Deceptive billing at tidewater

Hannibal

This kind of thing always peaks my interest. I am generally distrusting of any business that funnels finances through a 3rd party (insurance, etc.) so my comments originate from that place of "distrust".

To this instance, while I understand that term "no cost consultation" was presented to you, I do have to ask how the flag didn't get tossed when they stated they were taking you back for X-rays? Perhaps you thought this service would be done for free but I can't imagine why that would be the case, or more importantly, why it wasn't worthy of a question to confirm ...... especially considering that the business promising the "no cost consultation" wasn't the business performing the consultation? In my head, it makes sense that the new business would need to apprise themselves of your issue before being able to offer any credible review and opinion. Granted, I realize you were told one thing but to me, something wouldn't have added up and I at least feel I would've asked the question.

That being said, Tidewater has made this right to the best of their ability - in sense covering a cost for a service to which they did not benefit from - simply to correct what was likely a simple misunderstanding or miscommunication with no real malicious intent. Sometimes - sh!t happens ... and all they can do is try to make it right (which it seems they have).

I am also becoming sympathetic to the people who deal with these insurance companies and having to be on point regarding coverage's, exclusions, programs, etc. when plans are constantly changing. It's hard keeping up with my own insurance changes when our plan is being tweaked a bit here and there each year. Again, I expect them to know their job and provide me information correctly, but realize sometimes things get screwed up. All you can do is ask them to either honor their statements or correct their errors.

To this instance, while I understand that term "no cost consultation" was presented to you, I do have to ask how the flag didn't get tossed when they stated they were taking you back for X-rays? Perhaps you thought this service would be done for free but I can't imagine why that would be the case, or more importantly, why it wasn't worthy of a question to confirm .

I didn't make the assumption that x-rays were free to the business if that's your meaning, but rather that they were part of the consultation and were considered the cost of doing business if the consultation didn't result in additional work being done (just like the assistant and doctor's time isn't free), and more than made up for by the people who do have the work done.

Same way an auto dealership can give you a $100 gift card for coming in for a test drive.

Hannibal

I didn't make the assumption that x-rays were free to the business if that's your meaning, but rather that they were part of the consultation and were considered the cost of doing business if the consultation didn't result in additional work being done (just like the assistant and doctor's time isn't free), and more than made up for by the people who do have the work done.

Same way an auto dealership can give you a $100 gift card for coming in for a test drive.

Understood and I meant/intended no offense with my comment. Simply knowing how people/business' operate, my "distrusting" self would've been inclined to ask and confirm. I can certainly understand your rationale.

inkah

Your comments make sense and it would be easier to apply the benefit if the doubt here until you see that these types of deceptions seem to be standard practice. I’ve had a similar experience that the office never resolved. So we arent going back. Even after 40 years and three generations.