Dark Side?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anyone with real world experience? Thoughts?

I am eating up MC tires, getting about 4,000 miles out of a rear, Stones and Dunlops is all I have tried so far. I always run 40 psi as per tire and bike recommendations.

I have read that CR's are softer and will put more rubber on the road, even in twisites, than a MC tire which are harder in an effort to increase trad life in the center.

Anyone tried this? Know someone who has? Success? Horrible idea?

:popcorn:

turtlebanana

Larry,
Have been to the GL1800Riders website forum page. You can search there and find tons of post with pro and cons. They have a Darkside specific forum as well as a bunch of post on the General MC Message board.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry,
Have been to the GL1800Riders website forum page. You can search there and find tons of post with pro and cons. They have a Darkside specific forum as well as a bunch of post on the General MC Message board.

Yeah, been all over. Thanks! Looking for some info from people I know or kinda know on these here forums.

:buddies:

Asmodeus

....=o&o>
What are you doing to those poor tires???

I get 15k-17k out of a rear OEM Dunlop on my RKC and about 12k-14k on my Valkyrie Interstate...

The only time I've ever had mileage that low on a tire was when I was running Avon Venoms... My favorite tire of all time... They grip the road like no other... but replacing them 3x per year was going to get me killed by my wife... The softer the tire, the less they have lasted for me...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Anyone with real world experience? Thoughts?

I am eating up MC tires, getting about 4,000 miles out of a rear, Stones and Dunlops is all I have tried so far. I always run 40 psi as per tire and bike recommendations.

I have read that CR's are softer and will put more rubber on the road, even in twisites, than a MC tire which are harder in an effort to increase trad life in the center.

Anyone tried this? Know someone who has? Success? Horrible idea?

:popcorn:

Look for Dual Compound and I BELIEVE some companies are now selling three compound tires..

Harder rubber for the center track, and softer as you get out to the edges for better traction..

I run Michelin Pilot Road 2s and get about 11,000 miles on a set.

4,000 was what I was getting on Dunlappedya tires..

That and 40 PSI sounds HIGH..

Pilot Road 3:

Best wet grip of any comparable sport touring tire*
Longest mileage of any comparable sport touring tire*
Rider confidence in challenging conditions
11 sizes covering 94% of all sport touring radial fitments
The only dual-compound tire in the sport touring segment
Innovative front and rear tread designs
An extension of the Pilot® Road line, not a replacement

Last edited: