Dominos Pizza

puggymom

Yup, white box...they block streaming/videos from our computers at work.

Oh. It starts as a 80's type commercial for soap with some guy taking a shower then the bunny goes across the floor saying 'Still going'. It was big in the late 80s (maybe early 90s). There were several like this.

Oh. It starts as a 80's type commercial for soap with some guy taking a shower then the bunny goes across the floor saying 'Still going'. It was big in the late 80s (maybe early 90s). There were several like this.

Ohhhhhh, I know what kind of commercial you talking about. Sorta shows how life's just happening, all the while the batteries are still going...still going...still going...:lol:

SA475

"Mark It Zero"
Seeing all the commercials of how they've changed everything, I decided to try them last night. There was no change, at least not for the good, in fact, I think it was worse, the sauce to me was too spicy and there was hardly any cheese on the pizza. I also got wings, which is usually all I eat from there but even they were dried and shriveled up and stuck to the foil. They lost me for good this time.

I had a couple of thoughts...

- They may have revamped their recipe and dough - which is ultimately a marketing strategy - but it'll take time for that new stuff to hit all the markets. I'm sure that stores won't let the other stuff go to waste after they've already purchased it.

- I used to work at Dominos a few years ago and it was a good Dominos (it wasn't in MD). The manager really cared about what he was doing... It was his career... Some Dominos I've ordered from just plain suck - so I am sure it is entirely possible that you got a sucky pizza. That said, some workers make better pizzas that other and it all depends on who was working that night, if the manager was cracking the whip on them or not, or if they were just being lazy.

- The lack of cheese can be explained by this... Cheese is the most expensive ingredient that Domino's puts on their pizzas. Most Dominos use a pizza cheese spreader - whereas the cheese goes in a device and under the device goes a pizza. Once the pizza maker activates the device, a specific amount of cheese drops out of it onto the pie. If that device's grate was partially clogged - it would cause less cheese on the pie. Further, some managers will tell pizza makers there to cut back on cheese (so not to waste it).

- As for the wings... the wings go through the same 500 degree oven as the pizza, on a metal conveyor which pushes a food item through at a certain speed. If the oven is set TOO HOT, the pizza will burn. If the conveyor is too slow, the pizza will burn, etc etc. IF you asked for your wings to be crispy, all they do is put the wings through twice... Meaning that they are often dry and shriveled...

- One theory I have is that when any business gets to a certain size, the quality of the product decreases. Look at Papa Johns for instance, they were really REALLY good back in the day. As they expanded, their pizza quality has decreased. Same with Chilis, Wendy's, and all the others...

It's all about money - not the customer. Just some food for thought - lots of variables in there...

I don't eat pizza as much as I used to because I eat healthier now. If I do, I try to get Mom N Pop shop pies... I'd rather get a better product and support the local community over chain-restaurants and corporations.

Aside from all of that - you should complain if you aren't happy. It's your hard earned money... and the only way something can improve is by knowing that they effed up.

I like to use Google Maps a lot... and whenever I get a crappy meal, I'll leave a review on that place's mark on the map.

Toxick

Splat
the Colbert Report is what got you to try it? But he was bashing them and it discouraged me. :lmao:

agreed usually. I haven't tried McDonald's 'new' coffee (not THAT new anymore) but some heavy coffee drinkers I know told me it was better. None of them live out here though, so I don't know.

I thought their old coffee was delicious.

Their new coffee is crap.
They never should have messed with the coffee.

Their sweet-tea is an abortion as well. And you can't get unsweet tea there now.

Every move they make the place gets worse, and it wasn't much to start with either.

Their new coffee is crap.
They never should have messed with the coffee.

Their sweet-tea is an abortion as well. And you can't get unsweet tea there now.

Every move they make the place gets worse, and it wasn't much to start with either.

I don't think there was anything wrong with their old coffee either, the new stuff...ehhhh, whatever.

The sweet tea is more like 'a little tea in your sugar water', hehe. Still I must admit...I sorta like it but I peeeeeee for houuuuuuurs afterwards :lmao:

Beta84

They're out to get us
What, are you saying the energizer bunny isn't REAL?! :cds:

They lost my business a looooong time ago. Not sure it had to do with how sucky their pizza is, I just loooooove Papa Johns :drool: (I mean, if we're talking delivery :lol:)
Of course there is an energizer bunny! there there. :huggy:

i used to like dominoes til i discovered papa johns...never looked back! except the pasta bowls, those were good.

Way to get all technical :nerd:

j/k :lmao:
that wasn't my MPD either!

It wasn't even coffee! :dead:

Of course there is an energizer bunny! there there. :huggy:

i used to like dominoes til i discovered papa johns...never looked back! except the pasta bowls, those were good.

that wasn't my MPD either!

Thanks, I was worried.

Yum, yum, YUM!

Likely story.