Dover International Speedway 6/4/17

stgislander

PREMO Member
Sheesh, you would think the consequences of that goof up would have been punishment enough, not to mention the entertainment value. :lol: Sounds like adding insult to injury, and I don't even like Kyle Busch.

Yeah... of the four JGR drivers he's #4 on my list.

calvcopf

Sheesh, you would think the consequences of that goof up would have been punishment enough, not to mention the entertainment value. :lol: Sounds like adding insult to injury, and I don't even like Kyle Busch.

Seems harsh, but I think that is the mandatory penalty now if you lose a wheel after leaving the pits.

I don't like suspending the crew chief when an over-the-wall guy makes a mistake like missing a couple lug nuts or whatever that mess was with Kyle.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Seems harsh, but I think that is the mandatory penalty now if you lose a wheel after leaving the pits.

I don't like suspending the crew chief when an over-the-wall guy makes a mistake like missing a couple lug nuts or whatever that mess was with Kyle.

And what was the tire carrier supposed to do? He threw the tire up one the wheel and his job's done. That's the problem with mandatory penalties. It takes common sense out of the equation. I'm really surprised JGR is not going to appeal.