Cybertruck design conversations

glhs837

Power with Control
Did similar for a snowstorm in 2002 or 2003, can't remember, taking personel to St. Marys.

Was awesome having the roads almost to myself. :biggrin:

Took a while for my St Marys raised wife to understand that swinging the back end through corners when it snowy is a required skill drill, not reckless driving :)

"Why are you turning off the four wheel drive? "

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Took a while for my St Marys raised wife to understand that swinging the back end through corners when it snowy is a required skill drill, not reckless driving :)

"Why are you turning off the four wheel drive? "
Most fun I had like that was in 83, caught working nights in my 65 Mustang.

2am rolled around and I decided to stop at Berts Diner on 925 instead of driving all the way back to St. Marys. Did a whole lot of doughnuts and fishtailing all the way there. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
Most fun I had like that was in 83, caught working nights in my 65 Mustang.

2am rolled around and I decided to stop at Berts Diner on 925 instead of driving all the way back to St. Marys. Did a whole lot of doughnuts and fishtailing all the way there. :lol:
Sometime about 97 or 98, I took the clapped out 68 Cougar given to me by an officer I drilled with up to Brunswick Maine for my two week drill.

Coming back, got caught in a Nor Easter that started snowing about 4pm in southern Mass. By the time I got into New York it was blizzard conditions. Didya know those cool headlights covers leave nice recesses for snow to pack into? I was stopping every five miles to scrape them out.

Passed a lot of stuff stuck on the side.... Made it home about 10am the next morning....

PeoplesElbow

The biggest thing I take from this is there may be some charging stations with cords that don't reach based on how the parking lot is designed. Wouldn't that be a bitch.

glhs837

Power with Control
I can just see the headlines if someone loses a finger. I shut my aunts fingers in a car door about 30 years ago, she was just a little bruised.

I dont know anyone who has caught a finger in the top of a hood or trunk, however.

PeoplesElbow

I dont know anyone who has caught a finger in the top of a hood or trunk, however.

I forgot I had helped a friend jump his truck and his 12 year old was being a 12 year old and pulled the hood prop, the hood hit me on the head and I got my arm smashed in is engine bay a couple years ago.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I smooshed a thumb by accidentally slamming it in a beer cooler at a bar I worked at years ago. I came very close to passing out.

glhs837

Power with Control
I forgot I had helped a friend jump his truck and his 12 year old was being a 12 year old and pulled the hood prop, the hood hit me on the head and I got my arm smashed in is engine bay a couple years ago.

I get that. The point is that that that top edge of the hood, that's an odd place to rest your fingers. Can Tesla tweak the software to trigger it to reopen in case of an obstruction in this one small area where a finger is unlikely to be? Sure. But that will make the it hair trigger for the regular contact areas.

PeoplesElbow

I get that. The point is that that that top edge of the hood, that's an odd place to rest your fingers. Can Tesla tweak the software to trigger it to reopen in case of an obstruction in this one small area where a finger is unlikely to be? Sure. But that will make the it hair trigger for the regular contact areas.
I absolutely hate automatic hatches, sliding doors and trunks. They will eventually break and by that time they are often expensive to fix.

PeoplesElbow

Getting hit with that hood in the forehead and the bridge of the nose hurt, going to have to remind my buddy of that.

glhs837

Power with Control
I absolutely hate automatic hatches, sliding doors and trunks. They will eventually break and by that time they are often expensive to fix.
Wife's 2015 Cherokee has 177k, the back hatch works fine. The non-powered strut is leaky, I got that from RockAuto for I think $30. Priced out the powered one, that ones $130. Both take about 5 minutes to swap. But the powered one still works fine.

I was thinking they would get curb damage.

I've hated those since the reveal.

PeoplesElbow

Wife's 2015 Cherokee has 177k, the back hatch works fine. The non-powered strut is leaky, I got that from RockAuto for I think $30. Priced out the powered one, that ones $130. Both take about 5 minutes to swap. But the powered one still works fine.

I've hated those since the reveal.
We got two new minivans at work and the automatic sliding side door is broken on one of them, less than 200 miles, waiting on the other to break. Chrysler garbage.