Diets

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Thanks a bunch. I am one of those that falls into no/low cal = weight loss. I don't feel like I have a real active life, so my thinking was/is calories in/calories out....I'll try the eating more (protein, veges) to lose. Now for the exercise thing....I hope walking will help....

Cardio definitely helps because it raises your overall metabolism which allows you to burn calories more efficiently, even when you are "at rest". I feel like I have to sweat to lose weight so I include interval training on the treadmill as part of my routine, which also includes hand weights, sit ups, push ups, and lower-body toning exercises.

MMM_donuts

:frown: I can't get anyone to walk with me.

:shrug: Can't imagine why they won't join me at 5:45 am. :jet:

I know, right?! Since my friend and I moved away from each other, I can't seem to make myself get up and exercise before work :frown: I can't honestly say I've put that much effort into it, though. There's a 6am yoga class at the gym that I keep making a half-hearted attempt to go to. I set my alarm the night before, then turn it right back off the next morning. So far I'm 0 for, like 20+ times trying.

cricketmd

I know, right?! Since my friend and I moved away from each other, I can't seem to make myself get up and exercise before work :frown: I can't honestly say I've put that much effort into it, though. There's a 6am yoga class at the gym that I keep making a half-hearted attempt to go to. I set my alarm the night before, then turn it right back off the next morning. So far I'm 0 for, like 20+ times trying.

Cute profile picture! Is that your cat? Very cute!

cricketmd

Aw, thanks! Yeah, that's Frank. He likes to lay on warm things. The more inconvenient, the better!

I know this is diet thread, but I ordered pizza yesterday LOL. I set it down and 5 minutes later one of the cats is laying on top of it like its an electric blanket. I had to knock her off of it 4 times. She shouldn't even be on the counter to begin with. Let alone a hot pizza box. lol I get the warm thing, or at least understood last night. lol

Oh and in case you were wondering. The cats in MY profile pic are NOT mine, in case anyone couldnt figure that out. lol

MMM_donuts

I know this is diet thread, but I ordered pizza yesterday LOL. I set it down and 5 minutes later one of the cats is laying on top of it like its an electric blanket. I had to knock her off of it 4 times. She shouldn't even be on the counter to begin with. Let alone a hot pizza box. lol I get the warm thing, or at least understood last night. lol

Oh and in case you were wondering. The cats in MY profile pic are NOT mine, in case anyone couldnt figure that out. lol

Lol, I can relate to that! Being a diet thread, you should know that Frank was 30lbs when I first moved in with my husband. Now he's down to 25lbs. Someone else started a thread about walking cats on leashes..well, I've considered getting Frank a leash and taking him out for more exercise. I really have to watch him. If there is ANY food left out anywhere, he'll get it. He once ate through a bag of cough drops. We found pieces of them everywhere: water bowl, carpet, pet hair, couch.

I also found that when my husband started his Body for Life diet at the beginning of December, the pets started requiring a lot more attention. It turns out that all this time SOMEONE had been sharing his food with all the kitty cat and puppy dog faces. :nono: By default, the pets went on a diet, too - and they were not happy about it.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
What diets have you tried and did they work? Would you recommend them? Any tips for better results?

A week ago I started on a program called Take Shape for Life. I eat 5 of their meals a day and 1 lean and green meal (lean any kind of meat with a green veggie). So far I have lost 6 pounds and I am not hungry. Once I meet my goal weight they will have transitioned me to where I am still eating 6 times a day but it is my own food and not theirs.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
I've lost about 40lbs this year. I started with Phentermine for 6 months because I was having health issues from the extra weight. My dr prescribed it and then I got off of it about 3 months ago and havnt put any of the weight back on. I learned to eat healthier and have trained myself some restraint and will power. I learned healthier habits this year. I dont watch my carbs as much as I do calories and fat grams. I make a point of not exceeding fat grams a day, probably not the healthiest idea, but I do. Lastly, I found an online diet journal website (myfitnesspal.com) helpful. Hope this helps!

Phentermine is great. My husband and I were on it for 6 months. I lost 60 pounds, and he lost 80. I got pregnant and gained 50 back though. :doh: I just started back on it 2 weeks ago.

acommondisaster

Did Wendy Chant's low carb diet using her book "Crack the Fat Loss Code" and lost about 20 lbs in 12 days - the person I was dieting with lost a bit more. I leveled off a bit after that and then went completely off the diet (actually a new way of eating) and started stuffing a lot of ice cream and soda in my face when I went through a stressful stretch. I plan to go back on the diet, but it takes a bit of organization and I just haven't done it.

It was an easy diet to follow after the first 7 days (very carb restrictive for 7 days - after that you get a day or 2 each week to eat whatever you want) and actually pretty easy to stick to, but again, it takes some planning. It's a lot like some diabetic diets I've seen, except for the days when you can eat what you like.

It worked well for me when I planned what I was going to eat for the day, and it supposedly resets your metabolism - the reasoning behind seems sound - eat carbs early in the day and then your body learns to go back and burn those off during the time it's just getting protein and veggies. I liked that after the first week there was really no "forbidden" food.

acommondisaster

Someone mentioned physical activity - the diet I was on suggested not starting any type of NEW workout regime until about the 3rd week - in order to get your body used to the idea that it was always going to get fed. She has another book out - name escapes me, but it's similar to the 1st, that includes exercise - but everyone seems to suggest using the first book initially as the other one is a bit harder to stick to if you're just starting out.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
Another great program is Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

The best part of the program is IT IS FREE.

It's personalized - you tell the program exactly what you want, how much you will exercise, if you want menu plans or if you want to make your own menu. They've made the website similar to a social networking website and it's easy to navigate once you get the hang of it. I won't lie - at first the site is a bit overwhelming, but there are tons of messageboards and videos on how to get the most out of the website. It's really a great place.

I did this last year and really kept my promises - ate healthy and within the guidelines that sparkpeople suggested, exercised 5 times a week as I promised and I lost about 30 pounds.

It's a fantastic program, but you have to be committed to the program. You have to keep your promises otherwise the weight won't fall off.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I just saw an ad on TV for the fullbar diet. I went to the website, fullbar.com and I am tempted to try that. Anybody on here ever heard of it? Good or bad?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I just saw an ad on TV for the fullbar diet. I went to the website, fullbar.com and I am tempted to try that. Anybody on here ever heard of it? Good or bad?

7-Keto, Forskolin, Relora & Caraway Seeds | Dr Oz Belly Fat Pills

You might be interested in reading this... I am trying Relora and 7-Keto now. I noticed the Relora makes me a bit too chilled out so I am only taking THAT mid-afternoon and late evening (skipping the a.m. dose).

Doctor Oz recommended Omega 7 a while back and I am very happy with those results. It has clearly improved my allergies. So when he suggested these pills, I didn't hesitate and the reviews looked pretty good.

I am doing JUDDD now. The weight loss has been 1.5-2.5 lbs. steady since Dec. I really like this diet because it fits into to my life style. I am in no rush to get to goal and will just relax and take my time. I have learned in the past that the faster I drop - the quicker I gain it all back.

UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed

There is a great deal of research on alternative fasting beyond JUDDD that is worth reading and also several youtube videos on the subject.

Last edited: