Donald Trump has accepted Christ

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't know who I am voting for yet, but none of the four running seem worthy of my vote.

I can vote for someone not running. If I do that, I might as well vote for me.

But, why don't we have all 17 major R's on the ballot, and all 4 major D's on the ballot, too? Why are parties controlling our elections, instead of people?

We don't have that because most of us who participate are emotionally attached to either the D or the R yet try and argue they're really for the nation first. So, we do as they say. :shrug:

This_person

OK, so, we've got this far. You disagree with my view.
I don't think I understand your view.

Did I word it correctly?

So, what's yours? When was America great? What is Trump selling, a date? A time period? :shrug: You're not going to answer that because, like him, it would then present the challenge of all that was wrong at that time period that is far better now. Or, will you, unlike him, be willing to pick a time and defend it?
To be great again does not mean a regression to a past time. In the past, things were great for the times, like you seem to believe things are great now - for the times.

To be great again, I believe Psy gave the answer previously. There is a long list of things that could-should be done better (like the political process), and a general "morning in America again" feeling that needs to be back in the US.

As Zuckerburg if people can still make millions from nothing. People CAN still move up and down the economic classes, people CAN go to school and make their children's lives better than their own, etc. etc. What's wrong, really, is people don't FEEL they can, and there are a lot of examples why they can't. They're bull#### examples because we are a great nation, but not everyone knows and feels that.

This is why race relations are so bad. People blame black people for violence, and make stupid comments like, "well, if they had a JOB they'd not be able to protest like that" with the dripping sarcasm of them just going and getting a job. Meanwhile, white people in the same economic class are doing the same stupid ####. But, whites are underrepresented in the lower classes, and blacks are over represented. And, this is nothing to do with capability, so it has to be due to something. We do next to nothing to address what it is. Trump, for all of his faults, says, "I'll look into that". Now, his solutions are likely to be outside of what I think is right - that is, MORE government involvement in schools instead of less. But, it will be something, which is more than anyone else talks about.

So, you'll say I'm not answering your question, but the fact is I disagree with the premise that it has to be a time period. I also grossly disagree with the idea that we're as great now as we could be.

This_person

We don't have that because most of us who participate are emotionally attached to either the D or the R yet try and argue they're really for the nation first. So, we do as they say. :shrug:

I think we don't have that because the laws don't allow it. At least, not equally. Cruz today would be subject to many more hoops through which he must jump than Trump to be on the ballot - because the laws say he must.

That's not fair. That's a broken system