Don't look now, but oil is approaching $50

Crude stocks up 0.6 million barrels

Distillates stocks up 2.4 million barrels

Gasoline stocks down 0.2 million barrels

Refinery utilization - 85.3%

Oil trading around $55.50, gas around $1.60. Watch out at the pumps - prices are gonna be rising over the next week or so.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Crude stocks up 0.6 million barrels

Distillates stocks up 2.4 million barrels

Gasoline stocks down 0.2 million barrels

Refinery utilization - 85.3%

Oil trading around $55.50, gas around $1.60. Watch out at the pumps - prices are gonna be rising over the next week or so.

Unbelievable.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, seriously - I wouldn't lie about it.

Anyway, oil is around 56 1/2 bucks now, and gas is about $1.62.

New job report; It seems everyone got fired last month. In other news, oil inventories are up 2 tillion barrels over last month and July delivery just topped out at $99...in sports the Yankees..."

New job report; It seems everyone got fired last month. In other news, oil inventories are up 2 tillion barrels over last month and July delivery just topped out at $99...in sports the Yankees..."

Get with the program Larry - supply and demand is soooo last century.

Anyway, oil is around 57 1/2 bucks, and gas is around $1.68.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Holy climbing petroleum prices, Batman!

Oil is over $58 this morning, while gas is over $1.70.

See? You're wrong about supply and demanding not mattering anymore. It matters, just a little different now.

More supply, less demand = higher prices.

And this is because it's a safe harbor for $'s. The feds have secret agreements with all sorts of people to not chase speculators out of oil with a return to the old regulations that kept them the hell out.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
Obama now risks the same stupid thing that Bush allowed; a devastating, specific hit to every single American and every last piece of the economy.

My oh my...apparently you forgot that his administration wants the oil to go up again - that is one of his way's of cutting back on oil consumption. I don't remember the exact speech but it was an eye opener! Unfortunately, most of the citizen's that voted for him didn't pay attention to his speech...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My oh my...apparently you forgot that his administration wants the oil to go up again - that is one of his way's of cutting back on oil consumption. I don't remember the exact speech but it was an eye opener! Unfortunately, most of the citizen's that voted for him didn't pay attention to his speech...

No doubt and that is bad enough. However, he's not the one oil went to $147 under.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What are you trying to say - very confusing...

You are saying Obama wants oil to go back up and he said he does which is all true and, to do what he wants, he needs it to.

And what was Bush's motivation? Point being, oil is WAY over priced now and yet, as bad as it is, at least Obama is telling us 'here's the plan' whereas, last summer, the culmination of the run up from 2004, what was the goal, what was the point?

$60 with a plan, a plan I disagree with, but a plan none the less.
$147 with...what plan?

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
And what was Bush's motivation? Point being, oil is WAY over priced now and yet, as bad as it is, at least Obama is telling us 'here's the plan' whereas, last summer, the culmination of the run up from 2004, what was the goal, what was the point?

There you go - reading the Drive-By Press! Bush tried to get drilling going - NO GO said the Democrats! We have plenty of oil - but the Democrats always shoot it down. If you remember, Obama said he would consider drilling - well, like everything else - it is now off the table. Actually, it was never on the table - only considered to the Democrat's got back in power. Oh well, blame Bush - what the heck...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There you go - reading the Drive-By Press! Bush tried to get drilling going - NO GO said the Democrats! We have plenty of oil - but the Democrats always shoot it down. If you remember, Obama said he would consider drilling - well, like everything else - it is now off the table. Actually, it was never on the table - only considered to the Democrat's got back in power. Oh well, blame Bush - what the heck...

I've never thought of you as yet another mind numbed Bush defender, so, let's not start. Consider what you and the rest of the 'Bush was powerless' chorus are saying; He has the power to take us to war over oil but not do anything about the price/regulation of oil.

Does that make any sense? At all?

By the way, one of the LAST things I expect from Obama is an intelligent, reasonable policy regarding domestic oil supply. I expected much more from Bush.
:buddies:

Crude stocks down 2.1 million barrels

Distillates stocks up 0.6 million barrels

Gasoline stocks down 4.3 million barrels

Refinery utilization - 81.8%

Crude is trading at about $61.50, gas is trading at about $1.86. The price at the pump isn't through climbing yet, folks.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Crude stocks down 2.1 million barrels

Distillates stocks up 0.6 million barrels

Gasoline stocks down 4.3 million barrels

Refinery utilization - 81.8%

Crude is trading at about $61.50, gas is trading at about $1.86. The price at the pump isn't through climbing yet, folks.

Sounds like everyone is getting the supply where they want it.

Crude stocks down 5.4 million barrels

Distillates stocks up 0.3 million barrels

Gasoline stocks down 0.6 million barrels

Refinery utilization - 85.1%

Crude oil is above $65 and gas is above $1.90.