Day Trip Boating Menu Ideas

Shericita

Is it all make believe?
Chartering a boat for a party of 12 on Thursday. Last year I brought Popeye's chicken & Nick's subs but I want something different, better this year. We are not able to cook or reheat anything in the boat so food that is best eaten cold and room temperature is the best option....but what? Need ideas for 11 hungry men who will be fishing all day.

What are your thoughts on pulled pork sandwiches, slaw and beans? I'd eat it cold...but is it a good idea?

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Chartering a boat for a party of 12 on Thursday. Last year I brought Popeye's chicken & Nick's subs but I want something different, better this year. We are not able to cook or reheat anything in the boat so food that is best eaten cold and room temperature is the best option....but what? Need ideas for 11 hungry men who will be fishing all day.

What are your thoughts on pulled pork sandwiches, slaw and beans? I'd eat it cold...but is it a good idea?

Get a party platter of subs from subway.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Sandwiches/subs, pepperoni & cheese slices, pre-sliced fruit, chips and dip (ranch, guacamole, etc.), pasta salad.

FED_UP

Beer and more beer and a few strippers should do it. Ham and rolls, chips and dip.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Sushi, food and bait all in one deal. :buddies:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

what ever would do the best if someone CHUMS.... :yay:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Make a BIG tub of chicken salad. Bring rolls, Ritz, saltines, chips etc. Keep it cool though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had the most marvelous soba noodle salad with julienne veggies, topped with chilled lump crab and grilled shrimp, at Lighthouse the other night. That would be my boat picnic choice.

How To:

Boil buckwheat or whole wheat thick spaghetti noodles.
Julienne veggies of your choice: peppers, cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, whatever.
Toss lightly (note the italics, because you don't want to drown it) with Italian dressing, or an Asian ginger dressing, or even just olive oil and lemon juice.
Portion into individual plastic storage containers, then top with chilled crab and chilled grilled shrimp.
Garnish with chopped peanuts and a wedge of lemon.

In fact, I want that right now....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Make a BIG tub of chicken salad. Bring rolls, Ritz, saltines, chips etc. Keep it cool though.

This would be my second choice, but I'd make a hearty rustic bread to go with it. BadGirl makes the best chicken salad I've ever had.

rolltide

easy menu

We recently picnicked on mini muffalettas, broccoli salad, and strawberry hand pies (all recipes available online).

ginwoman

hungry men fishing don't want chicken salad. The pork sandwiches and cole slaw and chips sound good. Not all men like things with a lot of stuff it in like chicken salad and some of the other things that were mentioned. Give them fried chicken and they will be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

TPD

the poor dad
hungry men fishing don't want chicken salad. The pork sandwiches and cole slaw and chips sound good. Not all men like things with a lot of stuff it in like chicken salad and some of the other things that were mentioned. Give them fried chicken and they will be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

:yeahthat: They are men for God's sake! Fried chicken is a requirement when fishing. We don't care if that is what we ate last year, as long as it was:drool:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Whatever you do, do NOT take a banana on the boat. Not a single banana, a bunch of bananas, or banana muffins or banana bread. No banana products AT ALL. :nono:

Whatever you do, do NOT take a banana on the boat. Not a single banana, a bunch of bananas, or banana muffins or banana bread. No banana products AT ALL. :nono:

:lol: Has to be a good story behind that.

I won't take split pea soup or greasy pepperoni pizza out on the boat.