Dinner Ideas

terbear1225

pad thai was good
we've also tried substituting thin cuts of steak for the chicken in chicken marsala
chicken and spinachpizza is also a favorite

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Veggie pizza....goes like this.

1-can cresant rolls...unroll dough and press into a cookie sheet. bake according to direction, till lightly brown.

in a bowl, mix up 2 pks cr cheese, 1/2 cup miricle whip and a ranch sesoning packet. spead on top of cooled creasent crust.

top with all kids of veggies of your choice. i cut up broccoli, shed carrots, cuckes, red and gr peppers. when you got all you fav veggies on top, then top it all off with fine shedded chedder cheese. cut into squares. delish and good for you.

Callie girl

1-can cresant rolls...unroll dough and press into a cookie sheet. bake according to direction, till lightly brown.

in a bowl, mix up 2 pks cr cheese, 1/2 cup miricle whip and a ranch sesoning packet. spead on top of cooled creasent crust.

top with all kids of veggies of your choice. i cut up broccoli, shed carrots, cuckes, red and gr peppers. when you got all you fav veggies on top, then top it all off with fine shedded chedder cheese. cut into squares. delish and good for you.

I make this fairly often and love it but I don't use Mircle whip and seasoning, I just use the cream cheese and ranch dressing (easier plus I don't like mircle whip). And I put broccoli, cauliflower and carrots on it.

Have you tried the fruit pizza, that's my favorite

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Has anyone ever had Lollipop chicken? Its very time consuming to make but makes a fun dish. Cut a chicken wing into 3 sections, throw away the end piece. Then clip the meat from one end of the bone and turn inside out so it looks like a lollipop on a stick. Dip in beer batter and deep fry.

Cowgirl

Has anyone ever had Lollipop chicken? Its very time consuming to make but makes a fun dish. Cut a chicken wing into 3 sections, throw away the end piece. Then clip the meat from one end of the bone and turn inside out so it looks like a lollipop on a stick. Dip in beer batter and deep fry.

That creeps me out.

jsouthan

Easy Vegetable Beef Stew

1 small bottle V8 juice (about 48oz, I think -- I use the low sodium kind, otherwise it does get a little salty)
beef cubes
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
1 cup barley (the dried kind in the box)

Add the beef (cut into bite sized pieces, if not already), veggies and barley to crock pot. Pour in about 2/3 of the bottle of V8 and about 1-2 cups of water. You can adjust these amounts to suit your taste. Turn the crock pot on low and let simmer all day. I just serve it with some crusty dinner rolls and it's great on chilly nights!

lovinmaryland

My aunt brings this as an appetizer to family functions and I devour it I love love love it. So you actually make it for dinner...hmm I am gonna have to do that one night next week :yay:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
That creeps me out.

Why does this creep you out? They make great finger food. They just look like lollipops on a stick with the bone being the stick. I forgot to say , the wing piece with 2 bones, you have to remove one of them. Makes the very best fried chicken:drool:

Cowgirl

Why does this creep you out? They make great finger food. They just look like lollipops on a stick with the bone being the stick. I forgot to say , the wing piece with 2 bones, you have to remove one of them. Makes the very best fried chicken:drool:

:shrug: I'm not sure...but it just does. :lol:

I like breakfast for dinner when I don't feel like cooking. Eggs, bacon or sausage, some kind of taters and sliced tomatoes...mmm!!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I've been on kick lately of roasting the veggies - I chop them up, place on a cookie sheet, toss with oilve oil and spices and bake at 425 for thirty to forty-five minutes. Yum. (you can also do fruit this way except just add a little sugar and then drop the fruit on ice cream) Then I toss the veggies with everything from rice to pasta. Another food item that is vastly overlooked is fish Tuna and salmon are both easy to cook and you can add them to salads to pasta or just place veggies on the side.

Last edited:
I make a real quick and easy Stroganoff. Get the packaged Stroganoff noodle mix and prepare as directions.

You can brown some chopped beef and add it, or get a strip steak, grill it and put it over the noodles, or use grilled chicken.