Do you "Flush and forget"... it must end

Cowgirl

How so?

You take a dump.. 6 months later you empty said dumper, you age it, and use it as fertilizer.

How does the new one work?

Well, the first one I used was on the second floor of a building. You go potty and put a handful of shavings down the pipe. I guess it composts (builds heat and kills germs) and every year they cleaned it out and used it as fertilizer. So, I guess it works the same way as an outhouse (I've never had to use an outhouse)...but I know I've never seen an outhouse in a building on the second floor. :shrug: :lol:

MMDad

Lem Putt
And yes you can waste water i.e., brushing teeth, long showers, toilets that arent working properly etc...

Imagine if no-one cared how long they let the water run

Please clear something up. I fully understand how using too much water is an environmental problem in places like Arizona. But I have yet to hear a logical explanation from anyone here for their belief that water use is an environmental issue. What is your logic on this?

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Please clear something up. I fully understand how using too much water is an environmental problem in places like Arizona. But I have yet to hear a logical explanation from anyone here for their belief that water use is an environmental issue. What is your logic on this?

Is this an honest question or are you F'n with me?

For a first grade explanation read a few posts back (about well water). If you still feel the need to waste water for whatever reason then go ahead. I must ask you tho; why do you feel its ok to waste water?

Its just an adult civilized question; don't get :duel: over it.

TY

MMDad

Lem Putt

For a first grade explanation read a few posts back (about well water). If you still feel the need to waste water for whatever reason then go ahead. I must ask you tho; why do you feel its ok to waste water?

TY

There is nothing in any post in this thread about an environmental reason to conserve water. Do you have an actual environmental reason?

I understand not wanting to run your well dry, or not wanting to overload your septic, but those are economic reasons.

Also, why did you get offended when Larry called you mental? Isn't that kind of what a head case is?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

TY

...you can't 'waste' water. It goes back into the environment; evaporation, condensation. You can get ahead of the cycle, but you can't waste it. It's a fast cycle.

There is no intellectual reason to leave the sink run, but using water to flush away human waste is a perfectly reasonable way to deal with the waste. The waste goes off to to be part of a much slower cycle. The water will be back real soon.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
And, this whole waste-water-treatment cycle (as in circular) put us ahead of those pesky days of the past, which included the outhoused, smelly mellow left behinds and the e.coli breeding grounds in our facilities.

You "lay waste", you flush, you wash your hands - that too being first grade mentality. We have come a long way, I certainly do not plan on going backwards! :dance:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

And, this whole waste-water-treatment cycle (as in circular) put us ahead of those pesky outhoused, smelly mellow and the potential for e.coli in our facilities.

You "lay waste", you flush, you wash your hands - that too being first grade mentality. We have come a long way, I certainly do not plan on going backwards! :dance:

...oh thank God! If you did, then we'd have to take every toilet in the world and turn it around.

:lol:

Cowgirl

...you can't 'waste' water. It goes back into the environment; evaporation, condensation. You can get ahead of the cycle, but you can't waste it. It's a fast cycle.

Isn't ground water renewable?

Conserving water is a way to prevent getting ahead of the cycle. Water isn't recharging fast enough in some areas to keep up. Especially in urban areas, all of the impermeable surfaces prevent water from recharging like it should. I don't see any reason to not conserve water. :shrug:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• 010208 008.jpg
    010208 008.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 219

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Did you come into this room just to argue?

I thought it was a way of bringing awareness to the public on how/what we can all do to help the environment not justifying it.

Do you leave the lights on just because you can?

I'm done explaining, you either get it or you don't and I don't feel the need to waste (my) energy anymore.

Go ahead and act wasteful and justify your actions. It's not unsanitary not to flush considering lgerms etc., around us and using common sense will tell you when it's likewise.

Gosh, get off your high horse.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

TY

Are you saying it's wasting water to flush a toilet? Or wasting water to brush your teeth?

Fact is toilets should be flushed after every use. Some uses require a double flush. :lol:

Pete

Repete

There is no intellectual reason to leave the sink run, but using water to flush away human waste is a perfectly reasonable way to deal with the waste. The waste goes off to to be part of a much slower cycle. The water will be back real soon.

:yeahthat: Every drop of water ever on earth since the begining is still here and been through the cycle a bazillion times.

The water you flush today could end up in a Latte at a Starbucks in New Jersey next year.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

HeadCase said:
Did you come into this room just to argue?

I thought it was a way of bringing awareness to the public on how/what we can all do to help the environment not justifying it.

Do you leave the lights on just because you can?

I'm done explaining, you either get it or you don't and I don't feel the need to waste (my) energy anymore.

Go ahead and act wasteful and justify your actions. It's not unsanitary not to flush considering lgerms etc., around us and using common sense will tell you when it's likewise.

Gosh, get off your high horse.

So you can't give me a reason why this is an environmental issue. It just is because you say it is. Great.

Most of us pay for our water or for the electricity to pump it. We also pay for sewer service or for upkeep on our septic. Those are all good economic reasons to conserve. But they have nothing to do with the environment.

Larry was right. You are mental.

Hockey

Red Wings Rule
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

So you can't give me a reason why this is an environmental issue. It just is because you say it is. Great.

Most of us pay for our water or for the electricity to pump it. We also pay for sewer service or for upkeep on our septic. Those are all good economic reasons to conserve. But they have nothing to do with the environment.

Larry was right. You are mental.

:killingme
Bro if you only knew who she really was
:killingme

Cowgirl

So you can't give me a reason why this is an environmental issue.

I'll give you a reason why it's environmental. If you waste water and you're on septic, you're going to overload the system which can cause excess nutrient load in the discharge. If you over-water your lawn, you're causing runoff which carries fertilizer and other pollutants to go down to the waterways. Oops, that's two reasons.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I'll give you a reason why it's environmental. If you waste water and you're on septic, you're going to overload the system which can cause excess nutrient load in the discharge. If you over-water your lawn, you're causing runoff which carries fertilizer and other pollutants to go down to the waterways. Oops, that's two reasons.

I understand not overloading a septic system is an environmental issue. But the issue is not using water, it's not overloading your system. If I flush 100 times a day but maintain my septic, there is no impact. If my neighbor flushes once a day into his failed system, there is far more impact.

I also understand the runoff issue. But that is an issue of controlling runoff, not amount. If I use 1000 gallons a day, but none runs off it is not an issue. If my neighbor uses 1 gallon per day, but fertilizes heavily and it all runs off, that is an issue.

I don't want "what if" side effects, I want to know why conserving water itself is an environmental issue.

W

Wenchy

I'm worried about the well here running dry. Pee in the toilet is fine...Poo is not.

I'm conserving the water we have left.

Neighbors can thank me as well (HAHA___WELL...know how much a new one costs?)