Drug Testing for Public Assistance?

itsrequired

I think I detect some sarcasm, yet I agree.

If it's not against the rights of every single soldier, airman, and marine to be drug tested it shouldn't be against ANYBODY's rights to be tested.

Random drug (to include alcohol) testing, and required suspension and expulsion in at least High School may solve a lot of problems.

I'm all for it, where so I sign the petition?

In fact, if you are going to make something illegal, wouldn't it make sense to provide the means you plan on using to enforce it? Drug use is illegal (in most cases) in this country, but we really have no viable plan to actually enforce the law for the actual usage. Now we call it a disease, and you get treated for it, instead of getting arrested and punished for it.

No sarcasm at all! I get so disgusted with the amount of money put into our public schools. Futher, the things which aren't school related like sports complexes and activities.

Why are we paying all this money to have half of these students go on to be Collegiate thugs or thugs in the NFL? Like Barney said...nip it in the bud!

ZARA

Some of my income goes to every single person who has tax deductions (free handouts). Do I get a say in how you live your lives?

Umm...we paid in over 25k in taxes last year. And that's with tax deductions. WTF is my free hand out?

MMM_donuts

Are we talking just food stamps? Or medicare, medicaid, social security, daycare, housing, and WIC benefits?

And what would be considered "drugs"? Narcotics, marijuana, undocumented medications, alcohol, tobacco?

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Umm...we paid in over 25k in taxes last year. And that's with tax deductions. WTF is my free hand out?

Well how much more would your tax bill be if it weren't for deductions? Assuming government needs X dollars to operate who pays your deduction?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Welfare queens don't steal from you or me. The government does.
But would you not agree that the government steals from us, to allow for payments to the welfare queens?

Obviously, the government takes their portion in taxes in areas that far expand beyond the Welfare takers, but a tremendous amount of money does go to welfare queens.

That should stop, is all I'm saying. And if one way to make that stop, is to allow for drug testing, then I'm all for it.

Ideally, and I'll say this again: all welfare should stop, not just to welfare queens.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The point is deductions and one's ability to use them is arbitrary, just as are behavior modification demands for welfare are arbitrary. All invented by government.

I think the wording is wrong Using the term deduction seems to imply that every penny we make is the governments and we are looking at ways to keep as much of their money as we can.

When in fact it is OUR money, and money we earned, and the government should be providing reasoning and argurments as to every penny they need to take from OUR money.

WE should not have to provide reasoning to keep our money (ie deductions) they should be providing justification for taking ANY and all of it.

ZARA

But would you not agree that the government steals from us, to allow for payments to the welfare queens?

Obviously, the government takes their portion in taxes in areas that far expand beyond the Welfare takers, but a tremendous amount of money does go to welfare queens.

That should stop, is all I'm saying. And if one way to make that stop, is to allow for drug testing, then I'm all for it.

Ideally, and I'll say this again: all welfare should stop, not just to welfare queens.

I think the wording is wrong Using the term deduction seems to imply that every penny we make is the governments and we are looking at ways to keep as much of their money as we can.

When in fact it is OUR money, and money we earned, and the government should be providing reasoning and argurments as to every penny they need to take from OUR money.

WE should not have to provide reasoning to keep our money (ie deductions) they should be providing justification for taking ANY and all of it.

:buddies::love:

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss

See my other comments. I don't believe in income taxes or welfare.

Roman

Wildly inefficient does not necesarily mean it didn't work.

Who knows how many people went without drugs the weeks or month preceding their required testing to get their benefits.

They base their effectiveness on the amount of people that got caught, because it's impossible to truly judge the effectiveness on the number of people that didn't do drugs in the first place.

Maybe those that went without to pass the screening went right back to their bad habits, but maybe 50% didn't, maybe 40% .. maybe 10%.. how many former drug addicts would equal a successful program?

Impossible just to write off a program's effictiveness, ineffectiveness based on the drug users that were caught.
Random testing might be better. That way, the person has no clue when it is their time to pee.

bcp

In My Opinion
Welfare queens don't steal from you or me. The government does.

Im sorry, the welfare queens steal from the government due to liberal idiocy, then the government steals from me to give it to the lazy and worthless sector of society.

if the welfare queens would just off their overpaid and over fed ass and maybe get a job at Wal-Mart instead of just spending all day there, perhaps we would not have to pay as much in tax.

on a side note, in this argument, Welfare queen was your designation for the worthless drug abusing sacks o poo. Not mine.

bcp

In My Opinion
Well how much more would your tax bill be if it weren't for deductions? Assuming government needs X dollars to operate who pays your deduction?

Government would need much less to operate if they stuck to what they are supposed to be doing in the first place.
and for the record, what they are supposed to be doing does not include
healthcare
welfare
free phones
investing in clean energy
investing in any business
90% of regulatory departments are not required
telling business how much they have to pay
restricting drugs that could save lives
the list continues. You put the right people in government and we could be out of financial trouble in a few years, then taxes could go back down to what most would consider a fair amount.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss

on a side note, in this argument, Welfare queen was your designation for the worthless drug abusing sacks o poo. Not mine.

Right. The point is I don't differentiate between welfare queens who take drugs and welfare queens who are tee totalers.

It is wrong to steal income from anyone. Full stop.

I would not support drug testing for welfare recipients because welfare doesn't exist in my paradigm. It's not difficult to grasp.

Right. The point is I don't differentiate between welfare queens who take drugs and welfare queens who are tee totalers.

I would not support drug testing for welfare recipients because welfare doesn't exist in my paradigm. It's not difficult to grasp.

So you and I have something in common. You don't discriminate. You hate everyone equally. :coffee:

luvmygdaughters

I have always said welfare, food stamps, cash assistance,etc. should have an expiration date. I also believe that if a woman who has children, no father living in the home, no child support coming in and is on welfare, should be mandated to take birth control. If she becomes pregnant again, while on welfare, her benefits cease. Most welfare recipetents also receive reduced or free health care, which, includes birth control. THere is no reason why a woman should have 4 or 5 kids, by 4 or 5 different babies daddies with no means of supporting herself or her children other than welfare. But the way it works is, the more kids you have, the more benefit money you receive. The whole damn thing is corrupt and out of control. An outside accounting firm should be brought in to audit the welfare system. Having the government doing it is like having the fox guard the henhouse.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I like the expiration date idea. Only issue there is finding work before the expiration date. That is not as easy as it sounds. Neither is relocating to an area where work IS available.

One key point is that there are some who have for generations used and abused the system, being a palpable drain on the taxpayers, and there are some who really DO need help for a short time but can't get it. That latter group falls through the administrative cracks thanks to the former group who have caused a number of seemingly nonsensical regulations to be implemented.

You know, there a thousands of 'dead head' miles of Air Force flights across this country in which a transport plane flies essentially empty back to their home base. There are hundreds of thousands of 'dead head' miles by commercial trucking companies returning to their home stations.

All it would take is for the Department of Labor (a misnomer if ever there was one) to coordinate with those with empty seats to move unemployable in Florida or New Hampshire to jobs in New Mexico, or Utah. The DoL is aware of jobs which go unfilled or filled by illegals. They should be using the citizens whose welfare is about to run out to full these jobs and soon the illegals would decide it's better to return home than to sit on the streets doing nothing.

Of course this requires the U.S. government to stop (1) recognizing anchor babies as U.S. citizens (2) giving unemployed illegals any benefits (3) codling the illegals anywhere in the U.S. (which includes asylum seekers, visa overstayers, and those we currently house in our prisons).

bcp

In My Opinion

your last comment makes no sense.
there is welfare, they are stealing your money, and I personally see nothing wrong with putting requirements on the collection of that money, one being no drugs, no steaks, no lobster, no lexus. Bare minimum. Being stupid lazy and poor should hurt.
Would you give your kids an allowance if you knew they were out buying crack with it? What makes the crack whore welfare slob any different?

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
your last comment makes no sense.
there is welfare, they are stealing your money, and I personally see nothing wrong with putting requirements on the collection of that money, one being no drugs, no steaks, no lobster, no lexus. Bare minimum. Being stupid lazy and poor should hurt.
Would you give your kids an allowance if you knew they were out buying crack with it? What makes the crack whore welfare slob any different?

I don't believe in asking government to force my will on others regardless of the circumstances. The issue isn't people taking drugs. The issue is the government abusing the "health and welfare" language in the Constitution to get away with theft. End welfare and we don't have to have pointless discussions about forcing people to be have a certain way.