Dr. Adedoyin Shonekan

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
Okay...thanks!

What are the issues with her, is it her bedside manner, is she rude, uncaring, not interested at all? That's what I'm getting from the responses.....

How do you feel about their nurse practitioners? They were offered to me as well......
I heard from a local GYN nurse practioner that it is worth the drive to calvert if you want a caring doctor during your pregnancy to go with Dr. Alonozo. She said she will take all the time you need and will be there the entire time during the appointments and when you deliver, instead of treating you like you are just a number. Here is her info:

Ruby Alonzo, MD
Calvert Ob/Gyn Assoc
120 Hospital Rd Ste 211
Prince Frederick, MD20678
Phone: (410) 535-5610

I am not sure, because when I delivered in 2004, Dr. Polko was the only doctor in her practice at the time, but I heard now with all of the new doctors there, you are not guaranteed to deliver with who you choose, it just depends on who is available when the time comes.

Last edited:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I had to comment because all these threads had me a little nervous when they told me dr. polko was sick and I would be seeing Dr. Shonekan..but I thought she was great! I have no idea why someone wouldn't like her, she was very sweet, funny and put me at ease with the problem I had earlier. I liked her a lot. Her sense of humor is a little silly which I guess could be off putting to people, esp if they are very concerned or worrisome, but I enjoyed her and SO liked her too. I have no problem seeing her again :yay:

annemayer

I was trying to get an appointment with Dr. Polko, but she isn't taking new patients. Dr. Polko was recommended to me, but Dr. Shonekan is available. Can anyone give me any feedback on Dr. Shonekan?

Dr.Shonekan is pretty cold,and uncaring. Furthermore,she isn't very detail oriented. I'll tell you why - I saw her for what appeared to me to be an area of skin almost pulling inward on the underside of one breast. It only appeared when my arm was raised. I showed this to her,as it was the only reason for the appointment,and she had her back to me,glanced over,and said I don't see it. End of story. Decided to go see Dr.Fritz - who is awesome - as a second opinion,and she saw it after looking for a second,and immediately did a STAT order for a mammogram. I don't chance it with Shonekan.

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I heard from a local GYN nurse practioner that it is worth the drive to calvert if you want a caring doctor during your pregnancy to go with Dr. Alonozo. She said she will take all the time you need and will be there the entire time during the appointments and when you deliver, instead of treating you like you are just a number. Here is her info:

Ruby Alonzo, MD
Calvert Ob/Gyn Assoc
120 Hospital Rd Ste 211
Prince Frederick, MD20678
Phone: (410) 535-5610

I am not sure, because when I delivered in 2004, Dr. Polko was the only doctor in her practice at the time, but I heard now with all of the new doctors there, you are not guaranteed to deliver with who you choose, it just depends on who is available when the time comes.

I know I have said this before, but I love Dr. Alonzo. She is very caring and takes her time and answers all your questions.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I had to comment because all these threads had me a little nervous when they told me dr. polko was sick and I would be seeing Dr. Shonekan..but I thought she was great! I have no idea why someone wouldn't like her, she was very sweet, funny and put me at ease with the problem I had earlier. I liked her a lot. Her sense of humor is a little silly which I guess could be off putting to people, esp if they are very concerned or worrisome, but I enjoyed her and SO liked her too. I have no problem seeing her again :yay:

She has her bad days TRUST me. You will feel rushed.. But then again she did listen to me and scheduled me to be induced. (Which Polko told me she wouldnt have dont yet) :lol: Glad you like her though!!

lovinmaryland

She has her bad days TRUST me. You will feel rushed.. But then again she did listen to me and scheduled me to be induced. (Which Polko told me she wouldnt have dont yet) :lol: Glad you like her though!!

I know I feel bad when people post they like her... I just feel eventually they will really see how bad she is!