Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

NOTSMC

I knew there was a reason I like you. It wasn't just the strawberry shortcakes....
Back atcha. In all seriousness, you're a really great guy, with a nice sense of humor, great stories, interesting life experiences, interesting things to say. Not flirting, I just think highly of you and even though you're never supposed to tell anyone that...I think you should know that about yourself. Gotta run - brats on the grill at my BF
s house tonight!! and beer and a porch swing. Life's good

s

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Speaking of Stirred, they had mentioned that they were also going to take over Morris Point. Not sure what happened with that, but they are now under new management.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Back atcha. In all seriousness, you're a really great guy, with a nice sense of humor, great stories, interesting life experiences, interesting things to say. Not flirting, I just think highly of you and even though you're never supposed to tell anyone that...I think you should know that about yourself. Gotta run - brats on the grill at my BF
s house tonight!! and beer and a porch swing. Life's good

s
Sounds great. Meanwhile...I gotta 'splain some things to SGI. Laters. Say..about that swing..er..nebbermind.

NOTSMC

Speaking of Stirred, they had mentioned that they were also going to take over Morris Point. Not sure what happened with that, but they are now under new management.
Was that a martini place - like where Cow and Fish used to be or in that general vicinity?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

To be frank...my failure to keep Swann's Resort rolling onward was entirely due to a damned hurricane. Fran came in and wrecked my newly rebuilt dock..my new gas and diesel fuel pumps (huge $$$$) ..my sea wall,etc etc...all things that were not covered..and cannot be covered..by insurance. This is what it looked like just before Fran hit...we were on a roll. and rocking the largest, most expansive liquor license the county ever issued. There will never be another like it.

I understand and respect what you built. But with my statement, "Restaurants, food service, has long been stacked against the bright eyed starry eyed boot lacing entrepreneur. Just ask @Gilligan." I was referring to your experience in that, if one were to ask you today, that restaurant entrepreneurs, have the chips stacked against them in trying to start a new restaurant business. At least, I think that's what you would say? Or would you say something different?

As an aside. I heard that Calvert Marina had to stop selling gas/diesel due to a simple fixable leak to the pier pumps that started a ball rolling. Well now it's not just fixing a leak. Now it's bring everything up to current regulations. Replacement of in-ground tanks, running new lines, $$$$$$, etc. etc. etc.. Owner said fug that and shut the whole thing down and removed all of it.

rio

Was that a martini place - like where Cow and Fish used to be or in that general vicinity?
Yes, they are/were where Cow and Fish was.

I keep trying to tell my daughter she needs to open a bakery there. Like with bread and croissants such, not just cakes and cookies. Have a good coffee and some good easily made to go breakfast stuff and get the Northbound morning commuters. There aren't any real bakeries around that do that and we need one.

Grumpy

I heard that Calvert Marina had to stop selling gas/diesel due to a simple fixable leak to the pier pumps that started a ball rolling. Well now it's not just fixing a leak. Now it's bring everything up to current regulations. Replacement of in-ground tanks, running new lines, $$$$$$, etc. etc. etc.. Owner said fug that and shut the whole thing down and removed all of it.
Sounds like the same happened at Breezy Point.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Morris Point is located deep in 7D, on Canoe Neck Creek. Many years ago, Frank Morris would come down to the waterfront building, where the restaurant is now, to sell us 7D nuts cold beers when we were out on our boats and ran out at 3 am. We could always count on Frank.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I keep trying to tell my daughter she needs to open a bakery there. Like with bread and croissants such, not just cakes and cookies. Have a good coffee and some good easily made to go breakfast stuff and get the Northbound morning commuters. There aren't any real bakeries around that do that and we need one.
Yes, Cow and Fish was there. They started shutting down during COVID and never really got back on their feet. Especially after they opened Il Piccolo Morso in Leonardtown. Now they just run that one.

tuffenuff2

SALT is packed at night and the locals love it. A friend of ours has been eating there twice a week since the day it opened.
Salt is great. The fish and chips was awesome!!! Not run of the mill cod but fresh striped bass which was so fresh there was no fishy taste.
The ahi tuna was also great ! Hubby had mahi tacos and guess what - great!

tuffenuff2

Salt is great. The fish and chips was awesome!!! Not run of the mill cod but fresh striped bass which was so fresh there was no fishy taste.
The ahi tuna was also great ! Hubby had mahi tacos and guess what - great!. Beautiful view of the river from large outdoor area.

NOTSMC

I'd go there. Easy stop for commuters going northbound.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Canoe Neck Creek is my childhood stomping grounds. Morris Point hasn't been the same since Frank and Ruth passed away. One kid would go in and distract Ruth, while the others would feed 45 cents of saved lunch money into the old cigarette machine, and get a fresh pack of Marlboro Red.