Death Customs...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have been to two funerals lately and knew where the deceased resided.

Is it a custom to leave the bedroom light on where they passed on?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have never heard of that. In my family we drink and eat and tell stories about the deceased.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have never heard of that. In my family we drink and eat and tell stories about the deceased.

:lol: Same here.

I'm talking about people I didn't live with. I do know that here in the County, it is customary to pull off the side of the road when a funeral procession goes by.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I do know that here in the County, it is customary to pull off the side of the road when a funeral procession goes by.
That is the respectful thing to do. In some states, I think you get a ticket and/or a fine for not pulling over when the funeral procession approaches.

opposingviews.com - Also addresses if you are not in the procession.

"What Is Proper Funeral Procession Etiquette?"
http://people.opposingviews.com/proper-funeral-procession-etiquette-1527.html

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Out of curiosity, do you know if they were of Russian or Jewish descent? Both light a candle for different reasons to honor the passing of a loved one. Which could easily be transferred into a bedroom light over the years and passage of time and loss of culture and morphing of traditions.

I do know the Chinese leave every light in the house on all night.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Out of curiosity, do you know if they were of Russian or Jewish descent? Both light a candle for different reasons to honor the passing of a loved one. Which could easily be transferred into a bedroom light over the years and passage of time and loss of culture and morphing of traditions.

I do know the Chinese leave every light in the house on all night.

migtig posted :faint:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Out of curiosity, do you know if they were of Russian or Jewish descent? Both light a candle for different reasons to honor the passing of a loved one. Which could easily be transferred into a bedroom light over the years and passage of time and loss of culture and morphing of traditions. I do know the Chinese leave every light in the house on all night.

No. Both of Christian faith. Thanks for posting.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
We left all the lights on after Grandpa died because my stupid big brother said he thought he heard him moaning in the attic.

:mad:

Last edited: