Votes: 87 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
P

PelyKat

Geek said:
Cool! What kind of of book?

It's modern fiction, about a woman who has these recurring dreams, and how they relate to her, what they mean, and what they are warning her about.

My avatar is part of the cover, it's called "BEWARE 30." I will be self publishing thru LuLu.com, they have a great program.

They even put you out to amazon.com and other big name online stores, make you available to be picked up by the book stores, etc. I'm excited.

Thanks for asking. :flowers:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sinema (D- AZ)was awarded the "Vladimir I Lenin" award from Arizona Federation of Taxpayers in 2005, a tongue-in-cheek honor given to the "most pro-big government legislator." In 2006, she angered many conservatives when, in a magazine interview, she referred to them as "Neanderthals" and said women and moms who stay at home and don't work are dependent on men and "leeching off their husbands."

Wow, and would think most of the SAHM's are Democrats too.. who would've thought a democrat would attack women like that??

meangirl

Nice lady!
itsbob said:
Sinema (D- AZ)was awarded the "Vladimir I Lenin" award from Arizona Federation of Taxpayers in 2005, a tongue-in-cheek honor given to the "most pro-big government legislator." In 2006, she angered many conservatives when, in a magazine interview, she referred to them as "Neanderthals" and said women and moms who stay at home and don't work are dependent on men and "leeching off their husbands."

Wow, and would think most of the SAHM's are Democrats too.. who would've thought a democrat would attack women like that??

Why would you think most SAHM's are Democrats? :jameo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
meangirl said:
Why would you think most SAHM's are Democrats? :jameo:
I don't why, I just do..

Between Republican women, and Democrat women, I would THINK that the Republican woman would be more about career, earning her own money.. and the democrat woman would be more about staying at home, hugging trees.. using cloth diapers.. etc..

I'd like to see a poll, and see how it falls out.

AND I'm sure there are several SAHM that are Repub, but I bet they are outnumbered..

meangirl

Nice lady!
itsbob said:
I don't why, I just do..

Between Republican women, and Democrat women, I would THINK that the Republican woman would be more about career, earning her own money.. and the democrat woman would be more about staying at home, hugging trees.. using cloth diapers.. etc..

I'd like to see a poll, and see how it falls out.

AND I'm sure there are several SAHM that are Repub, but I bet they are outnumbered..

Thanks. I really was curious why you thought so, that makes sense. I am a SAHM and a Republican just for the record. Here it isn't about "my own money" it's about raising my own kids! :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
meangirl said:
Thanks. I really was curious why you thought so, that makes sense. I am a SAHM and a Republican just for the record. Here it isn't about "my own money" it's about raising my own kids! :yay:
I kind of figured you were.

what's even worse, the person quoted is a female..

meangirl

Nice lady!
itsbob said:
I kind of figured you were.

what's even worse, the person quoted is a female..

Yeah, I noticed it was a female. Let me say now though that females can be the absolute cattiest, pissiest toward each other. It never surprises me that working moms will call SAHM's useless, etc and SAHM's will say WM's are all about the dollar and things as opposed to raising their own kids.

My personal view on both is...whatever works for your family is what's right.

meangirl said:
Yeah, I noticed it was a female. Let me say now though that females can be the absolute cattiest, pissiest toward each other. It never surprises me that working moms will call SAHM's useless, etc and SAHM's will say WM's are all about the dollar and things as opposed to raising their own kids.

My personal view on both is...whatever works for your family is what's right.
:yeahthat:

Goobergrl6

itsbob said:
I know the religous wing-nuts aren't going to like it but..

DO you stay at home becasue you want to or is this commanded by your church, or both? And if so, which church?

Nope no church involvement here. It is just how we like it. To each their own.

camily

Peace
Cowgirl said:
WHY??? Because why is it more of a "democratic" thing to want to be home and raise your kids?? It's freakin rediculous to make that ass-umption. I would think it would be the complete opposite even. I freakin" hate these threads. Perposterous and unintelligent to even bring the topic up. That is why I am a democrat. We are accepting of whatever the situation is and accept what the responsible parents decsion is.

Goobergrl6

Redskinsmama said:
ok you can hop off of your "i'm better than everyone else b/c i don't need materialistic things" box. you choose not to have ambition. What were you taking care of while you were a SAHW? i can get my house clean within three hours (and it is rather large) so what in the hell could you possibly have to do that would keep you fulfilled? You chose to lead a simple life, one without challenges and aspirations (i am speaking about your SAHW era) and yet you come on and blast people that want to be successful? My mother worked her ass off everyday to ensure that i could have an amazing education and grow up in a nice neighborhood free of crime. I'm so thankful that i had a mom with such drive to provide the very best for her children. you are one twisted sister.

I didn't say I don't need materialistic things. I like nice things I just choose which ones I want. When I was a SAHW I was able to do things like go with dh on travel on a moment's notice, get stuff done during the week so myself and DH could just hang out on the weekend and just not have to worry about work. Not saying that I never worked because I did. There were times I needed to work and if that was the case I was happy to work. There were times I had 2 jobs and was going to culinary school. But if I did not NEED to work we both liked it better with me home. As far as my SAHM life my kids have EVERYTHING they need and a lot of stuff they want.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Being a stay at home mom is a personal choice. My mom did not work when I was growing up, and I loved it. Every meal was made from scratch, none of this pre-packed frozen crap that everyone eats now. She was there to pick me up within minutes if I were sick, and always spent lots of time at my school volunteering. I did not get away with crap, she was always was there to keep me straight, raising her kids was her life. I was lucky enough for her to be a stay at home grandma for my son. I felt safe in knowing she was there for him while I was working. I work part time now, but I can tell you when I am home I am working alot harder than when I am at work. At work I do not care about dirty clothes or cobwebs. Monday mornings are relaxing at work because I actually sit for five hours a day. As modern day women we are lucky to have the choice to work at a job or work at home, and both should be respected.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
camily said:
WHY??? Because why is it more of a "democratic" thing to want to be home and raise your kids?? It's freakin rediculous to make that ass-umption. I would think it would be the complete opposite even. I freakin" hate these threads. Perposterous and unintelligent to even bring the topic up. That is why I am a democrat. We are accepting of whatever the situation is and accept what the responsible parents decsion is.
she angered many conservatives when, in a magazine interview, she referred to them (SAHM) as "Neanderthals" and said women and moms who stay at home and don't work are dependent on men and "leeching off their husbands."

That doesn't sound very "accepting" by your fellow democrat..

I believe a democrat would be more of the type (not the only type) to stay home with their children that is all. mainly because of their ideology such as "It takes a village" Now I didn't say anything bad, I just stated what I thought would be the case, and until someone can provide research to show that I'm wrong, I don't consider it too bad of an ass-umption..

On the other hand I feel like what your fellow democrat said was offensive and deragatory against all women, Republican and Democrat alike.. but disagreeing with her, I guess I wouldn't be very tolerant..