Dinner

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Bonus from tonight's dinner. The place has an oregano, basil & tomato potpourri smell.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
last night I made marinated steaks and this super yummy Asparagus Egg & Bacon Salad :yum:
I love me some roasted asparagus but I needed to change it up. Plus I had some bacon and two soft-boiled eggs that needed to be used. This definitely hit the spot, perfect for summer. :yay:

Shutout

Made a marinade of pineapple juice, fresh grated ginger,chopped scallions, olive oil, garlic. Marinated chicken breast, then grilled them. Sesame ginger coleslaw, corn on the cob.

Monello

PREMO Member
Last night's dinner was prepared on the grill. The menu included pork loin, ears of corn, thick sliced Vidalia onions, green pepper, sliced potato, eggplant & zucchini. Everything got brushed with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper & turmeric. Best part is I have a bunch of leftovers.

Vince

Last night's dinner was prepared on the grill. The menu included pork loin, ears of corn, thick sliced Vidalia onions, green pepper, sliced potato, eggplant & zucchini. Everything got brushed with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper & turmeric. Best part is I have a bunch of leftovers.
The Vidalia onions sound good. Going to try it, but going to cut them down the middle in about 4 places and drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on. Then grill em. Saw this on utube somewhere.

Monello

PREMO Member
The Vidalia onions sound good. Going to try it, but going to cut them down the middle in about 4 places and drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on. Then grill em. Saw this on utube somewhere.

Leave the root on the onion will help hold them together. I cut mine thick and was careful when I turned them. The cut surface got a lot of heat from the fire and browned up nicely, just the way I like them.

Slow grilling a rack of baby back ribs and asparagus with a baked tater.

Well, that was a bust. I made the ribs like I always do, seasoned, grilled for a bit, then slathered with BBQ sauce and wrapped in foil for a few more hours. But this time I had the bright idea to cut up an onion and throw it in the foil too.

Don't do that.

It changed the flavor and texture completely. Yuk. Worst ribs I ever made.

The potato was good tho... :lol:

littlelady

God bless the USA

That menu sounds amazingly delicious! We are having a BBQ get together with friends mid June. Might have to copy. Thanks for the inspiration! :smile:

Monello

PREMO Member
Carbonade Flamande

Not tonight's dinner, but for either lunch or dinner tomorrow. Braised beef in beer.

I forget what cut of meat it is since I checked out a bunch of packages. I selected 1 that had a good amount of marbling in the meat. So it's 3 slabs of beef that get seasoned with salt, pepper and a bit of sugar, both sides. I've seen it done with a mixture of both brown & white sugar. That goes in a hot pan with a bit of oil. Brown those suckers nicely then turn them over and after a bit add in the onions. Cook the onions down and when the meat is sufficiently brown deglaze the pan with a decent beer. The recipe originates in Belgium, so a Belgium beer is a good choice.

Scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Next add in a good brown stock, some tomatoes(I used paste). Finish with a bay leaf and some parsley sprigs. Simmer that until the meat is fork tender. You can tighten up the sauce if you like.

Here's a recipe for a whole meal: braised beer beef