Dog Groomer in St. Mary's County?

teacherhm

Hello!

I have a 15 week old, 3 lb. Yorkie, Theo, and am looking for recommendations for a dog groomer in St. Mary's. He hasn't been groomed yet except for a nail clipping at Petco shortly after I adopted him, but he is in need of an overall trim, ear cleaning, nail trim, etc. - nothing major. He's obviously still a puppy, so he nibbles and tries to get away if he's brushed (despite daily brushing...) so I'd really like to find someone that's also comfortable working with puppies. He will also have all of his shots, including Rabies, after 5/29.

After talking to a friend, I did get in touch with Liz from Doggie Paws Mobile Grooming and her quote for a Yorkie is $70. I'm looking for something a little cheaper if possible considering he is so small and has a short coat (and not the long coat some Yorkies have and he's not matted or anything like that.) However, I know you usually get what you pay for...

Does anyone have any recommendations? :)

Thank you in advance!

Blister

My wifey was pleased with the services and prices for our pets from Holly at Pawsitively Purrfect. I don't know the forum rules about giving out contact info here, PM me if you want. She is also mobile and based in St. Mary's.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I pay $44 for my Great Dane at Petco. My girl doesn't like her nails trimmed and they are able to do a wonderful job while keeping her calm.

spinner

Questions to ask before making an appointment:

What does the grooming price include? Bath? ear cleaning? Anal glands? Nail clipping AND filing?

How are the dogs dried? Crate dried or blow dried? [Crate dried dogs don't come out looking nearly as nice as blow dried dogs]

How many dogs are in the shop at one time? Are there any loose dogs running around the shop?

How long will my dog have to stay? Will he have to wait in a crate?

Do you want to see his shot record?

What is the price and are there any extra charges?

What are your hours and type of payment accepted?

I run a small shop in Hollywood, prices include bath, ear cleaning, nail clipping and filing, anal gland expressing. All dogs are blow dried, no crate drying. Appointment times are 1 1/2-2 hours long, only one or two dogs in the shop at a time, usually only one. Dogs are not crated until they are finished and waiting for pick up. They do need to be up to date on shots, but I don't need to see their record. No loose dogs in the shop. Prices start at $40 for a full grooming on a small dog, hours are by appointment, cash or check only.

luvmygdaughters

We take our girl to Pet Paradise on St. Andrews Church Rd. They did a fantastic job on her. brush, bath, nails clipped and anal extraction, $ 40.00. Our girl weighs about 75 lbs. We always took our Nikki girl there too, she had long hair and was about 45 lbs, only charged us $60.00 for bath, clip, nails and extraction.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Questions to ask before making an appointment:

What does the grooming price include? Bath? ear cleaning? Anal glands? Nail clipping AND filing?

How are the dogs dried? Crate dried or blow dried? [Crate dried dogs don't come out looking nearly as nice as blow dried dogs]

How many dogs are in the shop at one time? Are there any loose dogs running around the shop?

How long will my dog have to stay? Will he have to wait in a crate?

Do you want to see his shot record?

What is the price and are there any extra charges?

What are your hours and type of payment accepted?

I run a small shop in Hollywood, prices include bath, ear cleaning, nail clipping and filing, anal gland expressing. All dogs are blow dried, no crate drying. Appointment times are 1 1/2-2 hours long, only one or two dogs in the shop at a time, usually only one. Dogs are not crated until they are finished and waiting for pick up. They do need to be up to date on shots, but I don't need to see their record. No loose dogs in the shop. Prices start at $40 for a full grooming on a small dog, hours are by appointment, cash or check only.

:yay:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Hello!

I have a 15 week old, 3 lb. Yorkie, Theo, and am looking for recommendations for a dog groomer in St. Mary's. He hasn't been groomed yet except for a nail clipping at Petco shortly after I adopted him, but he is in need of an overall trim, ear cleaning, nail trim, etc. - nothing major. He's obviously still a puppy, so he nibbles and tries to get away if he's brushed (despite daily brushing...) so I'd really like to find someone that's also comfortable working with puppies. He will also have all of his shots, including Rabies, after 5/29.

After talking to a friend, I did get in touch with Liz from Doggie Paws Mobile Grooming and her quote for a Yorkie is $70. I'm looking for something a little cheaper if possible considering he is so small and has a short coat (and not the long coat some Yorkies have and he's not matted or anything like that.) However, I know you usually get what you pay for...

Does anyone have any recommendations? :)

Thank you in advance!

You will always pay more for the convenience of a mobile groomer coming to your home and parking in your driveway. For me, it has always been worth it because it is less stress on my dog! Dexter is older, doesn't really like other dogs and I think he would be wiggy being left at a groomer for several hours. The mobile groomer I have used for the last two years, recently moved out of state and I have not heard bad or good about Doggie Paws grooming but I imagine she is booked solid especially with this other groomer leaving.

Midnightrider

You will always pay more for the convenience of a mobile groomer coming to your home and parking in your driveway. For me, it has always been worth it because it is less stress on my dog! Dexter is older, doesn't really like other dogs and I think he would be wiggy being left at a groomer for several hours. The mobile groomer I have used for the last two years, recently moved out of state and I have not heard bad or good about Doggie Paws grooming but I imagine she is booked solid especially with this other groomer leaving.

Exactly. Its about $20 more for me to have the doggie paws come here and be done in an hour or so. When I used dang dirty dogs they had my dog for 3 hours before they even started, and they only started then because I had come back to check on my dog after not getting a call that she was done.

Like I said, having the groomer come here and actually work on your dog and your dog only is well worth it

Last edited:

spinner

Sorry if you had a bad experience, but since you never let me know there was a problem there isn't much I could do. I have no idea who you are or how long ago this was. Or even if you have the right groomer. And if you had a problem you should have contacted me right away and personally, not in a forum setting.

gretchen

Sorry if you had a bad experience, but since you never let me know there was a problem there isn't much I could do. I have no idea who you are or how long ago this was. Or even if you have the right groomer. And if you had a problem you should have contacted me right away and personally, not in a forum setting.

This was years ago. We were asked for recommendations,and after what you did to my dog,you're someone I would not recommend. So I said so. I absolutely did contact you about it,and I absolutely have the right groomer. It's odd to me that you say I didn't contact you,anyone with a business can expect to have an unhappy customer or two over time and yet by you saying I never contacted you - not knowing who I am,that implies either you are just being defensive or you seriously believe everyone has been happy with you forever.

spinner

Again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, certainly it is your right not to recommend me. I have no idea what you are talking about or who you are, so until I do this discussion is over.