Driveway Paving

ymn

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for driveway pavers. If you were happy with recent work, please let me know who you used. Thanks

OldHillcrestGuy

If your in Northern St. Mary's or Eastern Waldorf, Hughesville, Bryantown area I used Buckler's Paving out of Charlotte Hall last July, real small time company (2 guys) but his estimate beat the bigger guys by far. Did excellent job.:yay:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for driveway pavers. If you were happy with recent work, please let me know who you used. Thanks

Copenhaver.
They do lots of major road projects. Called them for my driveway, they showed up, prepped and put three inches down where I wanted all in one day.
No problems, very polite, do a great job at a fair price.
:yahoo:

Dedicated

I am also looking into getting my driveway paved. I live in the Ranch Club, if anyone else in here wants to get it done, maybe we can get a group discount.

Nitro

Copenhaver.
They do lots of major road projects. Called them for my driveway, they showed up, prepped and put three inches down where I wanted all in one day.

ditto

My driveway is about 12' wide X 100' long. $3500

PrepH4U

Copenhaver.

:yay:
They were great!

smilin

BOXER NATION
I have a related question. A guy pulled up in my driveway about six months after it was done and asked I wanted it sealed. I told him to come back when the weather was warm.
When do you need to start sealing a driveway?

willie

I have a related question. A guy pulled up in my driveway about six months after it was done and asked I wanted it sealed. I told him to come back when the weather was warm.
When do you need to start sealing a driveway?
Whenever you want it to look new. IMHO it does nothing to preserve the driveway.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Whenever you want it to look new. IMHO it does nothing to preserve the driveway.

I wondered about that because I never see the state roads being "sealed". Just thought they used a better compound on highways.

An afterthought: I also understood that sealing any road was to keep water from getting under the blacktop, freezing and buckling it.
Can't see it with a new surface without cracks.

Last edited:

willie

Are you sure about that?
Of course not but it's my honest opinion.
Marinini put in my driveway about 15 years ago and after about 3 years it was gray but in solid shape. Over the years it got real ugly from oil spills, some dumass spray shining tires and leaving sem-circle stains, paint spills and a couple of jack stand scars. 3 years ago I finally got embarrassed by the ugliness and sealed it with 17 5 gallon buckets of the good stuff from Lowe's. The only repairs it needed was a quart of crack patch for the jack stand holes and a bag of asphalt for the dents my truck tires made parked in one spot in the summer heat. It's just starting to turn gray again but is in very good condition so IMHO sealer is cosmetic only.