D.B. McMillans

eddy1

Ate there and it was very good. I really don't think the people bashing the place have even tried it.

I had friends who ate there, they liked it. They had entertainment and they said it was good. I haven't been there, but will likely go soon.

I

Irish_Eyes

My roomie and her fiance went there, and they loved it. She's from Ireland originaly, so it was nice to know that if they managed to completely fail, she'd know it. We're planning on going there soon, us three and a few friends. I'm excited to try it out. It's been a while since I've had Bangers and Mash. :)

flyingdog

We went last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. The decorating was well done, nice atmosphere with a decent crowd, good Irish music, and good food for a great value. We had the Shepherd's Pie :drool: and side salad, also the fried brie. Oh, and not to forget the Black and Tan's!! :otter:

Gigi22

hubby and I went there Friday night.. I did not care for it at all. I got a ribeye and it had no taste at all.. the cabbage was cold and the potatoes were half hot and half cold. Hubby got fish and chips and it was ok.. I guess it is all in what you like.. I don't think we will be going back anytime soon. I know it is an Irish Pub and they do things different I wish them luck and hope they get their waiting staff a little more together..

dan0623_2000

Just had lunch there and the food was decent. They definitely need some TV's in there, but overall it was nicely setup.

That's a good sign if they don't have TV's. The TV's I have seen around here don't dress very well. lol Sorry Mighty Mouse, I just couldn't resist it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Went for lunch today and it was really good. Had the bangers and mash and my friend had the veggie boxty. The boxty was much better than it sounds on the menu - a potato patty stuffed with the filling of your choice. Sounded weird but was actually pretty tasty. The bangers were HUGE (two of them!) with this enormous blob of excellent mashers and a side of cabbage. It's easily two meals for the $10 they charge for it.

The people next to us had the Shepherd's pie and Castle stew and both smelled like heaven. They said it was yummy.

Our server was fine - pleasant and attentive. The service was prompt and it didn't take long for our food to come out. This is a dramatic improvement over Petruzzi's, which had great pizza and the rest was...blah.

The interior is gorgeous. All dark wood and pubby looking - very upscale and fitting with the Irish theme. This would be a great Happy Hour place :yay:

grandmaR

In the 'old days' - i.e. up to a couple of years ago - we had two PERKINS restaurants in the county - one north of Leonardtown and one in the Wildewood shopping center. They had good cheap sometimes stogey and ordinary food, and they had a bakery with a lot of different kinds of muffins, cakes, pies etc. Incidentally you can still find Perkins restaurants in other areas of the country.

Perkins closed and both restaurants became ALICE'S. In Wildewood, the former Perkins/Alice's became the INDIGO GRILL. Then the Indigo Grill closed and it became Petruzzi's. We went there when it first opened. This past Friday night (July 31, 2009), we went over to Cheeseburger's in Paradise, but they said it would be 20 minutes and I hate waiting, so we swung across the parking lot to this place which I think had recently opened. I didn't have my camera out when we went in and it was raining when we left, so I didn't get a picture of it from the outside, but it looks more or less the same as the other four previous restaurants - just with a different sign.

They gave us paper menus at first because apparently the servers weren't bringing the regular menus back to the front desk. We were seated right away.

I was a little unhappy about the fact that there was a guitar player singing as it made things a bit too noisy for comfortable conversation. The songs were nice Irish songs, and the guitarist had a nice voice, but with the hard floors and the amount of conversation that there was, it was noisy.

The chairs were comfortable, but they stuck out into the space behind them which made getting around in the room difficult. Our table was next to a post/column and people kept walking through the very narrow area between us and the next table because that was the most accessible way to get to the rest of the dining room.

Service was quite good, although they use the system of one person to take the order and another person to bring out the food which leads to the server people wandering around asking people if this is their order, so sometimes one person's order would arrive and not the other person's order. Drinks were refilled or people were asked if they wanted additional in a timely manner.

Prices were reasonable. Bob had fish and chips for $9.99 (which was too much for him to eat - I ate one of his fish pieces and it was very tasty). The soup of the day (a cup for $2.99) was beef vegetable and I don't care for vegetable soups so I had a cup of seafood chowder ($4.99) which was kind of like cream of crab except with various other kinds of seafood in it. Big chunks of fish were included and it came with two thin slices of brown bread. We also got four hot rolls.

I was vacillating between Shepard's Pie, Corned Beef and Cabbage and a Boxty which I had never heard of so I had a Chicken and Cheese Boxty (which is a potato cake) for $9.99. It came with greens and a dollop of sour cream.

There were no desserts on the menu, but our waitress gave us the choice of a cake, cheesecake or home-made bread pudding, so I had the bread pudding ($4.99). It arrived very hot so that the whipped cream (or Miracle Whip) was sliding off the top. It was very nice, and was kind of nutty, but there was so much I couldn't eat it all.

I think if we go back, we will chose a less popular night.

Photos of Wildewood - Images of Wildewood, United States of America - VirtualTourist.com

Beta84

They're out to get us
We had a big group...apparently the hostesses didn't really know how to handle big groups because the 5-10 minute projection turned into some 45 minutes of waiting. But that wasn't horrible since the bar area was good and we had drinks and some great tasting appetizers while we waited.

The waitresses were all great, a few of them treated our group really well, and overall we had a great time. The drinks that we ordered all tasted great and the prices seemed pretty fair compared to most places. My only complaint is that since I had a lot of time to kill, I had too much to drink before my main course came and it tasted pretty bland.

I'll have to try that place again, but hopefully eat my main course without as many drinks in me :lol: It seemed like a good atmosphere though and I didn't hear any complaints from the group all night other than the wait being much longer than they said.

@ grandmaR -- the bar area appeared to be very noisy with live music and whatnot, but the back rooms filtered out the noise pretty well and they weren't busy. I'd recommend you ask for one of those rooms in the future so you can avoid the heavy foot traffic and noise.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Went there last night, was back and forth about ham and cabbage or the chicken boxty, went the wrong way and got the ham and cabbage. It wasn't that it was bad, it just wasn't anything like Irish ham and cabbage. The meat was sliced much too thin (I thought it was lunch meat), and the potatoes didn't taste like they were cooked with the cabbage. On the plus side they were eager to give me something different to try. If I hadn't finished the what I had, I definitely would have taken them up on it. I'm sure I'll give them another shot, if not for the food, for the service, which was outstanding.

Mjones20659

It is OPEN and VERY VERY good! They have lots of Irish beverages, cider my favorite, and excellent dishes. The prices are not as expensive as I expected and the service is above average compared to a lot of other restaurants I have been to in SOMD. The owner is also extremely friendly and is open to any suggestion(s) you might have!

Also, I am not 100% sure, but I don't think it is owned by the same people as Petruzzi's and Lennys Seafood. The owner seemed new in the restaurant business and the food is MUCH better than anything I have had at Petruzzi's. Also, the atmosphere is quite nice. I am looking forward to hearing some live Irish music one of these days.
check these links and you will see that it is the same owners as Petruzzi's

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Ch...er&ID=T00296706&Name=D.B. MCMILLAN'S&source=1

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Ch...52228&Name=PETRUZZI'S ITALIAN BISTRO&source=1

M

mickinmd

I think they are great. I have probably eaten each item menu, or close to all of them. I go there all the time and am really enjoying the place. I hope it does well.

grandmaR

We had a big group...apparently the hostesses didn't really know how to handle big groups because the 5-10 minute projection turned into some 45 minutes of waiting. But that wasn't horrible since the bar area was good and we had drinks and some great tasting appetizers while we waited....

@ grandmaR -- the bar area appeared to be very noisy with live music and whatnot, but the back rooms filtered out the noise pretty well and they weren't busy. I'd recommend you ask for one of those rooms in the future so you can avoid the heavy foot traffic and noise.

We were in one of the back rooms!!!

I think their main problem right now is lack of coordination among the people working there.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We were in one of the back rooms!!!

I think their main problem right now is lack of coordination among the people working there.

Wonder if you were there when we were... I wish I had seen you taking pics that it funny...

And if it was loud you may have been there with us because we were loud. Food was good... service good... they made me a really good drink.. I was happy!! And watching KY with her birthday drink was the best :killingme