Dear folks who wish you owned your own home

MMDad

Lem Putt
One effect is the devaluation of the dollar. Helicopter Ben, in an attempt to bail out Wall Street, has the printing presses running overtime.

:rolleyes: Everything is caused by the "mortgage crisis." Next you're going to tell it's causing Global Warming.

I heard that Bobby Cutts killed his girlfriend because he had a balloon payment coming up.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
No Catt, I'm still not a republican :roflmao: Although I love Sharon's siggy. :lol:

I was beginning to wonder, too, after reading your post. :lmao:

I agree, I have absolutely NO sympathy for those freakn' idiots that bought a house knowing full well they can't afford it and I get even further enraged at the idea of them expecting a bailout for their interminable stupidity. I didn't run out and buy a house I couldn't afford, why should I now have to pay for their mistakes with my tax dollars? I didn't even get the benefit of living in my own home or any of the perks - not every one was stupid. UFB!!! :cussing: Or maybe I was just as stupid for NOT having done the same and hope for a bailout. I still havn't decided but I did what was right and to me that's NOT buying something you CAN'T afford then expect others to bail you out. :cussing: So I'm thinking I did the right thing but if they get the bailout, I will be very pizzed. :cussing:

I have about the same amount of sympathy for those that pop out kids left and right that can't afford them and then expect the government (my tax dollars) to bail them out for their stupidity. :cussing:

I'm done now. :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have about the same amount of sympathy for those that pop out kids left and right that can't afford them and then expect the government (my tax dollars) to bail them out for their stupidity. :cussing:

I'm done now. :lol:
:faint:

Shuddup Mike, Shuddup!! :lmao:

somdrenter

Sorry, I'm not Patch...
:rolleyes: Everything is caused by the "mortgage crisis." Next you're going to tell it's causing Global Warming.

I heard that Bobby Cutts killed his girlfriend because he had a balloon payment coming up.
You gotta be kidding? Come on Dad, it wasn’t but a few months ago that the fed was slashing rates, sometimes twice in a two week period, it was all over the news. The fed was/is slashing rates because of the housing/credit/mortgage debacle. Each time they slash rates, what happens to the value of the dollar? ECON 101 dude.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Exactly, but how then is this media generated? Did the media hold them at gunpoint?

They're the ones making the big stink out of it ... showcasing the stupid saps who did this to themselves, which generates buzz and worry among idiots who don't know better than to see the forest for what it is. :shrug:

Oh, and it doesn't help when people keep dogging out how crappy an idea home ownership is. :whistle:

somdrenter

Sorry, I'm not Patch...
They're the ones making the big stink out of it ... showcasing the stupid saps who did this to themselves, which generates buzz and worry among idiots who don't know better than to see the forest for what it is. :shrug:

Oh, and it doesn't help when people keep dogging out how crappy an idea home ownership is. :whistle:
Yea, billions and billions and billions of lender losses, hundreds of lenders closing shop, government bail outs and rising foreclosure rates.

Nothing to see here folks, move along….
:lalala:

Pete

Repete
Yea, billions and billions and billions of lender losses, hundreds of lenders closing shop, government bail outs and rising foreclosure rates.

Nothing to see here folks, move along….
:lalala:

When you figure the average house probably tips the quarter million mark billions if not a huge reach. Lets look at the billions and billions they make. Over the course of a 30 year fixed you pay back 2.5 times what you borrowed. Figuring that 2% or less are defaulted that mean 98% are pouring cash into those companies every month.

Sure it is going to hurt a little but they will recover and hopefully tighten up their lending habits.

D

dems4me

I was beginning to wonder, too, after reading your post. :lmao:

I bet if she really looked at all the issues, she'd find out she's NOT a democrat. :lol:

:faint:

Shuddup Mike, Shuddup!! :lmao:

Would you believe I was just pimping for green:shrug: :biggrin:

:roflmao: Really, y'all have NO IDEA how long I've been trying to bite my tongue on the whole home loan bailout crap on this forum :lol: especially as I was one of those that was tempted but knew better. That's just pure nonsense whether its republicans, democrats, girl scouts or the Pope suggesting it - its just wrong. Also still pizzed about the cigg tax special sessions crap and the nonsmoking in ALL restaurants. Don't even get me started on that crap :cussing: :lol:

D

dems4me

:yeahthat: 100%

I will take it one step further though, I think they should give a bail out to all of the folks that did the RIGHT thing and didn't add to this problem :biggrin: Its almost as if they are getting a "get out of jail free" card for doing something incredibly irresponsible and stupid meanwhile our tax payers are paying for this "get out of jail free" card. Its just wrong. :mad:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
:yeahthat: 100%

I will take it one step further though, I think they should give a bail out to all of the folks that did the RIGHT thing and didn't add to this problem :biggrin: Its almost as if they are getting a "get out of jail free" card for doing something incredibly irresponsible and stupid meanwhile our tax payers are paying for this "get out of jail free" card. Its just wrong. :mad:

Your get out of bail/jail for doing the right thing is the market. Prices are getting back to normal with only those worth of loans (good credit, some down payment money, etc), interest rates becoming resonable.

There will alway be renters and owners. Just finished a great book about Rome during the ceasars and renting and owning was an issue back then so welcome back to the future.

Dems4me to Rep4me :confused: I like that

D

dems4me

Dems4me to Rep4me :confused: I like that

Ain't happening, short of me loosing a bet.:lol: It was bad enough when I lost the election bet with Jazz a while back and had to have republican avs...:frown: :jameo: :lol: don't know that I'd wager my screen name too :lol:

D

dems4me

I guess I have until November to figure that out:huggy:

Ain't happening, I just do football, and the election that ONE time :lol: I learned my lesson. However... March Madness is coming up :whistle:...then I'll fully expect a government bail out for my gamble :yay:

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: