Dog Parks?

EyeLoveTivo

Other than Quiet Waters and the Grays Road dog park, are there any other off leash dog friendly areas? I heard a rumor about Brownie's Beach but haven't confirmed that yet. I'd love to be able to take my dogs into the water somewhere closer than Quiet Waters.

johnycarcinogen

Other than Quiet Waters and the Grays Road dog park, are there any other off leash dog friendly areas? I heard a rumor about Brownie's Beach but haven't confirmed that yet. I'd love to be able to take my dogs into the water somewhere closer than Quiet Waters.

You are supposed to keep your dog on the leash at brownies beach since it is a state run park, but there is nobody there to inforce the rule so you can let you dog off the leash. Many people do and there are no problems with it. I love it when the dogs come up to me, but I like animals. It is a great beach for taking a dog to because the water remains shallow for hundreds of feet out. I was walking there 2 weeks ago, I probably walked out 200 feet and the water only went 6 inches above my knees...I am 6 foot tall.

Do you know how to get there?

EyeLoveTivo

You are supposed to keep your dog on the leash at brownies beach since it is a state run park, but there is nobody there to inforce the rule so you can let you dog off the leash. Many people do and there are no problems with it. I love it when the dogs come up to me, but I like animals. It is a great beach for taking a dog to because the water remains shallow for hundreds of feet out. I was walking there 2 weeks ago, I probably walked out 200 feet and the water only went 6 inches above my knees...I am 6 foot tall.

Do you know how to get there?

Nope...do tell :)

J

jp2854

pointlookout is in scotland maryland

Last edited by a moderator:

-lilgiggles-

...trying to keep up...
There is a dog beach by Point Lookout (prior to going into the park).

Would that be that strip of beach near where everybody fishes on the big rocks? I've seen lots of people with their dogs out there in the summer. Its technically in the park because you have to go by the pass office. However, its right at the beginning since the "people" beaches are further down. Its a long drive for most people, but worth it for a day out with nice weather. I remember going there on field trips in elementary school. There's a ton of history behind the park and Civil War memorabilia.

Sucks that you can't bring your dogs into the rest of the park though. (*I think*) Theres lots of cool stuff to see but its spaced out so you have to walk. It would be great to have your dog (even on a leash) with you.