foodcritic

Worth reading the whole story!

Critics call Census pages 'involuntary colonoscopy'
Feds accused of hijacking forms for their 'unauthorized programs'
Posted: March 18, 2010
5:30 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

While the forms for the 2010 Census are sitting on shelves in living rooms and kitchens across the continent, a small but growing campaign to oppose the "intrusive" questionnaire is developing.

A statement released today by a leader of the Constitution Party of Oregon recommends that people respond only to the "enumeration" part of the Census and suggested the rest of it is the equivalent of an unpleasant medical procedure.

"The Census has become some sort of involuntary colonoscopy," said the statement from Bob Ekstrom, the Columbia County chairman for the party. "With the 2010 A.D. Census, the federal government has overstepped its authority. Citizens are balking at demands that they divulge all kinds of private information."

Bloggers are raising hoots and howls of opposition to the questions posed to Americans on the Census, especially the expanded community survey long form. Among the issues probed are marital status and history, fertility, ancestry, birth place, language, education, disabilities, income, location of job and time of commute, vehicles, insurance, number of bedrooms, telephone and heating details, mortgage payments and amounts and other financial data.

That's in addition to name, birth dates and other personal details.

Critics call Census pages 'involuntary colonoscopy'

ImnoMensa

Worth reading the whole story!

I guess they could have just called it sodomy, we are getting sodomised every day with Government Health Care, Cap and Trade, Amnesty for Immigrants, the take over of Education, the cost of keeping Air Force one in the air 24/7, and now the Census.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
What is amazing is we shouldn't get upset with the Census - we should get upset with our Politician's! How many of you know that any question outside a "count" is included in the Census BECAUSE our Congress/House vote to include it? Bet 99% of our citizen's didn't know that! Now, all those citizen's that don't return their questionnaires on time - guess who pay's the Census Taker's to come out to your house and ask for the form? You got it - WE all pay for it. So, next time your citizen say's they aren't returning the questionnaire and at the same time criticize's how much our government is spending - remind them that they are paying to have a human come out to their house BECAUSE they didn't return their questionnaire...

foodcritic

What is amazing is we shouldn't get upset with the Census - we should get upset with our Politician's! How many of you know that any question outside a "count" is included in the Census BECAUSE our Congress/House vote to include it? Bet 99% of our citizen's didn't know that! Now, all those citizen's that don't return their questionnaires on time - guess who pay's the Census Taker's to come out to your house and ask for the form? You got it - WE all pay for it. So, next time your citizen say's they aren't returning the questionnaire and at the same time criticize's how much our government is spending - remind them that they are paying to have a human come out to their house BECAUSE they didn't return their questionnaire...

The Census is not the issue. It's the supplement that asks questions that are irrelevant to "enumeration".

bcp

In My Opinion
The Census is not the issue. It's the supplement that asks questions that are irrelevant to "enumeration".
exactly.
I filled out the form for how many people in the house.
I left off my phone number, they dont need it. the rest of the questions are none of their business to start with.
Dont get upset with the people that dont comply, get upset with the government for wasting your money chasing down those people that refuse to give information that is not required by the Constitution.

Now, did anyone read the article? did this part cause any concern?

Department of Homeland Security released an "extremism" report that warned local law enforcement officers nationwide to watch out for "potential terrorists" including those who:

• Oppose abortion
  • Oppose same-sex marriage
  • Oppose restrictions on firearms
  • Oppose lax immigration
  • Oppose the policies of President Obama regarding immigration, citizenship, and the expansion of social programs
  • Oppose continuation of free trade agreements
  • Are suspect of foreign regimes
  • Fear Communist regimes
  • Oppose a "one world" government
  • Bemoan the decline of U.S. stature in the world
  • Are upset with loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs to China and India, and more

Before I go totally off on this I think I will check to see if it is accurate.

Baz

This. ------------------>

Quote:
Department of Homeland Security released an "extremism" report that warned local law enforcement officers nationwide to watch out for "potential terrorists" including those who:

Oppose abortion
Oppose same-sex marriage
Oppose restrictions on firearms
Oppose lax immigration
Oppose the policies of President Obama regarding immigration, citizenship, and the expansion of social programs
Oppose continuation of free trade agreements
Are suspect of foreign regimes
Fear Communist regimes
Oppose a "one world" government
Bemoan the decline of U.S. stature in the world
Are upset with loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs to China and India, and more

Before I go totally off on this I think I will check to see if it is accurate..

You actually have to check to see if THAT is accurate?

*EDIT*: I realize they released a report concerning the rise of right-wing extremist groups in the US and what causes anti-government groups may rally around, but this list seems to be excerpted from context in order to make it seem like the government considers anyone who personally opposes abortion (for instance) to be a potential terrorist.

Attachments

• TinFoilHatArea.jpg
    TinFoilHatArea.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

ImnoMensa

exactly.
I filled out the form for how many people in the house.
I left off my phone number, they dont need it. the rest of the questions are none of their business to start with.
Dont get upset with the people that dont comply, get upset with the government for wasting your money chasing down those people that refuse to give information that is not required by the Constitution.

Before I go totally off on this I think I will check to see if it is accurate.

Good Gawd they must be outside my door now, I am a radical.

bcp

In My Opinion
So, go after your elected officials (and not the Census Bureau)!
Like I said, I got the standard form, I filled out everything truthfully except my phone number.
One of those census scum end up on my front door now and Im not too sure it wont get to a fighting point.
I have no respect for the government anymore.
I live in such a way as not to hurt anyone, or steal from anyone. I just want them to leave me the F alone.

willie

I must have missed a few pages. All I did was state how many caucasians lived at my address. It seemed like nothing compared to the last one I filled out.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Like I said, I got the standard form, I filled out everything truthfully except my phone number.
One of those census scum end up on my front door now and Im not too sure it wont get to a fighting point.
I have no respect for the government anymore.
I live in such a way as not to hurt anyone, or steal from anyone. I just want them to leave me the F alone

:yeahthat: