dentsville accident rt 6

W

Wenchy

Ever been to el paso? Should just rename this ####hole mexico.

Never.

If you ever go to OC or Rehomo, take 404 and check all the Mexicans out.

They are getting free Driver's Ed in DE, and all the want to be drivers in MD have to pay for it (if they want to drive before age 18)...Mexicans too :jet: From what I've read, the private driving schools leave much to be desired.

MD stinks in many ways. Driver's Education is one of them. Why isn't it a topic in this thread?

Nupe2

That didn't take long.

P.S. Should have been "overprotective".

What is real life? She's alive and hasn't been in a teen related crash. That was my concern from the beginning since I have seen too many go that way.

To each their own, but I am happy to be able to do this for her.

She has her license, and no desire to drive. Is it terrible for a teenager to say they are scared to drive?

Crap, I'm scared with the lunatics out there on the cell phones and pretending to be NASCAR drivers.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wenchy again." :huggy:

I

Inkpen

In reply to Itsbob post:

And after awhile their stupid behaviour will ensure they run out of buddies to ride with. AND when the buddy finds out WHY he needs a ride.. "LOST my license to a CAMERA" his friend will be less likely to act a fool behind the wheel lest HE loses his licencse like his friend.

Where in SOMD are they going to put camera? And what happens if the first incident is the last? Then what good is a camera or taking away the license.

It is up to the parents to teach their kids.

I don't know why they were where they were, why don't you enlighten us..

I do not know why there were there..far end of the loop...

Who told you seatbelts don't help in a 't-bone' collision?? They may even have helped at the speed they were traveling (not sure WHICH accident it is you are talking about here, but the BIG one non of them were wearing seatbelts and they were T-Boned so NOT wearing seatbelts didn't help either!!)

25+ years.in fire & rescue..know the physics of a high speed t-bone...and all were wearing seat belts..and no amount of air bags or reenforced doors are going to protect a human body from a faster, heaver object. Law of physics!

OR maybe it was the size and weight of the bigass truck that hit them.. Calvert Accident(what's that called, KINETIC energy!??)
Good..you understand a t-bone accident!

how many of those four died?? How many were wearing seatbelts??

Driver died on scene, her brother in critical condition, 2 other, gilrs, in serious, but serious. ALL had belts on per the news.

It hasn't happened yet.. why should it happen today??

What has not happened????

How many kids do you have? Do you have a JOB!?? Are your kids active?? No a parent CAN'T keep up with their kids schedules AND hold down a job. Kids have school, then after school activities or sports, then most of them go to their Jobs.. You think my boss will understand me coming in late EVERYday, then leaving early EVERYday?? AND still get paid??

Cant your wife drive your kids around?
Why do they need jobs?

I think I already have.

And your solution 'keep doing what we are doing' (nothing), and you'll continue to have to answer these calls.

My solution is as stated before..
It is up to the parents to teach their kids and exercise better control over their privledge of driving.
If you are too busy to teach your kids and to set a good example, then I am sorry for you.

Well, so far I've had two get through driving.. safely.. abiding by the rules.. I guess that's GOOD PARENTING.. but my kids aren't the worry.. What if my kid was the one driving the other direction when the other car lost control because they were speeding?? It wouldn't have been my kids fault, does that mean he would have been less dead

But Bob, it wasnt your kid...it was 4 other teens and in Calvert, it was someones daughter.

Consider you kids lucky..and you blessed you have not lost a child in an accident.

Good job on teaching them the right things in life. Hope it continues for the other 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Inkpen

Where did this idea of Cameras come from?
Who in SOMD is gonna put up cameras and enforce them?

In a 15 mle drive on 2/4 I saw 3 people run a red light...meaning they were in the intersection when the light was a solid red.
Not halfway thru when it changed.

So if people dont follow the rules of the roads, how do we expect our kids to do the same?

WE need to set a good example if we expect them to do the same.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
how many of those four died?? How many were wearing seatbelts??

Driver died on scene, her brother in critical condition, 2 other, gilrs, in serious, but serious. ALL had belts on per the news.

So i guess seatbelts DID help in the T-Bone crash!??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And after awhile their stupid behaviour will ensure they run out of buddies to ride with. AND when the buddy finds out WHY he needs a ride.. "LOST my license to a CAMERA" his friend will be less likely to act a fool behind the wheel lest HE loses his licencse like his friend.

Where in SOMD are they going to put camera? And what happens if the first incident is the last? Then what good is a camera or taking away the license.

Before you start saying my ideas won't work.. go back and READ what I said about cameras..

The biggest deterence with cameras is they are MOBILE.. and you don't need to take a cop off of the street to maintain, or install them.. You have 100 cameras in teh county, and NOBODY knows where they are from day to day.. and you won't even know you were caught until the ticket comes in the mail.. IMAGINE a kid runningn stupid up and down a road all day.. a week later he gets nailed with SEVEN tickets, and has to surrender his license.. OR he was driving Dad's car and DAD has to pay all the fines, DAD will probably make sure he doesn't drive again for awhile.... although 7 tickets, kid might end up driving Dad around..

I just heard that the buses couldn't let the students off this morning until the news reporters where made to leave.
How sick is this?

I am surprised the Board of Education did not clear the LPHS parking lot... well, maybe not all that surprised - but they should have done so...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Where did this idea of Cameras come from?
Who in SOMD is gonna put up cameras and enforce them?

In a 15 mle drive on 2/4 I saw 3 people run a red light...meaning they were in the intersection when the light was a solid red.
Not halfway thru when it changed.

So if people dont follow the rules of the roads, how do we expect our kids to do the same?

WE need to set a good example if we expect them to do the same.

Agree, and it's nice to see you finally agree with me..

Red Light cameras would do the trick.. as has been proven EVERYWHERE redlight cameras have been installed..

I

Inkpen

Bob, Who is going to pay for these light? the county? the state?
Get real...no county is gonna spend that kind of money when they have a budget to stick to.
The Tri County area cant even hire enough cops or teachers!!!!
Where is the $$ going to come from for cameras???

Heck, there is not even enough cops to deal agressive drivers on the major roads!

And about that t-bone...brother is in CRITICAL condition...Driver died on the scene...drivers usually do in a t bone....belt or no belt.

At least the other 3 survived becasue they DID have belts on....

Parents have the responsibility to teach thier kids right.

No kids and no cell phones in the car if you are under 18.

And I am for NO cell phones..Period...but when you see a cop driving adn talking on the cell phone, what kind of example is that?

Laws wont make a difference neither will cameras...

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Just a note. LPHS is holding a vigil Friday (I think my step-daughter said 5 pm). The cops finally ran off the media dogs this morning a bit after eight from what I saw.

On another note, remember the kids waiting for a bus in La Plata who were injured by a crack head from Virginia? Word on the street today is one of the victims in the Dentsville accident is a half-brother to one of those kids. His mother needs our prayers.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bob, Who is going to pay for these light? the county? the state?
Get real...no county is gonna spend that kind of money when they have a budget to stick to.
The Tri County area cant even hire enough cops or teachers!!!!
Where is the $$ going to come from for cameras???

Heck, there is not even enough cops to deal agressive drivers on the major roads!

And about that t-bone...brother is in CRITICAL condition...Driver died on the scene...drivers usually do in a t bone....belt or no belt.

At least the other 3 survived becasue they DID have belts on....

Parents have the responsibility to teach thier kids right.

No kids and no cell phones in the car if you are under 18.

And I am for NO cell phones..Period...but when you see a cop driving adn talking on the cell phone, what kind of example is that?

How much do you think one of these cameras cost? And don't you think the revenue generated by these cameras will MORE than pay for themselves and the salary of the technicians installing and moving them??

There is an upfront cost, of course, but in the end they would actually be positve revenue generators.

But please, feel free to try again.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Speed-enforcement cameras ticketed 3,532 drivers during the first six days that citations were issued on Scottsdale's section of Loop 101.

Scottsdale's Loop 101 photo speed-enforcement program is a nine-month test to determine if cameras at six locations along a 7.8-mile stretch between Scottsdale Road and Shea Boulevard are effective in changing driver behavior.

Six cameras on 7.8 miles of road in six days ticketed over 3THOUSAND drivers.. yep, that's a positive cash flow!!

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart has taken a few too many snaps in Scottsdale.

Loop 101 speed-enforcement cameras flashed Leinart's dark 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe three times during five days in March, and once in June.

ANd even catches celebrities!!

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AND if I remember correctly some of the photo traffic enforcement companies take a fee from each violation and don't necessarily have to charge a per system cost..

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You are CLOSE to right..

Unenforced, unenforceable laws do NOT make a difference..

And right now our basic traffic laws are NOT enforceable. not enough cops on the street to make a neglible dent in the amount of violations..

10 people a day getting caught speeding on 235 is REALLy not a deterrent, evidenced by driving down 235 any time of day or night.

Cameras DO make a difference and the proof is out there EVERYWHERE they have been used.

Fewer violations, slowed traffic, less accidents, and lastly LESS FATALITIES which is the whole purpose of this one sided debate.

But as I said before, you apparently don't care about the truth or what would make a difference and SAVE lives.. you think passing more laws that won't be enforced will make a difference.