Decision Time...

Wha tsay you?

• Fight, brother! Fight the power! We're with you!

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Shut up and fork over the semolians

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
V

Vixen

I would love to be a judge for a day. *ahem*

Anyway, good luck Larry.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
You didn't pay the ticket yet?! Larry, you should be ashamed of yourself. Pay the fine. You play, you pay.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
cattitude said:
Larry, I told you earlier. Go to court, tell the judge you are guilty. He will ask you about your driving record...tell him. You will probably get off with just the court costs.

Don't ask for PBJ...then it looks like you have a plan. Don't ask for community service. Just answer the questions honestly. This is not a difficult thing. Just walk in. When your name is called, go up and plead guilty. Act humble, admit you screwed up. It's that simple. You have a right to appear in court and be judged for your crime and that's what you're doing.
He will have your driving record in front of him. Last time I was in court for speeding, the judge and troopers were treating it like a game.
"How's your record?"
"Clean your honer."
"mmmm, that's not what it says here."
Then they'd enjoy the song and dance routines that came next. :lol:

As far as PBJ and community service go, that's something you need to arrange with the State's attorney prior to your court date.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
jazz lady said:
Hmm...I owed them X amount of dollars. Based on the outcome of going to court, I now owed them X amount of dollars times 2. I paid it. Looks like they stole money from ME. I ought to sue THEM. :bubble:
I was referencing Larry, the originator of this tread. :bubble:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
aps45819 said:
community service go, that's something you need to arrange with the State's attorney prior to your court date.

Not in Calvert.

We're talking about traffic court... do they even do PBJ for a speeding ticket? I don't think they do. Of course if you have a bazillion points and are in danger of losing your license or have been in an accident, etc. that makes everything different and then you have to go before MVA as well as the District Court.

Last edited:
V

Vixen

They do PBJ's for all traffic violations now, which is rather :confused: when you look at a driving record and see a PBJ. It use to be limited to DWI/DUI offenses.

PBJ can be arranged with the SAO's prior to court, but it can also be granted at court by the judge.

sockgirl77

This is my experience with court...

I got a ticket for speeding 7 years ago. I didn't even have to speak to the judge. A lady from the State's Attorney's office stands up and asks if anyone in the courtroom thinks that they are entitled to community service. They don't ask if you are guilty. They have a copy of your driving record there so they'll tell you if you are eligible. If you haven't had a ticket in years and if you haven't done community service for them in the past year, you will be eligible! According to a few of my friends that have recently been to court for traffic tickets, this is still the way it goes.
Good Luck :yay:

Agee

Nickel said:
Was it near Tappahannock by any chance? They live for pulling over out-of-state drivers. :lol:
I was only about five miles into Rt. 17 off of 301. What's ironic is the guy I was traveling with and I were discussing how bad the cops were on that stretch of road when I got popped.

I even asked him if he wanted to go the 95 or 17 route, guess which one he chose! :ohwell:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Railroad said:
You didn't pay the ticket yet?! Larry, you should be ashamed of yourself. Pay the fine. You play, you pay.
The fine's not the problem. It's the points. Points suck. :boo:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Hey Larry - don't you know any judges up there where you got the ticket?? Didn't you donate to the State's Attorney's campaign? :confused:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
K_Jo said:
The fine's not the problem. It's the points. Points suck. :boo:
Heh, the points go with the territory. Again I say: you play, you pay.

Best of luck today, Larry!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Peanut Butter Jelly Time...

Well...that wasn't so bad. Not quite the "Civic Avenger" I had envisioned but, all in all.

"William Gude?"

"Here! You pronounced it right! You're free to go!"

"I make the jokes in MY court room. How do you plead?"

"Guilty, your honor."

"How's the record?"

"Nine years ago in Virginia, 20 in Maryland."

"That'll be Probation Before Judgment (NO POINTS), $75 for the tickee tickee, $25 for me, get the #### out of my court room. NEXT!"

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Larry Gude said:
Well...that wasn't so bad. Not quite the "Civic Avenger" I had envisioned but, all in all.

"William Gude?"

"Here! You pronounced it right! You're free to go!"

"I make the jokes in MY court room. How do you plead?"

"Guilty, your honor."

"How's the record?"

"Nine years ago in Virginia, 20 in Maryland."

"That'll be Probation Before Judgment (NO POINTS), $75 for the tickee tickee, $25 for me, get the #### out of my court room. NEXT!"

I did community service for my speeding ticket. Cost me 25 bucks, 8 hours, no points and no report to the insurance company.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
I did community service for my speeding ticket. Cost me 25 bucks, 8 hours, no points and no report to the insurance company.
You have boobs.

V

Vixen

Larry Gude said:

:cheers: