Driver's License

I can't find anything definitive online and can't get through to the DMV call center. To renew/get a new driver's license, do you need an original birth certificate?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Is this related to getting the REAL-ID license? Otherwise a renewal shouldn't require it, new license might still require it. See if you can find out HERE.

Well, it's when you can't renew online and have to show proof of who you are. I guess it's a special one because of illegals? I can't find it on the MVA site or anywhere. Someone said it's a new license everyone eventually has to have with a red star on it?

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Someone said it's a new license everyone eventually has to have with a red star on it?
The New Biden ID.

images

Tech

If you have a passport, you can use that instead of certified birth certificate. May need a marriage cert if names don't match.

If you have a passport, you can use that instead of certified birth certificate. May need a marriage cert if names don't match.
Ok thanks. It's for my husband who doesn't have a passport. So you're saying he will need an original birth certificate? Copies won't do?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ok thanks. It's for my husband who doesn't have a passport. So you're saying he will need an original birth certificate? Copies won't do?
If you need a certified copy, need to go to the town clerk's office where his birth was registered.