custom upholstery

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
I need someone who can create new seat cushions and backs for iron porch furniture. Nothing fancy, just nice. Any references are appreciated.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Talk to Huntr, I think he likes to restore furniture in his spare time, maybe he could help ya out!

I have a guy in Silver Spring that I use. He does awsome work, and is alot cheaper than anywhere else I have found. I believe he charged me $125 to make 2 cushions for my recliner (1 seat, 1 back), I supplied the fabric.

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
The tricky part is it's kind of retro furniture and a couple pieces have no old cushions to model them after. I don't want to have to haul the furniture all the way to Silver Spring if they need to see those pieces, you know, but if he's good and the only option then maybe I'll have to.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Tys - What about Mike in the family?? He does excellent work. Do you have his phone number?? I don't, and can't find it listed. If you have it at home you should PM it to Tipsy tonight.

If you decide you want his info, let me know. Also, I MAY be able to take it in for you since I drive in sometimes.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by PFgal
Tys - What about Mike in the family?? He does excellent work. Do you have his phone number?? I don't, and can't find it listed. If you have it at home you should PM it to Tipsy tonight.

He was my first thought, he did a great job on my mom's sofa and I've seen some of his other work. He lives in Mechanicsville, not sure where Tipsy is.

(but then I thought we weren't allowed to recommend family on here:rolleyes:)

Cabbage

Frank Adgate

Frank Adgate is located between Hughesville & Waldorf near the Zekiah Church.

He works out of his home and is an excellent upholstery person. Schoenberger (sp?) uses him for their restorations.

B

baswm

There is a place in St. LEonard that does good work and reasonable priced. B&B upholstry I believe.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by PFgal
Did you do this? If not, I'll call Dad today and get the #. Can't leave Tipsy hangin'. :smile:

Sorry I'm a :loser: I didn't have it at home and forgot to look at mom's this morning. Can you call please?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Sorry I'm a :loser: I didn't have it at home and forgot to look at mom's this morning. Can you call please?

Yes, you are a :loser:. No luck - Dad doesn't have it. :ohwell:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by kwillia
Well, let me just say... you two are a lot of help...
nospamsign.gif

At least we tried! :shutup:

:cool: