.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
One thing I had been told, which seems to make sense, is to get a credit card with a very low limit, like $500, just for Internet purchases. A pre-paid card that you only add just enough to cover your purchases works too.

My bank has a virtual credit card for online purchases. You activate it, make your purchase, and then can close it. I use that for all purchases online. If the number is stolen, it's from a closed account.

My bank has a virtual credit card for online purchases. You activate it, make your purchase, and then can close it. I use that for all purchases online. If the number is stolen, it's from a closed account.

I like that idea. What bank is that?

And what's your acct # so i can give you a reference? :evil:

Commune

Hey Desertrat... I don't know that it was your online purchases that started this whole thing. I too purchase things with my CPFCU card online from time to time but what seems weird to me is the fact that I also got a letter and phone call from fraud prevention about 2 purchases that were blocked on my card, for airline tickets in Saudi Arabia. I also accrued a fraudulent purchase for 65 dollars from a company called BroadVoice, a voice over ip company, which is also being disputed.

I guess I thought the same as you when this all happened on the 7th to 9th of this month. Now I see that another cpfcu member had the same exact thing happen? I'm wondering if someone at the bank or someone infiltrating the bank got a hold of some numbers... what's the chances that we both went to the very same website that scammed us?

Vince

I went down to ONE credit card. If that doesn't work, I'll get rid of that one too and go strictly debit. :shrug: