Dr. Aron on probation for baby's death

CREResident

Lawsuits and Induced Labor

Most accident and medical malpratice suits, I understand, are settled out of court so they will not all be public. And doctors (doctor boards) are very reluctant to punish their own, so for the board to take any negative action (which they did) suggests serious wrong doing they could not excuse.

Induced labor is more and more common..... as I see it for the doctors' convenience..... The doctors love induced labor because the delivery is scheduled during the day so the doctor doesn't have to wake up in the middle of the night... and to make more money because it is easier to schedule other office appointments.

I agree with induced labor IF THERE IS A MEDICAL REASON. But I do not recall so many doctors trying to persuade mothers to be induced. Hospitals and doctors should be prohibited from inducing labor unless there is a medical reason.

This doctor should have let nature take its course..... and if there was an emergency, a C section should have been done. Forceps, suction, and all these methods of yanking a baby out of the mother cause a lot of spinal an neck injuries too.

ITS ME

I'm not sure I should have said anything.. sorry...

I understand and respect that. What I was getting at and what I think you may or may not appreciate was if the other child(ren) were delivered by Dr. Aron, then obviously they felt he was a competent doctor to return.

Again, I totally feel for the parents, but I recognize that Dr. Aron has delivered hundreds, if not thousands of healthy babies.

While I am not a patient of Dr. Arons, I checked my ob/gyn up on the judiciary website and note that he and his office has had some cases settled. Before you ask, I do have children and seeing that my ob/gyn has had cases "settled", yes I will continue to go to him. I trust him, and have, obviously to deliver my children.

I don’t know the circumstances other than what I read and while I don’t like what I read, I have to side with what, I believe Hoover said in a prior post……if Patient A was in labor for 3 days, there should have been other doctors that checked on Patient A at any given time and it appears, that no other doctor noticed that there was anything out of the ordinary, so I have to question if there was anything that would have stood out to say..... "RED ALERT, RED ALERT"...... a C-section must be done NOW.

jaclyn

Not a Lurker anymore!
Being pregnant I for one would want to know this information and applaud the OP for posting it :clap:

What does it matter if they have an ax to grind? For all we know she is a relative of the child who died. And if it were my baby that died or a relatives baby who died you can bet your ass I would be up here posting this information for everyone to see. :yay:

I agree!

Roxie04

If i had anything to do with this case, wether it be my child or my relatives child, i would NOT be on here talking about it. People talk all the time about what is posted on the forums and i would not want them to know i was on here posting about it.

nana

Nana
First - You really dont hold a lot of weight around here with only 5 posts and one of the first you post is bashing a local doctor. So if I were you stand down or delete your account. You wont win an argument with me or any of the longtimers on this forum. We tend to hold together like glue!!!

Second - Standard of care - yes - unless you were in that room when the babies were born - you dont know what happened. Posting something you found on a website doesnt cut it. You could have altered it - unless you have concrete proof that something Dr. Aron did was wrong and caused the death of the baby - take it to an attorney not the public forum. By you posting it in the public forum you can be charged with Decimation of Character.

Third - Being a doctor isnt easy. I know, I was going to be a Physician Assistant. Its grueling between school, Internship, rotations and family time. Dr. Aron is one of the few who still deliver in Charles County - I think there are 5. Things like this happen all the time - its hard to swallow when a little life is lost, but sometimes you have to know when its time to BE A DOCTOR and when its time to let GOD take over - You dont know the whole story - just what was posted in the forum. Do you know the mothers medical history? Do you know if mom was truthful in telling the doctor everything??? If mom was in labor for 4 or 5 days - and went to the hospital I am sure Dr. Aron was not the only doctor she was seen by - he cant be on-call 24/7 and still run an office. If mom felt that she wasnt getting the care she deserved by Dr. Aron then why didnt mom go to Southern Maryland or St. Mary's - they are only 30 minutes away from La Plata? Yes we can all sit back and be armchair doctors, but unless we were there and we were Dr. Aron and the patient no one really knows but them what really happened do we?

Fourth - by signing on as a "made up forum name" we can follow your IP address and know where you log in to your computer - we can turn this information you posted into Dr. Aron and have subpoenaed in either of these cases.

I am just saying....

Hoover your message is clear and great but.. I am confused this is dated this year yet my daughter in law saw him on Wednesday not issues he delivered her niece Monday again no issues so explain to me how is he suspended if he is still practicing?
I had heard of him before but personally never used him. My daughter in law and her family all use him and love him. I have however, met him on several occassions and find him very charming and professional. We have had some issues with my daughter in law and he has handled everyone professionally and patiently.
Don't take everything you read to heart if you weren't there and if you don't want to use him because of what you read don't but don't slam him unless you know the whole truth.

jedi2814

Most accident and medical malpratice suits, I understand, are settled out of court so they will not all be public. And doctors (doctor boards) are very reluctant to punish their own, so for the board to take any negative action (which they did) suggests serious wrong doing they could not excuse.

Induced labor is more and more common..... as I see it for the doctors' convenience..... The doctors love induced labor because the delivery is scheduled during the day so the doctor doesn't have to wake up in the middle of the night... and to make more money because it is easier to schedule other office appointments.

I agree with induced labor IF THERE IS A MEDICAL REASON. But I do not recall so many doctors trying to persuade mothers to be induced. Hospitals and doctors should be prohibited from inducing labor unless there is a medical reason.

This doctor should have let nature take its course..... and if there was an emergency, a C section should have been done. Forceps, suction, and all these methods of yanking a baby out of the mother cause a lot of spinal an neck injuries too.

As a labor nurse I have to report most inductions for non-medical reasons are done at the patient's request for their convenience, i.e. childcare, mother in town, husband's schedule, tired of being pregnant, etc. Doctor's really prefer natural labor because a) it works better and b) it really takes less management on their part.

Second, after reading the complaint against this doctor I can't understand how anyone can talk about how "this is very sad but these things happen". This MD breeched multiple protocols and standards of practice - he shouldn't be on probation, his license should be revoked.

Third, it takes a lot to get the medical board to cite an MD. This is not the first case to come before them regarding this doctor. It is maddeningly frustrating how many instances it takes and how bad they have to be to get the board to do anything. Only things that result in censure are published, and it takes multiple complaints to get them to act.

paralegalusaf

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but how can the OP be charged with decimation of Character for posting something that according to the consent order "shall be made a public document pursuant to MD State Government Ann. 10-661" ??

Ok, seeing decimination is making this paralegal twitch... decimination does not make sense "send out something" or things related to large groups or 10 or more ppl."

I believe you meant to say, "defamation of character", which means its intent is to prove malice (like first-degree murder);in this case it does not. Nor has there been public disclosure of private facts if it can be proven the document linked is the original document contained on the Maryland Board of Medicine.

Under the Privacy Act, I did not see anything that I normally would redact from a matter of record to the public [to wit: SSNs, address, DOBs, etc], pop out at me...also under the Freedom of Information Act, documents like board and court records are a matter of public record, thanks to lawmakers. If I google my name, I will see a former member of the Air Force who was court-martialed file suit against me and the rest of the proscution all the way up to a general officer, all of which were acting in their official capacity...the ex saw that one day and sent an e-mail asking about, that's how I found out about public records...nice huh...

Having said that, I like to give her the benefit of the doubt and perhaps she was possibly in shock with the discovery. However, another venue (such as one on one e-mail with personal friends/relatives) would have been more appropriate.

I do not know this doctor, but having had a OB deliver my child who is now 6yro, I can relate to the sadness of the death and how the doctor must feel as well. I am sure the intent was not to harm the child but to have nothing but the best interest for both the mother and unborn child. Keep in mind, the heart rate was dropping (the same happened to me during delivery, I didn't have forceps but a ER C-section), it can get pretty crazy in there...people were rolling me this way and that, not telling what was going on...all I can remember is people started rushing into my room with a crash cart.

Mistakes happen. Until we walk in both the doctor's shoes and that of the mother who lost her child, we will not fully understand. It is like me starting out on the government side, assisting with prosecuting members brought up on charges, and then going over the the defense side helping those facing a court-martial...it makes the perspective more rounded and better balanced.

Don't forget, the board considered all the matters presented and rendered their decision, which they felt was fair and just. There are certain checks and balances put in place. No matter what side a person is on, it is going to deeply effect that person's life...

Considering his punishment of probation and coursework...that must say something for the standard of care/medical treatement he provided with past patients. He's got to be a good doctor because he still has his medical license. If there had been a trend with deaths at delivery, I am sure any doctor would have been investigated, boarded, than given appropriate punishment based on the facts. If it was a long term trend meaning 5 or more, any doctor would not be practicing unless it is in a third-world country issuing vaccinations, etc.

Considering the recent current events...It's not like the OB/GYN who recently was charged with sexual assault w/his patients during their exams, yuk.

So no matter if you are For or Against the decision on this topic, you are intitled to an opinion, it is your United States Constitutional Right...and the states cannot take that away, and therefore incorporated it into their state's constitution.

Let's just agree to disagree and move away from this very heated debate. There's my 2 cents as a yes, rookie to the forum...but slowly adding the number of posts :) Can't we all just get along ~ GROUP HUG...I'd like to buy the world a coke and teach it harmony....lol sorry, I had a bad flashback from the 70s and me wearing plaid, thanks Mom, lol Going down the hall to the next topic....see ya there!

Last edited:

paralegalusaf

Hoover your message is clear and great but.. I am confused this is dated this year yet my daughter in law saw him on Wednesday not issues he delivered her niece Monday again no issues so explain to me how is he suspended if he is still practicing?
I had heard of him before but personally never used him. My daughter in law and her family all use him and love him. I have however, met him on several occassions and find him very charming and professional. We have had some issues with my daughter in law and he has handled everyone professionally and patiently.
Don't take everything you read to heart if you weren't there and if you don't want to use him because of what you read don't but don't slam him unless you know the whole truth.

Here, Here! Well said!!!

paralegalusaf

Because it paints Dr. Aron in a negative light? Personal information about Dr.'s and businesses are posted on here all the time. There are several threads on the boards about St. Mary's Obgyn's who have negative things said about them and their medical info posted. Dr. Aron shouldnt be treated any differently.

Obviously you have a close relationship w/ Dr. Aron. But put yourself in a pregnant womans shoes who is new to the area or who has recently transfered to his office. I would want to know this. It is public record. Those documents have not been sealed.

My cousin is a patient of Dr. Arons and he has delivered both her children, one just a few months ago. I have never heard her say a negative thing about him... however I highly doubt she is aware of this.

With things like health care, it is always important to do some research prior to making a selection, read their curcum vitae (bio) and anything they may have had an opportunity to write about in medical journal or other scholar research. See if the doctor lobbys for certain health care issues...etc. Just opening the phone book and pickig a random name any more is not a smart choice....Not really going anywhere with this; just a PSA....lol

carie_47421

Yea Right
As a new expecting mother, I SO appreciate you for sharing you with me. as a new mom I want to know EVERYTHING. I love public record!!. I have already had to get away from one QUACK by the name of Dr.Strider...what a WACKO JACKO - Avoid him at all costs

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
As a new expecting mother, I SO appreciate you for sharing you with me. as a new mom I want to know EVERYTHING. I love public record!!. I have already had to get away from one QUACK by the name of Dr.Strider...what a WACKO JACKO - Avoid him at all costs

From Calvert OB/GYN Associates in Prince Frederick?

Last edited:

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
YES!!!

CRAZY MAN

I have been using Dr. Tiralla for 8 years now and other than the wait, I absolutely love them. Dr. Strider did a procedure for me back in August and I found him to be a little different but in a good way. I was laughing the whole time. But other than that, I dont know him other than passing him in the hallway in the office.

carie_47421

Yea Right
Lets just say it went as far as him "pushing" me back on the examining table...slamming doors and drawers, and screaming so loud the nurse had to come check on me to make sure everything was "AOK"

All because i did not want a colposcopy (SP) while pregnant. I already have issues with reproduction, and it could have waited. since when does the patiend not have a "say" it was bad...real bad...he pulled the doppler out and waved it in my face mimmiking me. how grown.

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
Holy cow! I would never have imagined that. Thank god I only go there once a year! I am so sorry that happened. The office area is so small too... Wow, just wow

B

Bronwyn

The Dr that delivered my youngest is one of the top Dr's in my county, and I was 100% satisfied with every single visit.

Yet, when you look him up, he has been sued by past patients. I think some people are simply looking for a payday... as everyone in the medical profession is well aware. i was threatened with lawsuits monthsly when i worked at the hospital by the drunk I was restraining so that he wouldn't rip out his IV (etc)...

You can't judge Dr's so easy based on lawsuits. JMHO