Droid X - Android 2.2 Software Update 9-22-2010

Droid X came out with android version 2.2 today. :yay:

Settings | About | Updates... go out and have the phone check for any and let it automatically update. :cool:

Pete

Repete
Droid X came out with android version 2.2 today. :yay:

Settings | About | Updates... go out and have the phone check for any and let it automatically update. :cool:

My droid II came with it. The boys driod got it a couple weeks ago.

Looked at the droid X and decided to go with the II instead. the X is so big it is like having a big screen TV hanging off your belt. :lol:

when they pushed 2.2 to my Droid it made a major noticable difference...

I hope so - don't get me wrong, I like the phone - but they say 2.2 is a whole different ball game.

My droid II came with it. The boys driod got it a couple weeks ago.

Looked at the droid X and decided to go with the II instead. the X is so big it is like having a big screen TV hanging off your belt. :lol:

:lmao:

The Droid 2 came with 2.2 and it is a nice phone, but I really like the large screen of the X. My son had his choice and went with the X and so far he likes like it as well.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Droid X vs. Samsung Fascinate

The Samsung Fascinate has a Buy One Get One Free deal going on right now; both my Mom and I are due for upgrades.

But I love the Droid X at first glance.

Opinions??? :coffee:

The Samsung Fascinate has a Buy One Get One Free deal going on right now; both my Mom and I are due for upgrades.

But I love the Droid X at first glance.

Opinions??? :coffee:

I cannot speak for the Samsung.

My wife had the HTC Incredible and took it back after a week - horiible battery life and this was after putting on App Killer and all the other stuff.

She got the Droid X and has not looked back.

I had a Blackberry and switched to the X. After getting mine, the whole shop I work with switched over to Droid phones, and we administer the BlackBerry Server at work. :lol: Tells you how much we love the BlackBerry. :lol:

Like I said, I do not have (nor do I know of) the Samsung but would like ot hear about it. I can say the Droid X is an excellent phone. :yay:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
I cannot speak for the Samsung.

My wife had the HTC Incredible and took it back after a week - horiible battery life and this was after putting on App Killer and all the other stuff.

She got the Droid X and has not looked back.

I had a Blackberry and switched to the X. After getting mine, the whole shop I work with switched over to Droid phones, and we administer the BlackBerry Server at work. :lol: Tells you how much we love the BlackBerry. :lol:

Like I said, I do not have (nor do I know of) the Samsung but would like ot hear about it. I can say the Droid X is an excellent phone. :yay:

The Facinate is a really cool phone from what I saw in the Verizon store. The screen is super-clear. Its all touchscreen (I think), very responsive. Runs off the Android system, just a little different setup. Its just not nearly as big as the Droid X, which was something I liked considering right now I have the LG Dare, which I love, but watching videos on it or even getting on the internet kills my eyes.

Basically, I think I like the Droid X better. But the Samsung is cheaper, runs off the same system, etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences with it vs. the X.

refugee44

I got my X delivered yesterday...so far, I'm in love. The phone is a little big, but that also has its advantages. I never used the touch screen on my ENV Touch, because it was too small to really see anything without lots of scrolling. I watched a friend's YouTube video on my X this morning, and it was really cool!

I don't see me returning this phone! Droid X will bring Motorola phones back from the brink of death.

designerxboi

2.3.15.en.us is the new Verizon firmware number that just downloaded... it is installing now and can take up to 5 minutes.

I just did my update and my X doesnt seem like it. When I go to unlock the phone it seems to kinda freezes for a few seconds and then catches up.

How did yours do??

Rayne

Thanks much for the notification. I didn't have the foggiest idea on where to go about updating the firmware.

Is this the update that lets us use Flash 10 finally?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Fascinate (VZW) uses bing (LOS LINKS!!!) as its search engine whereas the Droid uses Google. My brother isn't real happy with this set up and told VZW this during the testing phases. It seems that bing hangs up and isn't as seamless as google with the android OS. Look for a change in search apps in the near future as more complaints come in from consumers.

I would still get a Fascinate, because I'm not so much of a techno weenie that I'd notice any lag time especially since I'd be moving from a BB Pearl. I'm thinking a Fascinate for the wife and a Droid II or X for me. :biggrin:

Rayne

As a follow up to my last post and after downloading and running the update, I can confirm that this new iteration of Droid software does indeed support Flash.

Woo hoo!

awpitt

Main Streeter
As a follow up to my last post and after downloading and running the update, I can confirm that this new iteration of Droid software does indeed support Flash.

Woo hoo!

My Incredible got the 2.2 update two weeks ago. Very nice improvements. I like the flashlight app. Pretty handy.

foodcritic

The Facinate is a really cool phone from what I saw in the Verizon store. The screen is super-clear. Its all touchscreen (I think), very responsive. Runs off the Android system, just a little different setup. Its just not nearly as big as the Droid X, which was something I liked considering right now I have the LG Dare, which I love, but watching videos on it or even getting on the internet kills my eyes.

Basically, I think I like the Droid X better. But the Samsung is cheaper, runs off the same system, etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences with it vs. the X.
From my vast internet reading expect just about any droid phone to be a power hungry monster. Keep chargers work, home and car. You must learn the phone and learn how to adjust settings.

If your just going to turn it on and use a phone don't buy it. It's for geeks.

Android Forums

try

Phone Scoop

Cell Phone Reviews and News - Welcome to Mobiledia

Product reviews and prices, software downloads, and tech news - CNET

Currently using a LG Ally.

Last edited:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
We're getting new Droids at work tomorrow morning.

I ditched my Blackberry in August for a Droid X and I love it. I must admit that I am no where near a tech savvy person so I have no desire to root, run leaked versions of OTC updates and what not. I finally feel I am getting use out of the 30.00 a month data plan as I usually just surf the web on the phone. I don't make many calls and I am not a texter. I have figured out how to watch TV on it though which is cool on a road trip. Droidforums.net and Phandroid are also good sites but as with any forum there is an abundance of whining and complaining amongst the posters who really know how the devices work.