Deck Builder Recommendations

Str8chillin

Looking for someone to install a vinyl deck with a possible screened in porch. I've called deckcetera, massey, and better than wood. Any recommendations or reviews? Thanks in advance!

bulldog

Finish Line Builders. Finishline Builders Take a look at the decks in the project portfolio tab.

We were looking to have some work done and contacted him. He lives in our hood so we went by his house and looked at his deck and it is awesome. Certainly worth getting him to give you an estimate.

Good Luck

Looking for someone to install a vinyl deck with a possible screened in porch. I've called deckcetera, massey, and better than wood. Any recommendations or reviews? Thanks in advance!

I would definitely recommend a company I recently used called "The Sharper Cut" - they are in the Waldorf area but serve SoMd. Could not be more pleased with their design, installation, and impeccable craftsmanship. They do great deckwork of course.

I posted a few years ago on the forums asking for a company that could do deck, patio, fireplace, pond -the whole gamut - and after a lengthy search I settled with The Sharper Cut.

The owner's name is Bill Banford and can be reached at Office: 301-782-2980 or Email: Bill@sharpercut.com - would be happy to email you some pics offline too.

(Can you tell I'm a really happy customer ;)

Happylife

Just had one done!

We had Southern Style Builders do our deck, avoided all of the big name companies since we'd rather help small companies in this economy.

Southern Style Builders is owned and operated by David Phifer, you will deal with him directly through the whole process. Our deck turned out so nice, we have them coming back to do more work. David really took the time to explain every little option to us, and even had some wonderful idea's we had never thought of.

They can be reached at 410-326-4755 and I believe they serve all of Southern Maryland.

quattroginger

i as well apprecite the info. looking for a deck next spring to be done. how much does the average deck cost? i know there is prolly a range, i have never had one so i have no idea what to even expect when they start talking $$$

yankee44

i as well apprecite the info. looking for a deck next spring to be done. how much does the average deck cost? i know there is prolly a range, i have never had one so i have no idea what to even expect when they start talking $$$

For a wood deck nailed down (no more than 3 foot of the ground) and wood railing about 22 to 25 dollars per square foot and 100 dollars a riser for 36" wide stairs.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
For a wood deck nailed down (no more than 3 foot of the ground) and wood railing about 22 to 25 dollars per square foot and 100 dollars a riser for 36" wide stairs.

That sounds too cheap.

I'll do it. I have attached a picture of my work. THIS could all be yours for 46 Easy installments of $49.95 :biggrin:

cheapdeck.jpg

But wait :jet: There's more... call now and I will include this free toilet brush.

1.jpg

This offer is not valid in stores.

Happylife

Material alone on my deck was $7000 that didn't include labor and no I didn't get ripped off purchased the material myself. Why would I spend $4000 on regular pressure treated boards that will warp and twist and need replacing within a year it so. I did it right the first time, fiberon decking, white vinyl trim board, white vinyl railings, post covers and solar lights. Looks amazing. However a wood deck is on average $25 - $30 per sf. Labor and material - Not including steps.

firedup1

[Hello my name is John Quillin. Our company name is Bowling Home Improvements and we have been in business for over 25 years in Southern Maryland. I would love the opportunity to give you a free estimate on your project. Please contact me at 301-752-6621. We have references upon request. Thank you very much your friend John Quillin.