Democrat Party Popularity Sinks To Quarter-Century Low

SamSpade

Trump's approval rating is historically low as well.

Does ANYONE poll well? Congress has been poorly received for at least a decade; President polls poorly; Dems AND GOP poll badly.
Frankly, I'm not impressed by any argument that goes "I don't suck as badly as HE does".

Democrats favorable 38%. Republicans 33%. Trump 38%. Congress 14%.

Seriously, if you're EVER below 40, you don't have anything in the "I don't suck as bad as he does" line.
It's like pigs deciding who stinks the least.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Trump's approval rating is historically low as well. But when that's brought up it's brushed to the side and the whole "we don't trust polls" statement tends to come out. Should we trust this poll solely because it's painting the "other party" in a bad light?

Funny thing about that, Trumps approval ratings are low but they're still smoking the congressional approval numbers.

Hijinx

You ASSume too much. You assume that I believe any of these polls.

I'm asking GURPS in particular because, you know, he created the thread. I'm asking why create this thread in order to point out poll numbers that indicate low approval ratings for the Democrat party only to ignore poll numbers that indicate low approval numbers for Trump?

But don't let that stop you from posting your bull####.

It never stopped you from posting yours. LMAO

Chris0nllyn

So you post polls you don't trust to make a point.
That certainly is an intelligent thing to do.

Not.

Since reading and following along is tough for you...

Should we trust this poll solely because it's painting the "other party" in a bad light?

but its CNN :shrug:

Again it is CNN - I'm shocked they actually posted the results considering how much water they carry for the Democrats
[unless it is part of a larger 'get Hillar theme]

This thread was created to point out how low the Dem Party popularity is based on a poll by CNN. GURPS, the author of said thread, claims he's surprised that CNN would publish such a poll due to their left-wing bias.

I pointed out that polls regarding Trump's approval are low, and published by Fox News, a right-wing biased news source. So it shouldn;t be surprising that CNN would publish this poll considering Fox published one showing low approval ratings for Trump.

Not one time did I claim any trust in any polls. Have you ever been polled? I know I haven't. I don't trust any poll and think it's stupid to use them as some sort of metric for how one (or a party) is viewed in the eyes of the public.

I hope stringin you along by your nose hairs helps you understand a bit more.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Not one time did I claim any trust in any polls. Have you ever been polled? I know I haven't.
I don't trust any poll and think it's stupid to use them as some sort of metric for how one (or a party) is viewed in the eyes of the public.

about 4 months ago, on a host of items - none ID ' the poll I was answering questions for

and it jumped from TV Shows to politics