Did Tiger Say What He Needed To Say?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Over on ESPN's sports pages, you might notice a poll taken by SportsNation.

It appears that 66% of the viewers who watched the speech felt he was sincere. However, 34% feel that he was not sincere, and it was too contrived.

Where do you all come down on the speech?

bcp

In My Opinion
didnt need to say anything to me.
do you feel like he owed you some personal response?

He might have something to say to his wife, but thats really not my concern either.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Damn Penn - be a guy and stop all the soap opera crap. Do you ever watch sports without getting into their love lives? Who giaf if he's really sorry and if his wife forgives him? If he comes back and plays like he always has, that's all that matters.

Oh, and lose your comma key. Just don't use it any more.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

He might have something to say to his wife, but thats really not my concern either.

Personally, he owes me nothing. On the other hand, I think he felt that he had to break the ice, so to speak. He had to get some things off his chest.

He also made some very direct statements to the Press and to the Paparazzi:

"Leave my wife, my mother and my kids out of this. They are not to blame. I am the one who caused this mess."(paraphrase)

That may be a reason that he felt he had to make that speech.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Damn Penn - be a guy and stop all the soap opera crap. Do you ever watch sports without getting into their love lives? Who giaf if he's really sorry and if his wife forgives him? If he comes back and plays like he always has, that's all that matters.

Oh, and lose your comma key. Just don't use it any more.

Did someone hold a gun to your head and demand that you click on this thread? :howdy:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Did someone hold a gun to your head and demand that you click on this thread? :howdy:

Put it in the Lady's room where it belongs. You put it here where it's open for guys to look at it. What's the matter, not enough General Hospital?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
hmmmm. Younger white dude vs. Older white dude....

Ok, who's got a cellphone camera ready?:killingme

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
hmmmm. Younger white dude vs. Older white dude....

Ok, who's got a cellphone camera ready?
Are you saying you are fixing to make him begin "leaking"? Or you think he's going to put his foot up your azz?

winters

Over on ESPN's sports pages, you might notice a poll taken by SportsNation.

It appears that 66% of the viewers who watched the speech felt he was sincere. However, 34% feel that he was not sincere, and it was too contrived.

Where do you all come down on the speech?

99% of the viewers want to know if you joined the military before don't ask don't tell or after?

Sweet 16

^^8^^

:yeahthat:

That said, the snippet I saw on the replay sounded like something his lawyers/handlers/PR people/rehab counselor wrote, not him. If it were me, I would have offered my sponsors/shareholders/family/friends/loved ones a personal apology, which I'm sure he has, and left it at that. The whole going on TV public apology thing still screams "Look at me! Look at me! I'm so special I deserve a press conference!" which is how this whole thing started.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
:yeahthat:

That said, the snippet I saw on the replay sounded like something his lawyers/handlers/PR people/rehab counselor wrote, not him. If it were me, I would have offered my sponsors/shareholders/family/friends/loved ones a personal apology, which I'm sure he has, and left it at that. The whole going on TV public apology thing still screams "Look at me! Look at me! I'm so special I deserve a press conference!" which is how this whole thing started.

Amen.

:coffee:

Gigi22

HE does not owe me or anyone an apology.. The only person he owes anything to is Elin and his family... I don't like what he did but, what business is it of mine or anyone elses outside his marriage.. Money and Fame has ruined many a person.. He was wrong but, this is my opinion.. those women who have come out now are nothing but trashy whores... They know he is married and they know he has children but, that didn't stop them because they wanted a piece of his money and what he could give them.. How dumb is he if they taped him or kept voice messages.. They were going to set him up right from the begining... Trash... I do not feel sorry for one of those woman... They helped ruin a marriage and 2 childrens lives.. they should have known better.. Now don't get me wrong Tiger is just as stupid.. Now he knows how stupid he is... Keep on trusting trash and you will become trash. It has caused him alot of grief... Maybe now he will learn to be honest and faithful... I hope Elin holds his feet to the fire and I don't think this will be a lesson that he will soon forget.. But, with that said... Get help, tell the public to pack sand and take care of yourself and your family..... good luck Tiger..

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
HE does not owe me or anyone an apology.. The only person he owes anything to is Elin and his family... I don't like what he did but, what business is it of mine or anyone elses outside his marriage.. Money and Fame has ruined many a person.. He was wrong but, this is my opinion.. those women who have come out now are nothing but trashy whores... They know he is married and they know he has children but, that didn't stop them because they wanted a piece of his money and what he could give them.. How dumb is he if they taped him or kept voice messages.. They were going to set him up right from the begining... Trash... I do not feel sorry for one of those woman... They helped ruin a marriage and 2 childrens lives.. they should have known better.. Now don't get me wrong Tiger is just as stupid.. Now he knows how stupid he is... Keep on trusting trash and you will become trash. It has caused him alot of grief... Maybe now he will learn to be honest and faithful... I hope Elin holds his feet to the fire and I don't think this will be a lesson that he will soon forget.. But, with that said... Get help, tell the public to pack sand and take care of yourself and your family..... good luck Tiger..

Well said! That about covers it all. :yay:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

Did you even read the post I responded to? The point being, to have sucked up with apologies to sponsors would have best been served in private too. As well as his private confessions and apologies to his wife and family.Although not necessary ... A fast two second I'm sorry to the media and end it. The fact that he had a break-in news conference was a JOKE. Hell Cassius Clay (I'm old) never showed that much gall ! I have a thread about this in here too.

My biggest beef is the wasted news break-in with all the REAL things going on in this world.

:coffee:

Last edited: