Dearest mom...

GreenHornet

My friends are flying right now to pick up their son's body in Texas and they are bringing him back to MD to bury him. He died today (a tragic accident)...I couldn't imagine getting a phone call like that.

Greenhornet. Tomorrow might be too late to make amends, or to even tell him that he needs to grow some balls, but you still love him.

(serious response here)

I appreciate your concern and I understand what you're saying. My relationship with both my parents has always been on shaky ground. For years I put up with alot of crap just to maintain a relationship, and for years I got more and more depressed in the process. Letting go has been difficult but given the circumstances it's best for everyone involved, and is something I needed to do get past all the anger and hurt. Love is there and will always be there, but sometimes it takes more than love to bring people together in harmony. For now things will remain as they are until they make a concerted effort to have a relationship with myself and my family.

Thanks you for your kind words.

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
Momma, It will be a year Dec 8th, since God wrapped you in his loving arms and took all your pain and hurt away. I miss you every day, but I know you are in a much better place, with no wheelchair to hold you back. :huggy::flowers:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
I have a surprise for you. I'm not picking up and moving to Colorado as originally planned. I will remain in Maryland until 2009, possibly longer depending on what the Navy decides to do with us. This will give you a chance to see your grandson grow up a little more, and cherish your time with him. Also, your next grandbaby. We're gonna have another one as soon as we can. Just thought I'd share the good news with you, and ask for prayers from those on this forum who believe in prayer that God's hand will be in this incredibly difficult decision.

I love you mom!

Well GoD Bless you and your family.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
(serious response here)

I appreciate your concern and I understand what you're saying. My relationship with both my parents has always been on shaky ground. For years I put up with alot of crap just to maintain a relationship, and for years I got more and more depressed in the process. Letting go has been difficult but given the circumstances it's best for everyone involved, and is something I needed to do get past all the anger and hurt. Love is there and will always be there, but sometimes it takes more than love to bring people together in harmony. For now things will remain as they are until they make a concerted effort to have a relationship with myself and my family.

That is sad to hear, it really is. if you ever want to talk feel free to PM me.
Some things are better left out of the forums.:huggy:

Pete

Repete
(serious response here)

Are they Amish?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Isn't it a little weird that people are writing notes to dead people?

It's not like they can read it.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

Just a way to express ourselves. Same as people who go out to gravesites and talk. My folks are burried in Virginia so that's a little bit far to go sometimes. This is good therapy for me. I don't know about others.

Pete

Repete
Just a way to express ourselves. Same as people who go out to gravesites and talk. My folks are burried in Virginia so that's a little bit far to go sometimes. This is good therapy for me. I don't know about others.

I think it is creepy. Couldn't you make a shrine or something in your living room instead?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
That's cool for some people, I suppose.

My dad has been gone for 15 years now, and my mom just died in March. I have never felt a need to communicate with them through the internet. I prefer to "be" with them in my own private, internal way.

But that's just me.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

I think it makes them feel better. My mom is alive. I think she is sad because I didn't marry the really rich guy with two different colored eyes and I suck at tennis and bridge.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I think it makes them feel better. My mom is alive. I think she is sad because I didn't marry the really rich guy with two different colored eyes and I suck at tennis and bridge.
Maybe if you took some tennis lessons your mom would love you more. :huggy:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
That's cool for some people, I suppose.

My dad has been gone for 15 years now, and my mom just died in March. I have never felt a need to communicate with them through the internet. I prefer to "be" with them in my own private, internal way.

But that's just me.

I don't usually do it thru the internet either. My daughter started the Mom one to tell me about not moving to Colorado and it went on from there and then a Dad one started. I usually just write poetry or stories to express my feelings about things and not just about death either! Then I would be down all of the time!

:killingme .... and I'm sure DR is thrilled too.... :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Maybe if you took some tennis lessons your mom would love you more. :huggy:

I did take them. Sis and I made passes at our instructor.....I sucked at them and then they sent me to golf lessons at the "club." The cute guy let me drive the cart, but forgot all about telling me not to drive it on the "green putting" area. I flunked that also and knocked a tiny tree over. I was so not meant to be a high society gal.:lmao: Unfortunately, mom was.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Let me try.

ahem

Dear Grandma, I am sorry you got old and died. You made great cinnamon rolls.

Nah, not feeling it. :ohwell:

I make great cinnamon rolls. I'll put you on the list for Peteza. Please don't refer to me as grandma though and I will not put my spit on a napkin and wipe the gooey frosting off your face. yvw. :huggy:

Pete

Repete
I make great cinnamon rolls. I'll put you on the list for Peteza. Please don't refer to me as grandma though and I will not put my spit on a napkin and wipe the gooey frosting off your face. yvw. :huggy:

I make them now. My secret ingredient is mashed potatoes.

Crap I just revealed the secret.

Aw, gross... we were just talking about that 2 days ago...... my grandma did that, and i was so grossed out every time.