Does anyone do yoga?

tes218

I wanted to try it too, anyone know where classes are near Hughesville?

Not in Hughesville but there are classes on Tuesday and Thursday held at my church in White Plains. Tuesday classes are $5 each or $15 a month at 7:00pm and Thursday classes are free at 6:00pm. Only mention because I live in Hughesville and it's not much of a drive. Classes are 30 minutes.

libby

I run and swim for exercise, and yoga seems like it would be...???...not rigorous enough to burn the calories. Am I way off base here?
With all due respect, does yoga work up a sweat? How does one even begin?

I run and swim for exercise, and yoga seems like it would be...???...not rigorous enough to burn the calories. Am I way off base here?
With all due respect, does yoga work up a sweat? How does one even begin?
Yoga will make you sweat, make your muscles scream for mercy and will make you realize all the cardio in the world does not prepare you for a good yoga workout. Word.

MarieB

It took me 7 months, but I'm going to take the yoga plunge. I will be trying a class at evolve this week.

I looked at mats very quickly tonight, but i wasn't sure which one to start out with. There are mats that are labeled strictly for yoga (2 thicknesses), and then there were other mats that were a little thicker than that. I assume that some mats cold be too thick?