Dont make eye contact ....

This_person

Please tell me you're kidding.

The electrical engineers on hear about to swoop down on that soon to be road kill. The things we do now with electricity, within electrical circuits, were, at best, theories 40 years ago, things we might some day be able to do.

Still boils down to free electrons floating down a conductor though, right? I mean, I get that integrated circuits are tiny now, and we've learned a lot about doping silicon, and we use a lot more power electronics - phase modulation - instead of amplitude or frequency modulation anymore....but, it's still the motion of free electrons. Still use the left-hand rules for explaining how a motor or generator work. We've gained in how we use it, but the theory is the same.

But, if you don't like that analogy, and you ignore the pasteurization analogy, how about brittle fracture? That science is older than the NIH report I gave you, and it is still the basis for how we build things today.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Still boils down to free electrons floating down a conductor though, right? I mean, I get that integrated circuits are tiny now, and we've learned a lot about doping silicon, and we use a lot more power electronics - phase modulation - instead of amplitude or frequency modulation anymore....but, it's still the motion of free electrons. Still use the left-hand rules for explaining how a motor or generator work. We've gained in how we use it, but the theory is the same.

But, if you don't like that analogy, and you ignore the pasteurization analogy, how about brittle fracture? That science is older than the NIH report I gave you, and it is still the basis for how we build things today.

Dude, just walk that back and it's all good. There is NO analogy that will work against the enormous advances of the last 40 plus years in genetics and biology. NONE.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, then, you can easily show me how what I provided is inaccurate, right?

No. In fact I don't think there is a thing I can do to change your view. If the massive progress in DNA sequencing and mapping these past few years leaves you referencing a UT study done over 40 years ago, an idea you've doubled down on in other fields proffering that progress in other areas also stopped 40 years ago, I'm pretty sure there isn't a thing I can point to or say.

SamSpade

Then call it something else. It doesn't matter if it is scientifically accurate, the phenomena still exists.
What we call "racism" still exists. It doesn't matter what you call it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Then call it something else. It doesn't matter if it is scientifically accurate, the phenomena still exists.
What we call "racism" still exists. It doesn't matter what you call it.

'Greenhouse gases' is another example of a very poorly chosen euphemism. It misses on any levels AND harms the intent of the user. So does 'racism'. It DOES matter what you call it. Especially if you want it fixed.

We are ONE race, period. Want a better choice? Self loathing. Dislike or disapproval of another 'race' given the knowledge we have now, is to dislike and hate based on skin or hair or some physical feature when the things you dislike or hate are traditions and/or religious and/or tribe and/or region and so on and THED find it's your long lost brother. Because it is.

There is NOTHING wrong with disagreement based on how people behave. it is idiocy to base it on appearance, skin color or other physical features.

This_person

No. In fact I don't think there is a thing I can do to change your view. If the massive progress in DNA sequencing and mapping these past few years leaves you referencing a UT study done over 40 years ago, an idea you've doubled down on in other fields proffering that progress in other areas also stopped 40 years ago, I'm pretty sure there isn't a thing I can point to or say.

I fully agree with the progress that has been made, but the theory behind how it works has not.

So, tell me, with this DNA sequencing and mapping, where is the study to demonstrate the 40 year old definitions are now not valid.

This_person

There is NOTHING wrong with disagreement based on how people behave. it is idiocy to base it on appearance, skin color or other physical features.

If your exception to my pointing out that there are three races is based on a perception that I accept racism because there are races, let me set that mis-perception straight right now. I do not accept racism, regardless of whether the races exist or not.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If your exception to my pointing out that there are three races is based on a perception that I accept racism because there are races, let me set that mis-perception straight right now. I do not accept racism, regardless of whether the races exist or not.

No. It's based on the incorrect information that there are 3 races.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I fully agree with the progress that has been made, but the theory behind how it works has not.

So, tell me, with this DNA sequencing and mapping, where is the study to demonstrate the 40 year old definitions are now not valid.

It'll take you 5 minutes to find numerous links explaining how the concept of races evolved, sociologically, and how they're not supported by biology. Pick one you like. As long as it's not one celebrating the buggy whip as the height of transportation technology innovation and advancement. :lol:

This_person

It'll take you 5 minutes to find numerous links explaining how the concept of races evolved, sociologically, and how they're not supported by biology. Pick one you like. As long as it's not one celebrating the buggy whip as the height of transportation technology innovation and advancement. :lol:

I did, and came up with the NIH link previously provided. Seemed a pretty reliable source. What is your source?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I did, and came up with the NIH link previously provided. Seemed a pretty reliable source. What is your source?

As I say, if the Human Genome project hasn't impressed you enough to set aside a 43 year old study as a 43 year old study, nothing I can point to will.

This_person

As I say, if the Human Genome project hasn't impressed you enough to set aside a 43 year old study as a 43 year old study, nothing I can point to will.

So, mine is not wrong, but there's something new? Something that specifically discusses race as an actual thing, but says it's not as big a deal today as people make of it because we are so interbred? That project?

PeoplesElbow

The electrical engineers on hear about to swoop down on that soon to be road kill. The things we do now with electricity, within electrical circuits, were, at best, theories 40 years ago, things we might some day be able to do.

Not really, the digital processor in your computer is just a very shrunken down and more intricate version of the first digital computer using a handful of relays.

It is how we are able to apply things that has really changed in the last 40 years. Truthfully the stuff done 40 years ago with what existed then is more amazing.

black dog

Free America

So.. I missed it.. E over i doesn't equal R any longer? When did that happen?

black dog

Free America
Not really, the digital processor in your computer is just a very shrunken down and more intricate version of the first digital computer using a handful of relays.

It is how we are able to apply things that has really changed in the last 40 years. Truthfully the stuff done 40 years ago with what existed then is more amazing.

Yep.. just really small now. I'd bet if you take a new watch apart and pop the lids off a few ic's you can still find a tuning fork..