Dry Shampoo

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
Dry Shampoo | TRESemmé | Products | TRESemmé

Anyone try this? I got it because sometimes if I sleep when my hair is damp it will be kind of wild and I'll have to shampoo it again even if I just washed it that night. I thought it might be handy in those rare instances but it actually makes my hair look worse. I have really thick, relatively long hair, Im wondering if its more suited to someone with fine hair.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I've never used that brand, but I use (and like) this. I have very thick shoulder length hair and it helps extend a blowout for an extra day. It's not going to make your hair more manageable, it's mostly to kind of revive your roots and get rid of any greasiness so you don't have to rewash your hair as often. It does add a bit of volume, but nothing too crazy. I think a dry shampoo is a dry shampoo, so I'm glad there are some cheaper alternatives out there now.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Dry Shampoo | TRESemmé | Products | TRESemmé

Anyone try this? I got it because sometimes if I sleep when my hair is damp it will be kind of wild and I'll have to shampoo it again even if I just washed it that night. I thought it might be handy in those rare instances but it actually makes my hair look worse. I have really thick, relatively long hair, Im wondering if its more suited to someone with fine hair.

I'll have to try that. I have very fine long straight hair that is dry and damages easily. I try to wash it every other day but sometimes it's just kind of lank from heavy conditioners, I just need some root lift.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
hey thanks! I'll give that one a try! :yay:
No problem - and if it doesn't work you're only out a few bucks. :lol: I will say this: it doesn't seem to make my hair feel any cleaner, but it does look cleaner, if that makes sense. I don't mind though, because I only pull it out in those instances when I don't have time to do the whole wash/dry/straighten thing, or when I'm out of town for a couple days and don't want to bring an arsenal of hair tools.

puggymom

I have tried the Tresemme. It is not as good as the stuff I usually use but that being said it is a lot cheaper and it does work. You just need to work harder to get that whitish film off your hair.
I will have to try that stuff from Sally's.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
A friend of mine who has super thick, dry, long hair uses Bumble and Bumble. Its expensive, but she loves it. And it comes in different colors.

My Mom (who is a stylist) and myself use Pssssst. Much more affordable than Bumble and Bumble. Its white, so if you have dark hair (like me) you'll want to lightly spray it on before you leave the house, let it dry during your commute, then mess with it once you get to work. My mom and I both have really fine hair and oily skin, so "greasy" looking roots is our plague. This product works best on short hair, but I have past-my-shoulders-length hair and I can get away with using it in a pinch.

Just some thoughts :howdy:

mitzi

A friend of mine who has super thick, dry, long hair uses Bumble and Bumble. Its expensive, but she loves it. And it comes in different colors.

My Mom (who is a stylist) and myself use Pssssst. Much more affordable than Bumble and Bumble. Its white, so if you have dark hair (like me) you'll want to lightly spray it on before you leave the house, let it dry during your commute, then mess with it once you get to work. My mom and I both have really fine hair and oily skin, so "greasy" looking roots is our plague. This product works best on short hair, but I have past-my-shoulders-length hair and I can get away with using it in a pinch.

Just some thoughts :howdy:

Wow, I didn't know that they still made Psssst. I remember using that when I was a teen. Who carries it?

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Wow, I didn't know that they still made Psssst. I remember using that when I was a teen. Who carries it?

Amazon, for one.

Other than that, Im not sure. I'll ask my Mom. She may get it at stylist supply stores but Im not sure.

iris28

I found this in Walmart and works great for me. I wouldn't hold it too close if you have dark hair because it will leave a white residue. It also probably works best for those of us that don't use products in their hair. I use it in the evening when I'm headed out and just need to freshen up my hair a bit.

tygrace

Using baby powder works just as good. It definitely helps fine greasy hair have more volume and gets rid of the grease. It also gives you volume.