Damion Hall is a BIG DICK for stiffing his customers at D's

marylander10

?

First of all since you first posted about this a week or two ago am I correct in guessing that you copied and pasted that original post? I only ask because you refer to going the previous day in both posts. I only happened the other day to see a sign on their outside letter board the other day stating they were closing on 2/28/14. I do not travel that way often so it caught my eye because I specifically looked for it. Yes, he was wrong for what he did and I also pawned something there for a loan last year to make a bill payable and not under did he lowball my item which was a 3K certified ring with all documents for like a 150.00 to 200.00 bucks he also charged me something like a 60.00 fee if I remember correctly for the one month. Needless to say I got it out before thirty days as I had sold it online for 2500.00.

Just a couple of points for you, I read that it was mentioned that the building is owned by Dyson's if so maybe they changed the locks because he did not pay the rent and kept the merchandise as collateral. It would not hurt to stop by or call Dyson's and make a simple inquiry. They may be able to provide you more information than we can here. Please so not yell at the people at Dyson's as number one they are my family and two they cannot be held responsible for your items. Always remember you catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar. Best of luck to you and IMO no matter if he had signs from one end of the county to the other, you still should have been informed by him at the time you renewed the loan. At the very least he should have told you and then informed you he was moving his business to his home, another building, a van, or heck even a buggy. Good luck in getting your items back. I can all to well understand that when times are tough it is a painful thing to have to pawn precious items to pay bills or buy groceries. If we did not want the item anymore than we would have just sold it.

I certainly hope they have the pawn slips and he may very well end up in court. I am no lawyer though, but I believe this person wants their item{s} back. They are surely way more valuable than the loan they received. This also brings up a very interesting question. Can the O/P sue for the complete value or purchase price, plus depreciation or appreciation with original proof or purchase? Or can they only sue for what they borrowed and any fees paid?

This really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you need money for bills and have items of significant value then you can pawn them on a loan and you will receive an agreed upon an amount and incur a fee if you do not come and get your item or extend your loan. If you don't do either of those options, you will no longer own those items as they will belong to the pawn shop. The other option is that you need quick cash and have a item you can't or don't want to sell yourself or you need drug money or you stole it to hawk for drug money then you just take what they will give you. Hey you didn't pay for it to begin with so who cares it's free money. This is why you will see so many TV's, game consoles, dvd player and stereos in pawn shops. People rarely record the identifying numbers off these items so it makes it much more difficult to track. Also with gold, in most cases you are getting cash for the gold and the karat of gold that it is. They put it in a bag and ship it off or sell or auction it and it gets made into something else.

Wrong on this one, Sorry to tell you that may have been the way it should or used to work but not in this area. As I previously mentioned you can take a 3k item in only get 200.00 in return and owe 60.00 for every 30 days it's there and in many cases they will give a few days if you haven't paid but believe me it will cost you a much larger late fee to get your item back or they can just keep it. That is what the bottom of the receipt you sign will tell you.

Ok, back to the O/P I suggest you contact Dyson's first. They may very well be able to provide you with more info. If not ask for a contact number for Mr. Hall and call and be very polite, tell him you realized he is in the process of changing locations, however, you have the funds and would really like to meet up with him and get them back. It also may not hurt to ask for a fee reduction due to the confusion. If this does not work then send him a letter certified mail with a return receipt requesting your items within 30 days or you will be filing a case with the courts. If thirty days pass then file in small claims, make sure you go to court and if he does not show then they will enter a judgment of default. This could go one of four ways, he could cough up your stuff, pay the judgment amount, provide proof he's filed bankruptcy in which case you are screwed or have a judgment placed against him which will ultimately require for you to chase down where he's working at any given time in order to implement a garnishment.

Are you talking to me?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Anyone know the owner of D's Outdoor Pawn?
My wife and I had to pawn some things back in January due to winter time hour cuts at my work and we paid the interest fee to extend the our loan and we went by there today to get our stuff out of pawn and there was only a small sign saying closed down as of Feb. 28th with no prior warning as we just extended the month on Feb. 25th, 3 days before he closed down! If he knew he was going to be closing down, he should have said something and we would have gotten our stuff out before he closed! So now he has our stuff and I can't get ahold of him! Anyone here have a phone number for him? We just want out stuff back.
You can PM me if need be.
Thanks In Advance,
Lee

Are you talking to me?

Yes, This is not Rocket Science. O/P means original poster, that would be you. I am trying to honestly give you some real advice to help you. I don't think it is registering though. When you see a post that is quoted, that you posted and then it shows up in a conversation box with a comment from someone else below. Then yes, that response is for you. If you go back and look you will see that I did a multi-quote meaning I answered questions or replied to more than one person. In this case I responded to four posters and then redirected in my last paragraph back to you.

marylander10

Oh. I haven't had any business relations with Mr. Hall myself. I just think he's a dick.

Do some research and contact the true OP and share your... um... thoughts...

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Oh. I haven't had any business relations with Mr. Hall myself. I just think he's a dick.

Then why would you start thread not refer to whomever the original poster is? Your posts indicate that you were the one that was wronged. It's great that you are trying to help whomever this happened to bet either A. Refer to them by their forum name B. Add this to the original thread or C. Direct your friend to this one. I gave very good solid advice IMO, but don't come back with some stupid I have no idea what your talking about chit, when you started the conversation.

Please indicate where you posted in this thread that this issue was not yours? Also calling someone a Big Dick in these parts is a compliment and not an insult. :shrug:

Hank

my war

You started this thread. So, you allege that a business owner is "stiffing" his clients by someone coming on here asking if they know where he is because he is now out of business? The guy posted signs announcing he was going out of business and it doesn't sound like he is trying to hide from anyone as someone indicated that he was reopening in the same location...Could have the biz owner been more pro-active in contacting any open "orders". Sure, but it doesn't necessarily mean he is stiffing them. Fine, call him a dick, but claiming he stiffs his clients is libel. I think you're the dick in this situation, especially since you have no dog in this fight, except some personal issue you have with him that you are all butt hurt over... :howdy:

Last edited:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I just called the business number that was listed for D's Outdoor Supplies, The number is 301-994-3005. There is a recorded message that states that the business has come under new ownership and will be open approximately April 5th and to check back as they are presently remodeling. Maybe there will be an offside chance that all items were left intact. Anyway to whomever this anyone else this happened to or if anyone else would like me to solve or research a problem for you please let me know.

Hank

my war
I just called the business number that was listed for D's Outdoor Supplies, The number is 301-994-3005. There is a recorded message that states that the business has come under new ownership and will be open approximately April 5th and to check back as they are presently remodeling. Maybe there will be an offside chance that all items were left intact. Anyway to whomever this anyone else this happened to or if anyone else would like me to solve or research a problem for you please let me know.

Wow! Imagine that! All it took was a phone call. Bunch of lazy douche canoes!

RCflyer

The business is still owned by Damian and from what I hear, he still pawns jewelry.

Last edited: